About Fatalities...(MK:T)

stupidmansuit

I was looking at some from the FAQ on this site, and some of them had some buttons put in (). What does that mean? Also, didn't feel like making two topics, so....is there a good way to beat Motaro in MK:T? Thanks.

Usually, buttons in parentheses are buttons you hold down; for example, "(BL) up, up" would mean that you keep block held while performing the "up, up" part.

The easiest way for me to beat Motaro in UMK3 and Trilogy is to take heavy advantage of the added feature of being able to start combos in mid-air (something that wasn't in the original MK3). Basically, you just leap into the air, perform a punch or kick while on the way down (you can only use a kick when jumping straight up) and start right into your combo. To go a bit more in-depth, here's a description of what I do:

As Scorpion or Human Smoke (the characters I play as the most), I'll often wait until Motaro is near me, jump straight up in the air, and then on my way down press HP (the mid-air combo starter), HP, HP, HK, back+HK. You have to make sure that you keep the combo tempo starting with that initial jumping punch, because if you do it correctly it turns into a normal combo. He'll often block at least a couple hits, but if you keep this up you'll be home free.

Another thing to take advantage of in Trilogy is that Scorpion and Smoke's harpoons will connect with Motaro (which didn't occur in previous versions of the game), so use that at will. Some other projectiles wil also hit him if you're close enough, actually, but the harpoons will work from anywhere. Also, if Motaro jumps at you, try to hit him with a jump kick and immediately run in and perform your combo as he's getting back up.

Basically, I think a good rule against Motaro is to stay in the air as much as possible. This won't always work to your advantage, but it gives you more opportunities to catch him without him catching you.

yeah, i find the best and cheapest method to killing motaro is to repeatedly jump and kick him, but it leaves you open to his tail projectile. incidentally, it works just as good against goro on both MK and MK4 too

Noob Saibot, just use the shadow ball (down, forward, low punch i think) and use all the best combos untill he can hit you. Repeat untill dead.

Oh yeah, using Noob is the easiest way to dispose of anyone, pretty much. If all else fails, that's always been my go-to guy.

To beat Kahn with someone else, though, I think the best idea is to stay crouching most of the time. This allows his fireballs to shoot right over your head and (if you're quick enough) give you just enough time to hit block before his shoulder charge makes contact with you. Another thing this allows you to do is let his vertical charge pass directly over your head, leaving him open for an uppercut, which in turn will allow you to hit him with a projectile if you do it as soon as you recover from the uppercut (another tactic that really shines with Scorpion and Smoke, and also with both Sub-Zeros).

Another good strategy against Kahn is to use your character's teleport a lot if they have one. If you're able to teleport out of the way when he shoots a fireball or tries to charge you, you'll often have time for a projectile attack once you pop up on the other side of him (again, another tactic that works well with Smoke and Scorpion). In any case, timing is everything for these and every other strategy in the game; if you're off by even a split-second, you could be completely screwed.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Oh yeah, using Noob is the easiest way to dispose of anyone, pretty much. If all else fails, that's always been my go-to guy.

That pretty much my strategy, too. Noob Saibot is an easy character to use IMO.

Well, I feel stupid. I still need to beat Kahn. I can beat him the first round, but then all he does is charge at me with that stupid "blue" move.

Even with Noob Saibot? Come on, all you gotta do is use that "no block" orb over and over and over again. Also, if he charges you while you're in the corner and connects, he leaves himself open for an uppercut, which you can follow with that orb dealie before he can even get up. With his charge move, you either gotta learn to block that thing or use it to your advantage. Try different things as well, everyone has their own ways to victory. If you want, though, here's another strategy I'll use specifically for that second round:

As Scorpion or Human Smoke, use your teleport punch often. When Kahn gets started in a line of fireballs (he'll often string a number of consecutive fireballs together), use the teleport punch to catch him in the back and immediately follow that with a spear and whatever combo you like. What's great about this tactic, is even if he blocks the teleport punch and you bounce off of him, you can start a combo immediately as you land and usually avoid a devastating attack from him. Even more specific, with Human Smoke, use that strategy with his 2-hit pop-up combo (LK, LP) and follow that with a spear while he's still in the air.

At any rate, it would help us help you better if you told us what characters you normally use. Any fighter will be infinitely easier to defeat as someone you're comfortable playing with.

Well, I just beat it! I was Noob. Hes not my favorite character, but it got the job done. One very last question. At the end, when it says choose your reward, what does each one give you? Thanks.

stupidmansuit said:
Welì, I just beat it! I was Noob. Hes not my favorite character, but it got the job done. One very last question. At the end, when it says choose your reward, what does each one give you? Thanks.

No prob. I aim to help people at anything MK related.

Trust me, you'll grow to like Noob.....he's my favourite ninja (not because of the cheap tatic i use sometimes)

I can of do like Noob now....its your fault :D . jk. Hes cool. Another question. (I don't want to make 100 threads) I'm I doing this cheat right for the N64 verison of MK: T for unlimited lives? At the story screen, you press:

Down, Down, Up, Up, R, R, L, L

Is that right? I keep trying to do it, and it won't work.

??

Has anybody beat the game with Khameleon? I keep trying to so I can see what her ending is (I've seen it a few times but that was a while back and I don't remember it). The only female ninja I'm proficient with is Jade, and i usually get stuck with Mileena's moves for about 70% of the round when I play as Khameleon. Jade's moves come and go real quick.