Official Baseball Thread

how about the Blue Jays llol thats my favorite team then my home team the BoSox so those are my favourites wheather there winners or losers. But the yankees every one loves the yankees. I mean jeeze. Its always easy to be a yankee fan Than a blue jay or a Red sox fan. And if i had to pic a third it would be the reds. But never the yankees its to easy to be a fan of them. :!:

ScorpZero said:
undertaker3x7 said:
ScorpZero said:
undertaker3x7 said:
My favorite teams are in this order

1) Seattle Mariners (by far my favorite team)
2) Chicago White Sox
3) Cincinnati Reds

The team I hate the most is the Yankees. I hate them more than any other team in professional sports. Only sports team I hate even almost as much is the Patriots.

Maybe the reason you hate them so much is because they are the best! :lol:

Nope. Maybe the reason I hate them so much is cuz they cheat to win. There should be a salary cap in baseball and the fact the Yankees want to buy a championship instead of earning it through team chemistry like the White Sox is dispicable.

And the Yankees havent earned their 26 championships.
Just because they have more money than other teams doesnt mean they dont earn their championships.

Nope, buying a championship isnt earning it. They are the worst sports team in professional sports and represent everything thats wrong with pro sports.

Yeah I totally agree with Undertaker right there because he's right buying isnt earning and thats why i said Its easist to be a yankees fan. You can buy your championships but no one earned them like the redsox two years ago. how about this to the yankees are the quote unquote "the best team" but yet they cant handle the tampa bay devil rays the worst MLB team. So Go BLUE JAYS and BOSOX llol

I can understand that some people may not like the yankees everyone has there own opinion but you can not say that they are not the best, there stats has always proved that.

I was brought up in a Yankee household, so blame it on my upbringing, but I love the Yankees too. Now, I have here a snappy comeback for you two, Undertaker and Snikalz (wtf?):

You know how Baseball is America's pass-time? Well, how do we get anywhere in America? Money. So stop complaining about sports teams with more money and complain about corrupt politicians buying their way into office.

Funny how the Yankees havn't won any championships the past few years. I would think they would win every single one since they "buy" championships and "cheat" to win. Thanks but no thanks.

The Yankees have a great deal of money. They spend it. So does Boston. So does Houston. So does the Mets. So do plenty of other larger city teams in many professional sports. If you have the money, spend it. Only problem is paying people large sums of money doesn't "buy" yourself anything. The Yankees have proven that lately as have the Mets AND the Knicks over a long period of time. Look at the Knicks. If they were as good as the Yankees everyone would say "oh they just buy their championships" since the team spends by far more money than any other NBA team. Problem is they don't win. They are one of the worst teams and have been so since Patrick Ewing left. Why is that? I chalk it up to bad management and bad ownership. The Yankees would be in the same position as the Knicks had they had such bad management ... but they don't. They have good managers and a good GM. That's why they remain good. They know how to spend their money. Teams like the Knicks don't.

Besides. Spending lots of money really doesn't prove anything. Especially in baseball. The White Sox just proved that. I think you could make the Yankees buy championships if they won every single year ... but they don't. Not even close.

On to topic. My favorite MLB teams;

1) New York Yankees; Overall my favorite because of A-Rod and Matsui. I hate their pitching staff though. Michael Kay is also awesome. SEE YA!

2) Oakland A's; This team jumped up in my rankings this past season after watching plenty of games and sky rocketed into my second favorite spot with the pick ups of Milton Bradley and my favorite baseball player ever, The Big Hurt Frank Thomas. Frank will own people this year if he can keep his ass healty. Watch.

3) Chicago White Sox; This was the first team I really watched when I was a kid - and as Frank Thomas is my favorite player - the team makes sense for me to like. I am very familiar with their entire line up and I watch a ton of games. Very glad they won the World Series and im happy they picked up Thome. Lastly, they have one of the best announcers in baseball, Ken Harrelson. No one has a better catch phrase in any sport. "HE LOOKS UP! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARRRRRD! YES!"

I also like the Mets on occasion, the Dodgers, and I used to like Seattle until the past season or two. Richie Sexson isn't my cup of tea and Adrian Beltre ... please. The guy had one good season and a load of below average ones. They also need a huge pitching lift. And Carl Everett isn't gonna help much considering he is just another .250 hitter who needs a few guys on base to do damage - and we all know the Mariners have a ton of trouble getting guys on base since 90% of their line up sucks.

El Chupacabra said:
Funny how the Yankees havn't won any championships the past few years. I would think they would win every single one since they "buy" championships and "cheat" to win. Thanks but no thanks.

