SEGA Genesis Thread

No, in teh Sega version, when that CODES screen came up the code was A,B,A,C,A,B,B Then You'd get blood, then the cheat menu was D,U,L,L,A,R,D at the main menu. And image, I meant the SEGA version had a bunch of flaws compared to the Arcade.

Malitor Greymaulkin said:
Oh yeah.. heck of a lot better than those ports on MKD:SE and MAT2.

I loved MK1 on the Genesis, but come on, there's no way that conversion of the game is anywhere near the arcade emulations on MKD:SE and MAT2. How can a conversion running on less powerful hardware be better than the real thing?

Did anybody ever play the X-Men game on the Genesis? Not Clone Wars or Revenge of Arcade, but the completely different one before them. It had a level that you could only beat by pressing the console's reset button. It actually required logic as opposed to pure skill like the rest of the game. When I first heard about it, I thought it was the coolest idea ever. Must have caused players without access to walkthroughs a lot of heartburn though =/

You are right about that. Even old games like games of genesis, snes and all appeal to me. Graphics are great and all, but I could care less, as long as it is not like an E.T type of game if you know what I mean, lol.

omg i if u know how i like my genesis i put her in the middle betweem the xbox and the gamecube proudly and each and single game that i have is there hanged on the wall of my room i have like 50 or 60 games like after burner 2/mk1,2,3 and ultimate(my fvts)/who can forget street fighters/ninja gaiden the orijinal(i have the new ninja gaiden on xbox and i am ganna get the ninja gaiden black on xbox but the one of the sega is more i dunno how to say that)and who can forget xmans,sonics,loony toons,terminator judjment day,michal jackson moonwalk,batmans,supermans,robo cop and many more...i still evry sunday at monday at 6:00 pm no matter wat shine my genesis shine the games and put them back on the wall alphabeteclee and then play with it untill its 2 am and espacially wen me and my brother play one of the mortal kombats that will be rock

DeathcoreRyknow said:
I loved MK1 on the Genesis, but come on, there's no way that conversion of the game is anywhere near the arcade emulations on MKD:SE and MAT2. How can a conversion running on less powerful hardware be better than the real thing?

I've played the new ones on MKD:SE and MAT2.. they are missing stuff and they definantly don't play the same as the arcade. The Genesis one, even though it had poorer graphics and sounds, the arcade gameplay was intact.

The best ports that were ever done are on the PC.. the MK Duo that came out. It had both MK1 and MKII. Arcade quality sounds and graphics.. as long as you had a gamepad you had the exact arcade quality gameplay. I've got an adapter for my PS2 controller so it is great!

Malitor Greymaulkin said:
DeathcoreRyknow said:

I've played the new ones on MKD:SE and MAT2.. they are missing stuff and they definantly don't play the same as the arcade. The Genesis one, even though it had poorer graphics and sounds, the arcade gameplay was intact.
Are you sure? OK, whatever sinks your submarine...

Ok, Malitor has now officially lost his marbles.

Anyway, the Genesis was nowhere near as good a system as the SNES. It was, however, by far the best console Sega ever produced. I am not the sort of person that buys every system out there. After my SNES and Genesis, I didn't even buy another system until my PS2. And yet, I had bought the Genesis when I already had a SNES. That just says right there how great a system it was. I didn't buy nearly as many games for it as for the SNES, but that's largely because all the games I played that were available for both were better on SNES. Nonetheless, there were plenty of Genesis-exclusive games that were worth buying a Genesis for, such as the Sonic series, Toejam & Earl, and the only 16-bit port of "Pirates!" (as if any of you care about that one). Anyway, long live the Sega Genesis.

Oh, and for all of you whose systems aren't working... mine has been sitting and collecting dust for many long periods of time when I don't bother playing it, and it still works fine when I get the itch... so more than likely you did something to damage it. Learn to take care of your systems. Oh, and if I ever tell you to put food items into your system in order to unlock a character or something (like I frequently did on the old TRMK)... don't listen to me. I'm making it up. I was under the impression that everyone would figure that out. But apparently, you have to disclaim everything these days....

Love Cowboy said:
Oh, and if I ever tell you to put food items into your system in order to unlock a character or something (like I frequently did on the old TRMK)... don't listen to me. I'm making it up. I was under the impression that everyone would figure that out. But apparently, you have to disclaim everything these days....

Wait... you mean that banana you informed me to jam into my Intellivision... that was a trick? Then how the hell did I manage to unlock Noob Saibot in Deadly Alliance?

But yeah, the systems of those days were seriously built to last as long as you didn't regularly drop kick them or use them as frisbees. I still have two Genesis consoles and a 32X that work perfectly. In the fact, the only system I've ever owned that went belly-up was my... uh... Intellivision. *ahem*

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Love Cowboy said:
Oh, and if I ever tell you to put food items into your system in order to unlock a character or something (like I frequently did on the old TRMK)... don't listen to me. I'm making it up. I was under the impression that everyone would figure that out. But apparently, you have to disclaim everything these days....

Wait... you mean that banana you informed me to jam into my Intellivision... that was a trick? Then how the hell did I manage to unlock Noob Saibot in Deadly Alliance?

But yeah, the systems of those days were seriously built to last as long as you didn't regularly drop kick them or use them as frisbees. I still have two Genesis consoles and a 32X that work perfectly. In the fact, the only system I've ever owned that went belly-up was my... uh... Intellivision. *ahem*

hey... at least you got Noob