The Official Fear Factory Thread

DCR

I know there are at least a few Fear Factory fans here, so I figured 'what the hell, how about a Fear Factory thread?' They've been one of my favorite bands for years and they have a new album coming out on August 23rd called "Transgression", so let's discuss; list the FF albums you own, your favorite albums, songs, etc., etc.

FF CDs I own:

Concrete
Soul of a New Machine
Soul of a New Machine (re-release)
Fear Is the Mindkiller
Fear Is the Mindkiller (re-release)
Demanufacture (digipak)
Remanufacture
Obsolete (digipak)
Digimortal (digipak)
Hatefiles
Archetype (special edition)
Linchpin (single)

Favorite FF albums:

Demanufacture
Obsolete

Favorite FF songs:

Demanufacture
Edgecrusher
Zero Signal
Martyr
Shock
Replica
Slave Labor
Cyberwaste
Resurrection

Oh come on, one person who kinda listens to Fear Factory? I know there's more than that. Crappier bands than this get a ton of replies, what's the deal here?

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Oh come on, one person who kinda listens to Fear Factory? I know there's more than that. Crappier bands than this get a ton of replies, what's the deal here?

I listen to fear factory man, they fucking rock. They did a few songs for the MK Movie too, which gives them a higher ranking on the "Kickass bands scale".

Total-MK got me into it.

Here are my favorite songs :.

Demanufactore
Descent
Self Bais Restore
Shock
Slave Labor
Scape Goat <-- Ownage

i own:
Demanufacture (digipak)
Digimortal (digipak)
Obsolete (digipak)
Archetype

lost my linchpin single.

fav songs:
demanufacture
self bias resistor
replica
new breed
edgecrusher
cars
what will become?
invisible wounds (dark bodies)
acres of skin
slave labor

it's very good to hear that they are already releasing a new album. it's unfortunate that i dont pay more attention to them. i love FF but lately i've been preoccupied by the new inflames and arch enemy releases.

i miss dino....

KoRoneR said:
i miss dino....

Bah, I think they're better off without him. He wrote a ton of awesome riffs from Soul of a New Machine through Obsolete, but you could tell after that his creativity with Fear Factory was running dry. Digimortal was stacked with uninventive riffs that I honestly think showed how bored he was the FF style and how little he had left to give to the band.

I won't take anything away from what he's already done, but since his absence sparked an awesome album, I think Christian is the better guitarist for them now. Maybe you'd disagree, but I think Archetype is way better than Digimortal, and that's proof enough for me. I guess this new album will show if Christian is the real deal though, huh?

hmm. i'd say that's a bit arguable, but i like them both none the less. and after all, they continue to make good music, so whatever they need to do to keep going is fine with me, i guess.

I only own two of their CDs: Archetype and Obsolete but I've heard a lot of Fear Factory stuff. I love heavy rock/metal. It rocks.

Favorite Songs:
Where Evil Dwells (drums are insane)
Edgecrusher
Shock
Slave Labor (once again..the drums..)
Default Judgement
Drones
Descent

I will pick up more of their albums soon. Really into Cradle of Filth right now.

Probably one of my favorite Heavy bands... Been with them since Obsolete came out!

Glad the break-up didn't last forever.

Have:
Obsolete Limited Version
Hotfiles
Concrete
Archetype
Digimortal
Demanufacture
Remanufacture

Too many good songs to name my favorites. I usually listen to whole CD's, but i'd have to say Obsolete & Digimortal are my 2 favorites of whole CD's.

the_sim said:
Glad the break-up didn't last forever.

Man, I was devastated when I heard they broke up. Of course, I was ecstatic and relieved when I heard that they decided to carry on without Dino. *phew*

How many of you guys have seen them in concert? I saw 'em for the first time last August at the House of Blues in Hollywood. Boy did my head hurt after that show. Awesome.