The Yankees have a great deal of money. They spend it. So does Boston. So does Houston. So does the Mets. So do plenty of other larger city teams in many professional sports. If you have the money, spend it. Only problem is paying people large sums of money doesn't "buy" yourself anything. The Yankees have proven that lately as have the Mets AND the Knicks over a long period of time. Look at the Knicks. If they were as good as the Yankees everyone would say "oh they just buy their championships" since the team spends by far more money than any other NBA team. Problem is they don't win. They are one of the worst teams and have been so since Patrick Ewing left. Why is that? I chalk it up to bad management and bad ownership. The Yankees would be in the same position as the Knicks had they had such bad management ... but they don't. They have good managers and a good GM. That's why they remain good. They know how to spend their money. Teams like the Knicks don't.

Besides. Spending lots of money really doesn't prove anything. Especially in baseball. The White Sox just proved that. I think you could make the Yankees buy championships if they won every single year ... but they don't. Not even close.

On to topic. My favorite MLB teams;

1) New York Yankees; Overall my favorite because of A-Rod and Matsui. I hate their pitching staff though. Michael Kay is also awesome. SEE YA!

2) Oakland A's; This team jumped up in my rankings this past season after watching plenty of games and sky rocketed into my second favorite spot with the pick ups of Milton Bradley and my favorite baseball player ever, The Big Hurt Frank Thomas. Frank will own people this year if he can keep his ass healty. Watch.

3) Chicago White Sox; This was the first team I really watched when I was a kid - and as Frank Thomas is my favorite player - the team makes sense for me to like. I am very familiar with their entire line up and I watch a ton of games. Very glad they won the World Series and im happy they picked up Thome. Lastly, they have one of the best announcers in baseball, Ken Harrelson. No one has a better catch phrase in any sport. "HE LOOKS UP! YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARRRRRD! YES!"

I also like the Mets on occasion, the Dodgers, and I used to like Seattle until the past season or two. Richie Sexson isn't my cup of tea and Adrian Beltre ... please. The guy had one good season and a load of below average ones. They also need a huge pitching lift. And Carl Everett isn't gonna help much considering he is just another .250 hitter who needs a few guys on base to do damage - and we all know the Mariners have a ton of trouble getting guys on base since 90% of their line up sucks.

thank you so much.. someone gets it

Here are the rosters for Team U.S.A.

Pitchers
Roger Clemens
Chad Cordero
Brian Fuentes
Todd Jones
Al Leiter
Brad Lidge
Gary Majewski
Joe Nathan
Jake Peavy
Scot Shields
Huston Street
Mike Timlin
Dan Wheeler
Dontrelle Willis

Infielders
Derek Jeter
Chipper Jones
Derrek Lee
Alex Rodriguez
Mark Teixeira
Chase Utley
Michael Young

Outfielders
Johnny Damon
Jeff Francoeur
Ken Griffey Jr.
Matt Holliday
Vernon Wells
Randy Winn

Catchers
Michael Barrett
Brian Schneider
Jason Varitek

Well look who's out of the Champions League!

Rangers despite a brave effort went out of the Champions League last night, along with Chelsea.

Never mind IK you'll just have to face up to the fact that Rangers will forever be in Liverpools shadow. Same goes for those losers Chelsea.

Good luck tonight Liverpool you can do it! :D

RANGERS WERE ROBBED!!!! we should have gone through. Once liverpool get knocked out tonite i'll be much happier though and as for being in liverpools shadows, how many points are chelsea ahead of liverpool in the league again?

NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!! Liverpool have been knocked out of the champions league by benfica. And can i just say rangers drew 3-3 and only went out on the away goals rule, but liverpool got absoloutley smashed 3-0, losing 2-0 at their own stadium ha ha ha. Well spinerip, you created this post and now its came back to bite you. Your Liverpool boys took one hell of a Beating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lfcsig.jpg

You'll Never Walk Alone!

Yankees....PFFFT. They're poof that the biggest payroll still can't buy you a World Series.

Jade loves the BLUE JAYS. We're gonna be awesome this year. Lots of nice off season moves.

I agree with Jade. I also like the Blue Jays and I think it's there season to win it.

They may of had some bad seasons lately but this time I think they can go all the way.

I did buy a Yankees shirt when I was in New York for Wrestlemania XX.
It's got Rodriguez on the back (whoever he is?) and the number 13 (same as my birthday).
I love the shirt it cost me $80 but I know nothing about baseball. :lol:

Hey yeah, Baseball?

Alright a couple of things.

First off, I noticed these forums are strict and don't tolerate mistakes, so if a very similar thread to this has taken place, my bad.

Well all I've really seen in this forum is wreslting topics and what not, so I figured we should talk about a REAL sport (no offense)

Baseball opens tomorrow (well, tonight) and I really can't see anyone else in the World Series besides the likes of The Mets, Red Sox, or Yankees. Although the Marlins last year were the Mets of this year, yet had the exact same record and didn't go anywhere.

I think it's all about true teamwork and luck.

But I'm going with the Yanks or Sox here.. I mean c'mon what else is new?

Oh thats right, the White Sox. Ahh we'll see.

Whats everyones favorite teams and predictions?