Cyber ninjas! Who is the best?

Which ninja is the best?

• Cyrax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smoke

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
that may be the case, but you guys are talking gameplay wise. and one way or another scorpion is the original character. i wouldn't notice something like a combo or walking speed, on top of which i never choose human smoke anyway. i feel if i want to be scorpion... ill be scorpion

When you start getting into the differences between characters, why you would pick someone over another character, even if they seem similar, you have to talk about gameplay. If you don't notice that a certain character has better combos than another, and you continue to pick the lesser character, chances are you're going to lose, if you don't care about winning or losing, you're not playing the game for the game, you're playing for storybook purposes, which isn't the reason the game was made. If you play through and beat the game in the arcade with everyone just to see their endings, that's it, you won't play it anymore. They didn't make the game for that, they made it so you will continue to play, and play against people. That's why there's two joysticks and sets of buttons. I know there are people who just simply never got the chance to play against others due to player density, and that's unfortunate. The point is, even though Scorpion came first, Human Smoke (in UMK3) is more powerful, and the better choice if you want to win. If you still pick Scorpion because you think he's cooler, you're probably not going to beat anyone who is more than a casual player, and if that is the case, why play at all?

they tried to make h.smoke like the mk2 smoke with the faster walking, etc.
Also Noob in UMK3 had a faster walk and he dealt more damage, took less damage because of no special moves

back to MK2...I loved it when Smoke rushed you down if you tried to do the crouch, wait until CPU is within sweep distance, jump back, so that the CPU jumps forward and you juggle him with a combo. Smoke won't let you do that since he'll rush you and toss you

juergen said:
back to MK2...I loved it when Smoke rushed you down if you tried to do the crouch, wait until CPU is within sweep distance, jump back, so that the CPU jumps forward and you juggle him with a combo. Smoke won't let you do that since he'll rush you and toss you

How about you get back on topic?

Gotta go with Smoke. Ever seen I saw him in MK2 i felt instantly in love with him(in the most heterosexual way). In MK3 he was even more awesome. His fatalities were cool and he was the perfect replacement for Scorpion(before UMK3 came out). I'm glad his back in MKD.

Smoke hands down. I hated the cyborgs. The only reason I like Smoke is because he has an interesting back story. Out of three cyborgs, he seemed the most powerful and leader like.

I liked Sektor, because he had these cooll missiles, and I could do cool combos with him. He was fun to play as.

The yellow cyborg ninja is my fav. 8)

But then again... Yellow is just my fav. colour. Sad isn't it when you base your liking for a character on the colour of his uniform... XD'

Well as far as the back story sektor has the weakest, i mean we really know nuthin bout him cept he was in the Lin Kuei. But hes my favorite, cant beat them missles.

I like sektor. don know why, i just liked his character the best. but recently(i was in limbo for a few years if this is old news to you) i found a new reason. mmmmm... ketchup.....

Of course they were a dumb idea, but they had to fill up the roster somehow. And, (as Deathcore gracefully put it), even though people "had a hard-on for MK ninjas," there is such a thing as too many.