Wow.....yet another question

Masta-Dante

I was playing MK2 and i was playing as kitana......i completed it and i was shocked at the ending.... "Kitanas parents were actually the former rulers of outworld untill Shoa Kahn stole it from them" (ok not the exact same words) and i've been wondering Is Kitana the daughter of Onaga?

No. Shindel is her mother. And I can't remember her father's name. They were the rulers of Ediana (Don't crib if I've spelt that wrong!).

You just completed the end ing of MK2 for her? Where have you been while they've throw her background info at us all these years?

Well it was in my school..........Yes i just completed it with her since i thought i would have a go with her because i've not finished the game with her before.

Kitana's father is Jerod, who was killed by Khan when Kitana was young. Khan then took Sindel as his queen so he could over take Edenia and thats how it became Outworld

Lets not pick at the flaws in the storyline...
BTW Edenia and Outworld were fused together by Shao Kahn.
Edenia never Became Outworld.

He's dead...there's no way he could come back in a game because he died 10,000 years ago during the period of MK3.

Also remember, Kitana's ending in MK2 just like every other ending is a "What If?" Ending meaning what would happen to the guy if he beat whoever was the baddie at the time.

Robot Commander said:
He's dead...there's no way he could come back in a game because he died 10,000 years ago during the period of MK3.

Also remember, Kitana's ending in MK2 just like every other ending is a "What If?" Ending meaning what would happen to the guy if he beat whoever was the baddie at the time.

Kitana was already 10,000 years old during MK3 and Jerod died when she was just a baby, which is why she does not know her true past in MK2. So Jerod died rought 10,000 years before MK3.

Robot Commander said:

dude... mk3 was like 10 years ago at most. seein as mk1 was set roughly in 1990, and deception is set in present day

Goraka said:
dude... mk3 was like 10 years ago at most. seein as mk1 was set roughly in 1990, and deception is set in present day

I don't think you can exactly compare the time that passes in the real world to the time that passes in the MK series, they're just different. The "time" in MK hardly stays consistent within itself, let alone runs concurrent with our nonfiction world.

Aren't there stages in MK3 that are set in present day? The Subway, all the street stages, the bank, the skyscraper one?

Sub-Zero said:
Aren't there stages in MK3 that are set in present day? The Subway, all the street stages, the bank, the skyscraper one?

Yeah, they're relatively set in present day, but I'm just saying that we shouldn't put too much into the timeline of MK running parallel with our "real" time. For instance, compare those stages of MK3 to Earthrealm in Konquest mode of MKD. Not real consistent.

DeathcoreRyknow said:
Sub-Zero said:

Yeah, they're relatively set in present day, but I'm just saying that we shouldn't put too much into the timeline of MK running parallel with our "real" time. For instance, compare those stages of MK3 to Earthrealm in Konquest mode of MKD. Not real consistent.

But you start at 1900 don't you? Besides that could be some place in china that is still living in huts and such. I'm not disagreeing, I'm only giving the other possible side of the story mate.

Robot Commander said:

Wait, when is Shaolin Monks taken, is it before MK1 or 2? Maybe Jerod will appear in Shaolin Monks?