What mortal kombat game has been the best and worst?

Robot Commander said:
Uhh what about MKT? That was much better than UMK3. But the worst one would have to be MK4.

If MKT had gameplay as balanced and Tournament worth as UMK3 I would say it was the best. But, MKT does remain the best home console MK game.

This thread is messed up I think because there's no way it's been almost 7 months since I made that post about Dr. Mario, 2 at most.

TeddyBluegrass said:
Worst:bumping threads

Best: looking at the date

Yeah but someone made a new thread about this, and I directed them to this. Please excuse the major bumping of this thread.

I'd have to say that the best Mortal Kombat ever is the first one. The one that started it all. I have great memories of playing it on my Amiga. I thought that the fatality idea was 'class.' A whole new concept to fighting games!!!! Okay so each Mortal Kombat got better as it progressed through the years, but MK1 started it all and so then should be given the credit!
I'm sorry to say this as a HUGE MK fan, But I absolutely HATE MK3. Characters were boring, Arenas were boring. Who the fuck fights in a church anyway? Fatalities were shite and it just didn't have that special certain thing that I'm looking for in a Mortal Kombat game.
Here is list of the games in order. The most hated one is at the bottom: -

Mortal Kombat 1
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Mortal Kombat 4/Gold
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Mortal Kombat 3
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (what was the point in that?)