Shao Kahn

The hardest version of Kahn is the UMK3 version 1.2 on the hardest setting

Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Shao Kahn

Quote Originally Posted by juergen
    Yeah, where you can duck, get hit, run in, combo, and win every time. Don't bother playing the computer. There is no such thing as a hard version of MK3 or UMK3 as far as the computer is concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dreemer, you are a God among insects...don't let anyone ever tell you different.
    www.ultimatemk.com - your source for UMK3 competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DreemerNJ
    Yeah, where you can duck, get hit, run in, combo, and win every time. Don't bother playing the computer. There is no such thing as a hard version of MK3 or UMK3 as far as the computer is concerned.
    you gotta show me a video or something, because when i get hit and try to do the run in he blocks

Hollywood Superstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

must....resist.....urge......to.......flame!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

see that's funny because in my version

he shoots fireballs, shadow charges, and just punches you. You can't duck a punch.

My setting is on 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow whoever that is playing in the CVS2 videos are noobs...

Come on...no parry and what about combos, cross ups??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is incredibly off topic, but that was when the game first came out, and I was only using C-Blanka, not exactly a combo character. The other guy was using Gief, again, not a combo character. The round with Ryu and Ken I'm not sure why he picked P groove, in any event, we are not noobs, the Prophet is a well versed fighting game player and excels in all he participates in.

Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

see that's funny because in my version

he shoots fireballs, shadow charges, and just punches you. You can't duck a punch.

My setting is on 5
    So, you get a cookie if you beat him or something?

You have to understand The Computers Is Never Really Difficult. There is always a preset, repetative, easy way to beat it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone who complains about the AI being difficult tries to fight against it like it can outplay it. That's not possible. You can outthink AI, not outplay it. You have to come to terms with the fact that the AI in MK wasn't designed that way. It's likea buffer to practice specials and combos against while you're waiting for someone to play against you. There were many a day way back when where I would be standing there, playing against the CPU after beating someone, and no one else ever came.

Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

on the CVS2 topic i'll take the "noob" back.

Also, I don't know why Midway pulled out of the arcades since MKD could have drawn lines to the arcades.

Hollywood Superstar TeddyBluegrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, i think it would have been rather hard to style branch without a console controller...and the fact that i would steal a MKD machine in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it's actually easier. i got an X-arcade joystick

Xbox Live
    SinisterCanuck
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also, I don't know why Midway pulled out of the arcades since MKD could have drawn lines to the arcades.
    The reason is because in North America, arcades are almost at death's door. I have been around many arcades and most of them are dead and closed up for good.

For Shao Kahn its easy to beat him. The thing about him is that he'll do stupid things like that flying knee all of the time which gives you a chance to uppercut him. Also, he tends to laugh and taunt a lot leaving himself open for a good combo. The final thing is if you want to beat him the cheap way, trap him in a corner and keep uppercuting him, almost all of the time he wont block from them.

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Genocide316
    My AMVs on Youtube. New one coming soon...

Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

on the CVS2 topic i'll take the "noob" back.

And maybe if they had released it for the arcade they would have bothered to finish the gameplay since then people might have wanted to get serious about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

By finishing the gameplay you mean completely redoing it right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Commander

The reason is because in North America, arcades are almost at death's door. I have been around many arcades and most of them are dead and closed up for good.

For Shao Kahn its easy to beat him. The thing about him is that he'll do stupid things like that flying knee all of the time which gives you a chance to uppercut him. Also, he tends to laugh and taunt a lot leaving himself open for a good combo. The final thing is if you want to beat him the cheap way, trap him in a corner and keep uppercuting him, almost all of the time he wont block from them.
    Arcades aren't dead. If they were then why is there so much comp in capcom and namco fighters. What about racing games like Need For Speed GT, thatone Anime Racer Initial D.

The fact is that the arcades in small towns went out of business due to lack of interest. How else do you think the anual Evolution tournament could take place? If arcades were dead then there would be no Evo since 90% of the people at Evo play at arcades rather than at home for competition. I should know. I'm one of the arcade addicts. The Street Fighter scene is hot in California and Hawaii and the North East. I.E. New York.

As for the Shao Kahn thing....He never taunts. He will only laugh if he hits you with the hammer and you can't do anything anyways cause you're dizzy.

Xbox Live
    SinisterCanuck
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shao Kahn does laugh and taunt even when he hasn't hit me with the hammer. I think you haven't faced him much have you Juergen?

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Genocide316
    My AMVs on Youtube. New one coming soon...

Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Commander

Arcades aren't dead. If they were then why is there so much comp in capcom and namco fighters. What about racing games like Need For Speed GT, thatone Anime Racer Initial D.

The fact is that the arcades in small towns went out of business due to lack of interest. How else do you think the anual Evolution tournament could take place? If arcades were dead then there would be no Evo since 90% of the people at Evo play at arcades rather than at home for competition. I should know. I'm one of the arcade addicts. The Street Fighter scene is hot in California and Hawaii and the North East. I.E. New York.

As for the Shao Kahn thing....He never taunts. He will only laugh if he hits you with the hammer and you can't do anything anyways cause you're dizzy.
    Arcades are dead. Tons have closed up and tons of the remaining ones only attract crowds for special events or in small numbers for games with big fan followings. I stop into the arcades I can, but unless its a special night, there are a handful of people at most. Its truly sad. Once upon a time every arcade was packed practically all the time. But, that time is long gone now.

And yes, he taunts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information