Official Baseball Thread

There's no justice in this world if Matt Kemp doesn't start the All-Star game this year. Seriously, .330 average, 19 bombs, 55 RBIs, 14 stolen bases, plus gold glove-calibur defense and a gun for an arm.

It's not like the Dodgers have anything else going for them this year, at least give us that.

As usual, at this time of the season, my Blue Jays are below .500.

I don't get how they can usually beat the hard teams but get mauled by the easy teams.

There's no justice in this world if Matt Kemp doesn't start the All-Star game this year. Seriously, .330 average, 19 bombs, 55 RBIs, 14 stolen bases, plus gold glove-calibur defense and a gun for an arm.

It's not like the Dodgers have anything else going for them this year, at least give us that.

This is part of the reason I feel like the fan's voting aspect of the All-Star game should be limited. Let the guys with the best numbers get in first then fans can vote for their favorites to fill the other spots.

As usual, at this time of the season, my Blue Jays are below .500.

I don't get how they can usually beat the hard teams but get mauled by the easy teams.

I feel your pain Jade. Their farm system has been dry since the mid 90s and their pitching staff sans Roy Halladay has been less than mediocre. Also, lets not take away from the fact that they're arguably in the toughest division in baseball. Other than Tampa Bay's resurgence the standings in that division have been largely unchanged for the last decade or so. Since they can't compete money wise with the Sox or the Yanks, they need to resort to better drafting similarly to what the Nats are doing now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to see my Astros today. Hopefully the game will at least be entertaining. After all those years of being mostly decently good, it looks like they're back to their early-90's suck mode. Hopefully it won't take TOO long to get back.

EDIT: Nope they sucked

Last edited:
Cubs blew it once again, taking a 3 run lead and letting the bullpen squander it away. Seriously, we are probably the worst team in the majors right now.

I went to a baseball game yesterday to watch the San Diego Padres vs the KC Royals, anyways before the game started some guy made a pitch which was pretty cool so i thought i'd share it with you guys.

Kai MK4?

Oh snap, Ortiz and Kevin Gregg were throwing out punches, though none connected haha

David Ortiz :6'4
Kevin Gregg :6'6

All of a sudden the Orioles vs Red Sox series seems a lot more interesting to me...

Jeter getting over 3,000 hits today was a pretty cool feat; seeing all the major news channels feature it was kinda surprising though, but then again he does play for the Yankees :laugh:

Also, getting 3,000 with a HR is pretty epic.

Even though I'm a Sox fan, I've always liked the way Jeter carried himself as a true professional. HOF material for sure.

It actually was worse than that, Rangers OF Josh Hamilton was flipping a ball to a father of a little kid who wanted a ball and that was the guy who fell. Not only did he land near the bullpen where pitchers from the Oakland Athletics were standing, the kid saw his dad fall to his death in front of him. Just terribly sad all around.

What makes it worse, if that's even possible, is Josh Hamilton is a recovering drug/alcohol addict who beat the odds and made the majors after going clean. Anyone would be wracked with guilt over something like this, I hope it doesn't make him fall off the wagon.

Brian Wilson and his beard are awesome (had to plug that in first :))

Roger Clemens gets lucky and gets a mistrial; the prosecutors messed up bigtime lol; I wonder how the MLB suits feel about that?