Stay Dead?

Steven

Considering Jonny Cage, Sonya, Jax, Kung Lao and Kitana were pretty much the first MK characters to be declared dead in the story...do you think they will stay that way? I mean both Lui Kang and Jonny Cage have died in the past but have returned.

And I can't think of one original MK character who has actually died, every character from MK Trilogy has returned in one of the 3 sequels (4/5/6) except:

Sektor/Rain/Kintaro/Motaro/Stryker (I know they were all in Konquest but most of that is prequel, but then again alot of it took place after MK Trilogy so that is probably proof enough they are all alive).

I don't think I have seen/heard of Sheeva or Khameleon since MKT though.

And there are also others characters declared dead that have returned, Original Sub-Zero (who now is apparently Noob Saibot), and Shao Kahn (who was said to be killed by the Deadly Alliance in the opening demo but has returned in Deception).

Also have any of the next-gen characters (new characters from 4,5,6) been confirmed dead? All I can think of as possiblities are:

- Movado (because Kabal got his hookswords back, but I don't recall it being said that he killed him)
- Frost (it said she was just frozen so it doesn't nessicarily mean she is dead)

Anyway thanx for reading.

sektor was also in MK tournament edition on the GBA, which is officially part of them story and ran alongside MKDA, and as far as I know every MK character apart from Chameleon and Khameleon is in Konquest (even meat can be found lying on the floor in netherrealm). However, I've only found Sheeva's corpse

When has Kitana been declared dead? Kitana was thought to have murdered Mileena, but never to have actually died herself. Sonya, Jax, and Kung Lao have never truly been declared dead, either. They may have been absent from certain tournaments, but that doesn't mean they were "dead".

If a certain character doesn't show up in an MK game, it's better to just assume that they either weren't that popular or that they've been in enough games and were due for a timeout, rather than assuming that they've been killed off. The only time we actually know that a character is supposed to be dead is when that fact is alluded to in a character bio or the main storyline of the game (like Mileena, Shao Kahn, and Liu Kang).

At any rate, as Boon has said on this subject, and as it's been stated numerous times here, no one ever really dies in Mortal Kombat. Even if all the earth warriors were to witness Sub-Zero being disemboweled and eaten by some creature, he'd still return the next game with a story like...

"After being ripped to shreds and ingested by the Oni, Sub-Zero's soul was rejuvinated through a hell-fire sparked by the ninja-specter Scorpion, who was long thought to be an enemy of the Lin Kuei warrior, causing that soul to overtake the body of the Oni and transform it into Sub-Zero's own. Now the ice-ninja and his buddy Scorpion swap stories of college experimentation and decide to quell their feud over a Heineken and some "hot-as-hell" buffalo wings."

I'm almost certain all the Earthrealm warriors were killed by the Deadly Alliance and the Dragon King used their bodies as zombies or something. Kitana is guarding her mother Sindel in one of the cells

Kitana was manipulated under the power of the Dragon King, she was never killed. You might be thinking of the Dragon King's army, though, which was basically a platoon of dead guys until Onaga returned to reanimate them.

Let me add something to this: Onaga did enslave most of the Earthrealm warriors (as well as Kitana) but he didn't kill them. That's probably what you were thinking of.

As far as I got to grips with the story, all warriors of the light died (main ones missing from the game) against the deadly alliance. Raiden was the last man standing them. Then he died taking them out too. Then the dragon king resurected them to serve his bidding. Someone managed to free them from his will, this might not come true, we don't know that yet.

And also then Raiden came back evil and kills the Sho-sho-jinko (sorry I can't take him seriously) off... Unless Boon and co decide against that while their at it.

And thats where the story supposedly finishes.

Angel said:
As far as I got to grips with the story, all warriors of the light died (main ones missing from the game) against the deadly alliance. Raiden was the last man standing them. Then he died taking them out too. Then the dragon king resurected them to serve his bidding. Someone managed to free them from his will, this might not come true, we don't know that yet.

And also then Raiden came back evil and kills the Sho-sho-jinko (sorry I can't take him seriously) off... Unless Boon and co decide against that while their at it.

Raiden Died? I thought he just lost a batle. And then he helped the Deadly Alliance to form a new alliance to kill Onaga...Former Emperor of Out World...The Dragon King. Unless your saying he died when he did the Self-Destruct move. Well in that case, I'm sorry

Lol... barely anyone actually dies in mortal kombat!
if they do they can miraculously come back and i tell you why?
because it is a game!!!

Jinkomaster said:
Angel said:

Raiden Died? I thought he just lost a batle. And then he helped the Deadly Alliance to form a new alliance to kill Onaga...Former Emperor of Out World...The Dragon King. Unless your saying he died when he did the Self-Destruct move. Well in that case, I'm sorry

On the last part, yes I was talking about Raiden's self destructing bit.

i have seen a movie that Ed Boon said that MK Kombatants never really "die"

however i cant see it again because for a unknown reason my comp cant read the video. Hope that help!

blablaman3 said:
i have seen a movie that Ed Boon said that MK Kombatants never really "die"

You didn't need to bump an old thread to state what's already been stated. The extremely well known line that "no one ever really dies in Mortal Kombat" has been spread about a thousand times across this board and even dropped a couple times in this very thread.

As far as I can tell, the following characters are dead (As of now):

Reptile
Shang Tsung
Quan Chi
Sektor
Rain
Stryker
Sheeva
Motoro
Kintaro
Mavado
Hsu Hao
Fujin
Kai
Reiko
Moloch & Drahmin
Onaga

& we all know the original Sub-Zero was killed by Scorpion and was ressurected as Noob Saibot.

Crazed Wiseman said:

Reptile
Shang Tsung
Quan Chi
Sektor
Rain
Stryker
Sheeva
Motoro
Kintaro
Mavado
Hsu Hao
Fujin
Kai
Reiko
Moloch & Drahmin
Onaga

& we all know the original Sub-Zero was killed by Scorpion and was ressurected as Noob Saibot.

You can add Sonya to that list well she dies in kanos ending in MK: DA

:roll: Endings are "what ifs". They only occur beyond the shadow of a doubt if that fighter actually wins the tournament, and Kano hasn't won any tournaments. It also hasn't plainly been stated in the storyline that Sonya is dead.

Nonetheless, it doesn't actually matter because every single character mentioned in this thread will return in the next game and therefore won't be dead.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
:roll: Endings are "what ifs". They only occur beyond the shadow of a doubt if that fighter actually wins the tournament, and Kano hasn't won any tournaments. It also hasn't plainly been stated in the storyline that Sonya is dead.

Nonetheless, it doesn't actually matter because every single character mentioned in this thread will return in the next game and therefore won't be dead.

Yea i know thats how the MK games have allways been with most of the endings for all the characters "Endings are "what ifs", Thats one thing that makes MK stand out from soul caliber and tekken

Baphomet said:
Crazed Wiseman said:

Reptile
Shang Tsung
Quan Chi
Sektor
Rain
Stryker
Sheeva
Motoro
Kintaro
Mavado
Hsu Hao
Fujin
Kai
Reiko
Moloch & Drahmin
Onaga

You can add Sonya to that list well she dies in kanos ending in MK: DA

also hotaru he died to in one of the mk:D endings.