Ive been a fan of FF for many years, i started listening to them around '94 so ive been able to follow most of their career so far, i own pretty much everything they have ever released inc singles, rare stuff etc, ive seen them 4 times and each time they ruled, Transgression isnt bad, archetype was a better album imo but the new stuff is still pretty damn cool

Sweet, my thread's been bumped. I've kept away from hearing the whole new album before it comes out, but I'm still worried about it from what I've heard from other people.

To anyone who doesn't know, Fear Factory's Transgression comes out tomorrow, the 23rd, which is actually in like 15 minutes for me.

Hopefully I'll actually get down the hill to pick this thing up tomorrow.

Soul of a New Machine(dubut album) is their best work in my opinion.
The whole album is one big crunch of noise, and it leaves you with a cold and lifeless feeling. And I love it.

But my all time favorite song : Self Bias Resistor, lies on their next album. The rest of the album was a step back in my opinion. They broke away from the more grim godflesh influenced sound and went in new direction. I still like it, but not as much as their first. Still though, this song is incredible.

part starting around 3:35, to the end of the song is just amazing. Some of the best use of clean vocals I've ever heard in metal. Not alot of bands can get away with this. Without sounding like a whiny b*tch of course.

This seems relevant to this thread, so I'll just leave this here..

FEAR FACTORY Album Release Date Confirmed
Additional Performances Added To May Tour

Candlelight Records today confirms June 5 as the North American release date for FEAR FACTORY's new album, The Industrialist. Produced by the band with Rhys Fulber (Front Line Assembly), the album was mixed by Greg Reely (Paradise Lost/Skinny Puppy/Machine Head). It features additional tracking by Logan Mader (Gojira/Divine Heresy/Five Finger Death Punch) and artwork by Anthony Clarkson (Devin Townsend).

The Industrialist is a conceptual album that brings to life a story scripted by vocalist Burton C. Bell. The album's lyrics detail the plot of the original narrative while delivering FEAR FACTORY's massive signature sound. Bell reveals, "the album is a futuristic tale of an automaton, striving to survive by fighting for its existence within a desperate world. The lyrics tell the story while the music takes our industrial roots and blends them more perfectly than ever with our metal edge. And all without losing the sound that makes FEAR FACTORY a machine of sonic devastation. FEAR FACTORY fans of any era will not be disappointed."

Clocking in at just under one hour, the album's ten songs again unite Bell with guitarist Dino Cazares. It is the second album written by the duo, reuniting in 2009 after a seven year split. Cazares says, "collaborating with Burton again on the new album was like magic. Everything just fell into place naturally. It felt good to recapture the true sound of FEAR FACTORY, taking it back to where it all started while raising it to new levels."

The Industrialist again pairs FEAR FACTORY with long-time friend Rhys Fulber. Their collaborations together include five albums and two remixes, including the certified gold album Obsolete. "Rhys has been our secret member," shares Cazares. "He is the one producer who has been able to understand what we have been trying to accomplish from the beginning and has opened our eyes to new things without sacrificing our original sound. His talents in production and keyboard/samples has made FEAR FACTORY stand out amongst the many bands of our genre."

The Industrialist follows the 2010 release of Mechanize. Widely regarded, the album was the first release from the band in six years and the first new material from the nucleus of Bell and Cazares since 2002. The album debuted on Billboard's Top 100 album chart week of release and continues to sell in early 2012. Sirus XM/Headbangers Ball's host Jose Mangin comments, “after Mechanize dominated 2010 as Liquid Metal’s Album Of The Year, North America is chompin’ at the bit to get an ear full of new FEAR FACTORY. I have no doubt that FEAR FACTORY are going to kick our collective asses in 2012."

Revolver editor Brandon Geist adds, "in the '90s, FEAR FACTORY's founding duo of Burton C. Bell and Dino Cazares changed the sound of metal, from the way that metal vocalists sing to the way that metal and electronic music can be fused together. With 2010's reunion album, Mechanize, their partnership proved to be as lethal as ever. Though 2012 promises plenty of massive heavy-music releases, there isn't a record that I'm looking forward to more than The Industrialist."

Can't wait to hear the new material!