Official Xbox 360 Thread

Here is a post I found over at Mortal Kombat Australia that I would want to share to you
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scorpion The Ninja said:
Heres a list of games that might be released around launch time of the 360. This list comes from Gamespot.

Alan Wake
Developer: Remedy
Publisher: n/a

The maker of the Max Payne series will be bringing this game to the Xbox 360. The screenshots and first trailer show a quiet, eerily idyllic setting in a heavily forested area near the coast.

Blue Dragon
Developer: Mistwalker

Hironobu Sakaguchi and other ex-Square developers are hard at work on a role-playing game for the Xbox 360. Character design will be done by noted illustrator Akira Toriyama. The two previously collaborated on the classic SNES RPG Chrono Trigger, which bodes well for Blue Dragon.

Call of Duty 2
Developer: Infinity Ward
Publisher: Activision

It hasn't been officially announced on the Xbox 360, but sharp-eyed GameSpot editors spied this World War II shooter at the taping of the Xbox 360 premiere event. The PC version of the game will follow the storylines of four different soldiers, as well as offer squad-based combat.

Condemned
Developer: Monolith
Publisher: Sega

This survival horror game from Sega and Monolith will follow Ethan Thomas, an FBI agent in the Serial Crimes Unit (SCU), which is a team of G-men dedicated to tracking down serial killers, Clarice Starling-style. While playing as Thomas, gamers must navigate "urban environments filled with deadly sociopaths who lurk on the periphery of humanity," according to Sega. Sign us up.

Dark Sector
Developer: Digital Extremes

Dark corridors abound in early media of Dark Sector
This first-person sci-fi action game is being developed by the same folks that brought you Unreal Championship and Unreal Tournament 2003. The first trailer shows a stealthy alien skulking his way through the halls of a human base or ship.

The Darkness
Developer: Starbreeze Studios.
Publisher: Majesco Games

The developer of the surprise hit, The Chronicles of Riddick, are hard at work on a new action game, which is adapted from a comic book of the same name. Players will take the role of a Mafia hitman named Jackie Estacado who is possessed by strange, mystical powers.

Demonik
Developer: Terminal Reality
Publisher: Majesco Games

Noted horror author Clive Barker teams up with the makers of Bloodrayne to produce this game, which will be based on a horror movie. If the storyline is as compelling as Undying, Barker's last foray into games, then Xbox 360 players should be in for a treat.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Developer: Bethesda Softworks
Publisher: 2K Games

The creator of the monstrously epic Daggerfall and Morrowind role-playing games will bring the next iteration in the Elder Scrolls series, Oblivion, to the Xbox 360. The game promises to offer the same open-ended style of gameplay and story advancement as its predecessors.

Full Auto

Developer: Sega
Publisher: Sega

This car combat game hearkens to The Road Warrior and other car combat films and games. Pick a car and outfit it with machine guns, cannons, and other weapons before driving it to battle in the streets of a city called Staunton. Xbox Live support means you can shoot up your friends and their rides too.

Gears of War
Developer: Epic Games
Publisher: MS Game Studios

Probably the most impressive-looking of the first batch of titles revealed for the Xbox 360, Epic Games' Gears of War looks like it's going to be a hard-hitting sci-fi-themed tactical shooter. Featuring a behind-the-back, third-person perspective and an impressive level of detail in the characters and environments, Gears of War has blockbuster sci-fi hit written all over it. We wonder how it'll actually play, though.

Ghost Recon 3
Developer: Ubisoft
Publisher: Ubisoft

If the previous games in the series are any indication, players will lead a team of highly trained and heavily armed special forces units through intense tactical battles in Ubisoft's upcoming shooter.

Kameo: Elements of Power
Developer: Rare, Ltd.
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Originally slated for release on the Xbox, Rare's platformer will instead debut on the Xbox 360. The titular heroine of the game has the ability to magically transform into different monsters, giving her specialized powers to fight off the evil trolls that have invaded her land.

