If you had a band what would you name it?

locustlx

I am starting a new band with my older brother and we need a good band name

Our band is basically a metal band but with a ska influence so picture this heavy lyrics with somewhat crazy drums with trumpets and flutes. If you want an idea of how weird it will sound just cross Sevendust with Jethro Tull and Catch 22 (but not as great).

The coolest thing about this is my brother is getting free drum lessons with my next-door neighbor Morgan Rose, the drummer from Sevendust, yes I said it I live next door to a rock star.

Well any ways we need a band name and the only thing that I could come up with was A Day's Chorus so any feedback would be very cool and wish us luck

or the i dunnos

or.........somthin cuz im not good at makin a name

that reminds me of somthin and it stupid

these idiots think they were kool so they made a gruop called sick unit

ill call that gay unit :D

i'll suggest these to the rest of the band and see if they like it but if you could, if you think of anything cool, for a band, post it here

Outside Looking In? Nah, that sounds like an album name.. hmm..

Emphasis
Prometheus
Ares
Midnight Tail
Evergreen
Polished
Perfume
Amoeba
Anvil
Love-Esque

If you like it, use it.

I will suggest but I can't make any promises oh and by the way I'll suggest Outside Looking In as our 1st album

Re: I Need Help!

locustlx said:
I am starting a new band with my older brother and we need a good band name

Our band is basically a metal band but with a ska influence so picture this heavy lyrics with somewhat crazy drums with trumpets and flutes. If you want an idea of how weird it will sound just cross Sevendust with Jethro Tull and Catch 22 (but not as great).

The coolest thing about this is my brother is getting free drum lessons with my next-door neighbor Morgan Rose, the drummer from Sevendust, yes I said it I live next door to a rock star.

Well any ways we need a band name and the only thing that I could come up with was A Day's Chorus so any feedback would be very cool and wish us luck

the golden finger

Lazy Locusts
Trim
The Mouse Police (Tull Reference)
Scruffy Bumpkins
Deep
Spit Cup
The Jrs

and thats about the extent of my creativeness for tonight

Prophet said:
Outside Looking In? Nah, that sounds like an album name.. hmm..

Emphasis
Prometheus
Ares
Midnight Tail
Evergreen
Polished
Perfume
Amoeba
Anvil
Love-Esque

If you like it, use it.
Anvil is already taken...Prometheus is cool though,it is the name to one of Emperor's greatest albums though...
I'm good at thinking of more power Metal sounding names rather than Melodic Death witch is what I've been focusing on recently.

I guess you could use Bloodbound but that seems a bit too heavy for the band's style.
it's the only name I came up with that I'm willing to rule out of my potential band names that I like.cuz all the other ones I came up with that I wrote down were too cool to share.

well although we haven't made a band name yet we do have a name for our first album which is the one Prophet told me about Outside Looking In

So to Prophet you have helped me enough so thanks a bunch and if I wasn't a guy I would hug you except I don't flow that way and I have a girlfriend and stop giving my ideas

*runs away while screaming*

Edit:Well it seems the rest of the band made a choice without me and my brother told me not to make any more suggestions for the band name although I don't know what it is yet I will inform you of our status so to any mods you can either lock this topic or you could change it to a new topic

Baraka dude said:
reminds me of somthin and it stupid

these idiots think they were kool so they made a gruop called sick unit

ill call that gay unit :D

really? that's what i called G-unit.

trust me, i've tried so many times, ska and metal don't mix. they are like 2 ends of a spectrum. you can mix ska and hip-hop, ska and punk, ska and hardcore, but i cant ever picture a way how metal comes into it.

i'm currently in a ska band called the Jetpack Pirates, but the only thing we have currently recorded is just me on bass, guitar and vocals and a midi track for horns and drums. We came up with the name on a random band name ganerator. if i find the link i'll post it. I was also in a punk/ska band called 5FD (5 Finger Discount), for 2 years, those guys are still goin strong and tourin the UK but i left to do my own thing. In 5FD we had a split album with another band called '5FD and Neighborhood Watch - Deadly Alliance'

well guess what I was cut from the band cause they found a better bass player than me but oh well I heard there first track they were starting and guess what it sucked worse than paris hilton so I am back on the forum with nothing to do now but listen to music and play video games, also if anyone was wondering they took my band name and changed the lettering so now their name is A Daze Chorus and prophet sorry for getting your hopes up so high but they are not using your album name