MK4 PC patch

Angel

I was just wondering if anyone knows where the hell a patch for MK4 might be found these days (if anywhere). I have the orginal verison of the game and its the first realise and I KNOW there is a patch for it. Usually theres some soul out there who copies the patch file to their computer and then uploads them when its no longer there to download. Anyone who of anywhere I could get it?

Its just I have a prob with the in-game videos right now... They are jumpy. Except for the one where Shinnok (I think) goes 'The sound of...' and it goes on about various weapons.

cant remember where i saw it but i found a patch that replaces the character models with those of MK gold so they are more rounded, and it also changes some secondary costumes like tanya/kitana and reiko/noob. i'll keep a look out

The patch Goraka speaks of was unofficial and buggy. Never got it to work for me.

The official one that was released fixed the movies bug, the missing ice models for some characters, and opened up 640x480 Software render mode.

I uploaded it to my webserver and you can download it here:

http://corysplace.silius.net/MK4 Patch.zip

Masta-Dante said:
I heard a rumour that there is a patch which makes all the Gold characters in the PC version, is it true?

Yeah, Goraka just told you, read the post 2 up from yours.

Shinnokxz said:
The patch Goraka speaks of was unofficial and buggy. Never got it to work for me.

The official one that was released fixed the movies bug, the missing ice models for some characters, and opened up 640x480 Software render mode.

:D Thanks, I'll try it. I'm hoping this fixes the video probs I'm having, its annoying when the characters talk like this:

Fujin: Shi-in-in-nok has been defe-fe-feated and now I must, must, must return to my duties as Earths, Earth's, Earth god of wind.

Or whatever Fujin said in his ending. you get the idea though. Its like Porky pig is speaking on behalf of all the characters!

edit:

Yay! Thank you! Thankyou! Thank you! :D

the characters no longer talk like Porky Pig! 8)

Goraka said:
cant remember where i saw it but i found a patch that replaces the character models with those of MK gold so they are more rounded, and it also changes some secondary costumes like tanya/kitana and reiko/noob. i'll keep a look out

I had that model patch, it was not very impressive. I will look through my backup discs and see if I still have it somewhere. I had the patch that was posted here to fix bugs, plus the MKG character patch, plus MK4 strip which let you rip out all the sounds, models and skins and replace them. I did a lot of different skins just for fun, and replaced a lot of sounds with MK3 and MK2 sounds, but the models I never did because I never had the software to edit them.

Also, I had another patch that allowed for the high res software rendering, like 1280x1024. At that res, you needed the gold models or the game would look so incredibly bad. It resembled FX Fighters for SNES + textures.

Shinnokxz said:

why hasn't Shinnokxyz had karma points yet. Because of him my MK4 game now works perfect. He helped another member so that deserves something. 8)

Angel said:
Shinnokxz said:

why hasn't Shinnokxyz had karma points yet. Because of him my MK4 game now works perfect. He helped another member so that deserves something. 8)

Probably because he's a mod now. :)

Is there a reason this was never announced to us, though? :?