Madden NFL 06
Developer: EA Tiburon
Publisher: EA Sports

This isn't actual in-game footage, but Michael Strahan still looks scary.
An action-packed trailer for the next-generation of Madden NFL games aired on ESPN during the NFL Draft a few weeks ago. The videos and screenshots taken from that trailer are not actual in-game footage, but they should give us a good idea of what to expect from the game as far as camera angles, special effects, and graphical fidelity go.

NBA 2K6
Developer: Visual Concepts
Publisher: 2K Sports

Stunningly realistic visuals demonstrate set our expectations high for the next installment in Visual Concepts' acclaimed basketball series, coming to the Xbox 360.

Need for Speed Most Wanted
Developer: Electronic Arts
Publisher: Electronic Arts

EA's hugely successful street racing series is coming to the Xbox 360, complete with some high-speed, dangerous police chases this time around.

Perfect Dark Zero
Developer: Rare, Ltd.
Publisher: MS Game Studios

Perfect Dark Zero is the sequel to the classic Rare shooter from the Nintendo64. Details on the game were spilled by a clan of female professional gamers, whose members revealed that the game would include spy gadgets and jetpack-like devices.

Project Gotham Racing 3
Developer: MS Game Studios
Publisher: Bizarre Creations

The beloved Xbox racing franchise is officially headed to the Xbox 360. Kudos to whoever made that decision. We can't wait to see how it turns out.

Quake 4
Developer: Raven Software

Like Call of Duty 2, Quake 4 hasn't been specifically announced for the Xbox 360 yet. But the Raven-developed sequel to id Software's classic shooter series was spotted in trailer form at the taping of MTV's Xbox 360 premiere show.

Saint's Row

Developer: THQ
Publisher: THQ

THQ is developing a GTA-style action game for the Xbox 360.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
Developer: EA Sports
Publisher: EA Sports

We're almost frightened to think about how realistic Tiger Woods is going to look in the first Xbox 360 installment in his highly acclaimed golf sim series.

Tomb Raider: Legend
Developer: Crystal Dynamics
Publisher: Eidos Interactive

Lara Croft is back, but you probably already knew that just from hearing the collective swoon of prepubescent boys. In her latest adventure, she'll be platforming through various settings, such as an office building, a mineshaft, and (what else?) a medieval tomb. Also look for her to wield her signature guns akimbo, as well as a rocket launcher.

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Developer: Neversoft

American Wasteland will set the Tony Hawk series in one gigantic Los Angeles, free from loading times. The game will also feature BMX biking and online play via Xbox Live.

I just got the EGM and I will tell you guys every game in the list for XBOX 360
Too Human
99 Nights
Need for Speed:Most Wanted
Peter Jackson's King Kong
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 3
Quake 4
Call of Duty 2
Condemned:Criminal Origins
The Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion
Kameo:Elements of Power
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Madden NFL 2006
Tiger Woods:pGA Tour 2006
NBA Live 2006
NBA 2K6
Top Spin 2K6

Games Avialable at Launch:

Dead or Alive 4
Gears of War
Project Gotham Racing 3

Games in the Works:

Amped 3
The Darkness
Dark Sector
Duke Nukem Forever
Fable 2
Forza Motorsport 2
The Godfather
Scarface
Splinter Cell 4
Stranglehold
Taxi Driver
Tomb Raider Legend
Unreal Championship 2007

Rumored Games

Halo 3
Indiana Jones
Mercenaries 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
True Fantasy Live Online

I don't hate splinter cell because I haven't played any of them. I'm a big MGS follower and I'm never really a "Fan" of everything.
But I'd like to try.

BTW, did you guys saw the MGS4 trailer where Snake mocks Sam Fisher? :lol:

By looking at a comparison on Ign.com The xbox 360 is still more powerfull than the PS3 and obvously the Nintendo Revolution. They beat PS2 in almost all of the spec comparisons. Did you see the clips for the PS3 games like Killzone, they said its real time. Killzone looked better than gears of war graphics. So people came to believe including myself that the PS3 had better specs. Something else to consider is that the games shown on the 360 were said to only be using I think a third of its actuall power.(I might be wrong on the third but I know its something like that). The games like Full Auto running at one third of the power looked a ton better than anything Xbox could make. So imagine the final games using all of Xbox 360's power.

Games I'm most exicited about: Gears of War, Halo 3, Condemened.

I think all just have to get Xbox 360 and PS3 and Nintendo Revolution. I can't just settle for one. I probably will wait a year to get Xbox 360 cause then the games hopefully will go down in price a little and better games will be coming out like Halo 3 when PS3 launches.

While on the subject of xbox360....

Gamespot.com reported said:
Late Sunday night a forum user on Gamespot.com posted a few images of himself playing Halo 2 on a (test) Xbox 360 and spilled some beans on the console.

After he realized what he had done the images were removed from where they were hosted and the user tried to clean up what he had done. But if you know anything about the Internet, leaks such as this can spread extremely fast through the internet. Below are a few images and direct quotes from the user.

" my step dad works here in seattle for xbox hes the forgein tester guy. He had a trip to mexico to test the new xbox so he had to bring it home and he let me play it. There arnt any xbox360 games yet i guess so all i got to play was halo 2. but all the test stuff was on there like dolphin and light shadow stuff, Oh and the XBOX dashboard . I uesto hATE xbox purley a PS fan. but WOW new xbox has some COol stuff. First i tried dolphin witch doesnt have liek GOOD grapics or anything its just a frame test and the xbox was geting 3000+ frames witch was pretty stuinning for me. and the Xbox dashboard is amazing im not aloud to tell everything about it but WOW theres soo much crap on the xbox and some of it is sooO miscelanius. theres xbox arcade were u can Dl like arcade games and crap and u can stream music from ur PC to ur xbox and tons and tons and tons of other crap. I just thought id post about it, ps3 is definatly guna have some compitition. IM SURE all of u have probably read stuff like this on sites but OH one more thing im not supposed tell this, but the power supply conecter thing for the xbox, lets just say its not COMPACT, witch might be why u havnt seen it in any pics. thats all for now post some feedback " - Elmojesus – Gamespot Forums

gs2360.jpg

As for the power supply not being compact, our best guess is that Microsoft has moved the power supply unit (usually found inside of a computer or console) and moved it into the power cord to save room inside of the Xbox 360 case. But then again, since it is obvious that he was not playing with the retail version, anything could change.

After a few posts of non-believes the kid then went on and posted images of his step-dad's business card and some sort of Microsoft security card.

Microsoft is aware of the issue but hasn't done anything or announced anything due to the fact that it is Sunday night / Monday morning. Here are two quotes from a Microsoft employee on the Team Xbox Forums:

"The images are real." – Bender - TXB Forums
"it is pretty entertaining Smile Should be an interesting Monday for the legal team at Microsoft." – Bender - TXB Forums

gs23602.jpg

Here is another quote from the user on the Gamespot forums:

“kk just saw the new posts, u guys post fast. ya its Not partiularly heavy, theres alot of starange colored lights in it liek blue and amber, and i SWERE theres a button on the front that when u push it, all that happens is green lights light up around the power button. im SURE the button does something but i couldnt get it to do anything and just incase ur wondering the little thing on the floor next to the tv in the last pictures is the wirless network bridge for xbox live , and its the ONLY one you can use for the xbox, my step dad said there are preloaded drivers for it on the xbox so u cant use a differnt one. and im pretty sure that means its guna REALY expensive too.” - Elmojesus - Gamespot Forums

gs23603.jpg

… and another quote:

“sorry.. i only had it for 1 night about a week ago. i didnt take any more pics just a few. i dont rember to much about the dashboard al i really rember is the streaming music from u computer thing. and in live i think there was thing for freinds and stuff and u can create ur own profile i think. and then in arcade there were soem cheesy arcade games, i wasnt aloud to copy anything to the HD, but in my pik its the thing on the top and its detactchable, thers also a tab called system in xbox dashboard with a hole bunch of system settings, i cant rember what they were they wernt liek grpahics settings or anything though. uhhh i rember it got 3000+ frames on dolphin witch was pretty cool. OH OH OH and thers a loading screen, and theres Xbox.defualt or seomthing like that cus its compatible with old xbox games (obviusly) but its like a system in a system u load it from the xbox xcreen and then instead of the xbox 360 logo poping up it liek goes blak and changes to the old xbox logo. and maybe it was just hopefull wishing but the grpahics in halo 2 SEEMED better to me, idk if they actually were cus maybe i was imagining things, but to me they looked better(not extremly) better geomatry, more smooth, stuff like that” - Elmojesus - Gamespot Forums

http://www.xboxcore.com/news/707.html
Microsofts lawyers are gonna have a field day with this one
Wonder if M$ wil sack the kids dad or maybe sue him,though some are saying its another publicity stunt Confused

Ohhh M$ are gonna go mad when they see this :p

That right there is some funny shit :lol:

Who knows? Maybe M$ will send a couple of muscles to go take care of them, like they did when he bought out Homer's computer business thingy (been awhile since I've seen that one).

Yeah! Just send a few IQ 70 Goons to gi beat the shit out of that kid. LOL! The XBOX 360 will have interchangeable faceplates, like a cell phone. Some of them are really gay. One of them is ALL red, and in lowercase letters, reads "console" Another one looks like friggin Hardwood! The other one are nice, I suppose.

Disappointed said:
Maybe M$ will send a couple of muscles to go take care of them, like they did when he bought out Homer's computer business thingy (been awhile since I've seen that one).

What a damn shame that was; Compuglobalhypermeganet had limitless possibilities.

FPSfan1234 said:
Yeah! Just send a few IQ 70 Goons to gi beat the shit out of that kid. LOL! The XBOX 360 will have interchangeable faceplates, like a cell phone. Some of them are really gay. One of them is ALL red, and in lowercase letters, reads "console" Another one looks like friggin Hardwood! The other one are nice, I suppose.

the "console" and the wood efect one's look nice (wouldent get them myself but each to thair own eh)...you can also paint your own design on it to hmmmm the posabilities

if you look on the first pic that Masta-Dante posted it dosent look like the console is turned on(maybee you just cant see the green light on the photo)

It is turned on but you cant see the light in the picture.....

I wonder if his step-dad got fired, if he did i would expect him to give him an ass-kicking! :twisted:

ive just noticed that poor kids got no furniture..........well who'd give a sh1t if you had a 360 right? :)

Man that's funny about that kid. You know he wanted some bragging rights but man, his dad could get into some shiz with leakage like that. Well might not matter to much since E3 already showed what it looked like. My EBgames store already starting pre-orders and will be a 299.96 price point. 50 dollars down. Global Release date of Nov 1 2005 is what they told me and so far, EBgames hasn't let me down so we will see. I know I will probably get the new Dead or Alive for it. There was another game that looked awesome on it but I don't remember what it was. Oh well

o my god did u saw the games that r coming on xbox 360 its ganna make my head going 360 the ninja gaiden 2 wow if the 1 was the blast andninja gaiden black isnt there yet but i saw the screenshots and wow and xbox 360 is ganna kick ps3's ass coz there is 360 and 3 u do the math(360 is a bigger number than 3 duuuuuuuuh)

Um ok guys. Gamespot.com has info on the packages and pricing of the XBOX 360. Check it out. Ebgames told me (since my pre-order for one is there) that their pre-orders are all for the 400 price point. This system will rock