PlayStation 5 Official Thread

Sareena

While, we’ve seen the brand new controllers, and I must say. They look a lot different than what people expected them to be, how excited are you for the next generation of consoles?

I'll get hyped when Sony stops dragging their feet and show us the damn games already. The unreal engine 5 demo looked nice but thats just a tech demo. I'm hoping the launch games are fun and not just glorified tech demos. Otherwise I'll jusr wait and buy it next year when there's something worth playing. I remember when the ps4 first released the only ''next gen'' games was knack and killzone shadowfall. Everything else was third party ports which ran horribly (battlefield 4 was a buggy mess ). Infamous second son didn't come out till the following year. I love my PlayStation but Sony hasn't had a decent launch since the ps2 IMO.

Last edited:
Screw the damn games! I want Sony to just reveal the final product, the launch date, and most of all, the launch price!

And about that launch price, history HAS shown us that it is the consumer who decides how much they are willing to pay for it. There's a reason why the PS3's launch was absolute dog shit, while the 3DO completely flopped, and there's 1 common denominator in both cases, too.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It seems Sony is doing a hour long ps5 presentation this Thursday (June 4 4pm Eastern time)

I'm amped to watch the presentation. Hoping there aren't too many moody walk n talks. Want to see some actual god damn video games

Update...Sony finally decided to change the reveal to june 11th 1 pm Pacific time ( 4 pm eastern ) Hopefully they don't cancel at the last minute.

Anyway here's the updated info...

Update...Sony finally decided to change the reveal to june 11th 1 pm Pacific time ( 4 pm eastern ) Hopefully they don't cancel at the last minute.

Anyway here's the updated info...
Canceling at the last minute would be Atari VCS territory (is anyone here following THAT particular trainwreck? I've had reason to believe that the VCS was a scam from the start).

The ps5 reveal was solid as expected. Here's the full console reveal trailer
Most of the games are 2021 releases unfortunately and demon's souls has no release date but damn that trailer was insane!
Resident evil 8 (Village ) looks awesome and ghostwire tokyo looks good as well. GT7 going back to its roots with a old school campaign mode put a smile on my face. Again, most of these games have unknown release dates outside of spiderman and few others. I'm hoping we get more info soon because we still have no price nor release date. Fingers crossed Demon's souls is a launch game!

Last edited:
I’m excited for Resident Evil: Village People, the game looks epic.

I only saw a quick clip, and it looks ridiculous. I heard they were gonna make a big move into VR with this console, so I'm intrigued as to how that's going to play into most games.

Looks like the scalpers have come out in full force good luck with those ps5 preorders. Every retail chain under the sun is sold out. Great job Sony it's the ps2 cluster phuck all over again. Angry Joe is even having a hard time getting one, Here's a video of him losing his mind about it.

I get to pre-order mine tomorrow, I guess I got lucky somehow. Sony did this pick and choose PS5 email pre-order.

Edit: Got my system pre-ordered! :)

Last edited:
There's a 99% chance in both cases.

Here's the list of ps4 games that WON'T work at launch.
https://support.playstation.com/s/article/backward-compatibility?language=en_US
It Seems like a really strong list hitting 4000 games that will work but considering Microsoft has been doubling down on 3 generations of backwards compatibility for the series X/s. It kinda makes me wonder why Sony is ignoring Ps1 ,ps2,ps3, psp and vita. It comes off as a Nintendo move IMO.

Last edited: