Official Soccer (football) Thread

Darth Sadistic

BANALITY
YES!!!!! We did it we are in the final of the the Champions League and we knocked out the Chelsea Scum bags who tried to buy the title.
Good luck in the finals boys we are going to need it! But you CAN do it!

that was a long 6 mins at the end though my hands where actualy shaking.....we got there though...just

well played Liverpool. I thought they had no chance after being 3 - 0 down. But they kept their heads up and kept pushing forward.

RIPLIUKANG said:
Congrats to your Liverpool Football Club, Spine Rip.

what about me (never mind)

i was gonna take my sons to town after work today to see the trophy come home but one of them is ill...glad i never went tho theres half a million poeple there+the fans from anfield are following the bus

Hell yeah he'll stay. He wanted to win trophies and we just won the biggest of them all. How can he leave now if he's a true scouser. :D

Chelsea tried to get him last year and failed even when we hadn't won anything so why would he go now?
There is no way he will go to Real Madrid look at what happened to Michael Owen he's gonna be back in the Premiership next season, possibly with Liverpool.

Spine Rip said:
Chelsea tried to get him last year and failed even when we hadn't won anything so why would he go now?
There is no way he will go to Real Madrid look at what happened to Michael Owen he's gonna be back in the Premiership next season, possibly with Liverpool.

the death threats against his family are the only things that kept him hear last season,i dont think he'll go now..he said after the game "its looking good"........owen coming back? i hope not,ill never forgive him he only left to "win medals" so he went to a club where he thought he would win some instead of trying to win some for us

I hear what your saying in regards to Owen but we need a proven striker that can handle the Premiership. If not Owen then how about Craig Bellamy? I think under the right management he would be a good signing.

P.S. I dont think the death threats Gerrard received had anything to do with his decision to stay. Footballers get death threats all of the time sadly, but nothing has ever come of them.

its well known in liverpool from people who know him and his family that these threats were very real and thay did make him stay,he's even said that

Well thats sad if it's true. It's not like Rio, Sol or Alan Smith didn't get any after their moves to different clubs. Unfortunately it's a part of football, and there are always going to be idiots like this sending death threats. I remember when Beckham got hundreds of death threats after getting sent of in World Cup 98 against Argentina. He didn't let it ruin his life and neither should Gerrard.

Anyway in the papers today it says that we might sign Aimar from Valencia, now that would be a hell of a signing.