Fatalities, Were they a good idea?

Should They Have Made Fatalities?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Are you serious? Shit, how do you think most of the people here got drawn to Mortal Kombat to begin with? Along with digitized graphics, blood, and insane juggle combos, that's what defined the series. They weren't that hard to do in the original games, either, you just had to practice until you got the flow down. Personally, I can pull off classic fatalities like cake.

I too had trouble with the old fatalities, but Deathcore is right on the money. Besides the other obvious stuff, the fatalities were what drew crowds to MK and away from Street Fighter. :)

chrono_the_warrior said:
I personally think they're cool, but in the old games, they were freaking hard to do.

To quote Ed Boon (again), "Mortal Kombat wouldn't have been a big hit without the blood, gore, and extreme violence."

Not that i'm "4 g0r3". But yes, fatalitys and blood did seperate MK from the basic fighting game.

Fatalitys <3

Fatalities were part of the overall shock value of MK that got it attention. In MK1 it was great because the game itself wasn't that good, but the blood, gore, and fatalities kept people interested.

MK2 had a complete look so the fatalities were a smaller part of its popularity compared to the quality of graphics, sounds, backgrounds, and stories.

MK3 introduced people to top notch gameplay and Fatalities ended up in the back seat.

UMK3, they could have rereleased a championship version with netplay, noob playable, and no fatalities and it would have been great, because by that point it became about good gameplay.

OMFG! Y do U think I'm even here? MK sux without fatalitys! Well, I must admit, the story's pretty interesting, the fatalities are what keeps people drawn to MK, Ed Boon even used the phrase More Fatlties in the teaser for MK:D.

I would'nt buy any new mortal kombat game if they decided to can fatalities. I'm super upset when I hear that thier are only three fatalities per character. If thier were none per character id go crazy.

Whatta ignorant question...wow...Without fatalities MK would still be my favorite fighter but MAN thats what makes it MK. Yea the old ones were tough especially when u have to press up and the guy would always jump. Holdin block sometimes screwed it up. But once u do it enough their second nature. FATALITIES ROCK!

Fatalities owns. without them, Mortal Kombat would just be another generic fighter. This is MK trademark.

and yes, the fatalities in the 2-D games were hrd as hell especially Liu Kang's Arcade Drop and Ermac Telekinetic Slams. I never really master them.