Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Future of MK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Future of MK

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Why do you say that?
    I don't recall the data mining files ever saying that the 19 DLC were going to be characters, specifically.
    A skin pack of 3 for each of the 6 DLC in KP1 = 18 skins, plus Ninja Mime Johnny for pre-ordering.
    I mean, for all we know they could also do a smaller KP like they did with Injustice 1 or do an MKXL type of thing where they release another set of 6, all at once, 3 to 4 months after Spawn drops.
    It was stated time and again that the 19 DLC slots had the EXP filename which was for characters, and skins were in a different location in the files.

There was also a question in the files saying "Would you like to purchase Kombat Pack 3?" or something. While this ISN'T a confirmation in any way, it is proof that they are/were considering 19 DLC characters. And the 19th ISN'T Shao Kahn, he was referred to as 0 DLC character slot.

While some players are wondering if these DLC references may point to post-launch content aside from fighters, such as stages or skins, thethiny provides compelling evidence that suggests that they do indeed demarcate Mortal Kombat 11 characters. Specifically, the 19 DLC strings are listed immediately following the current roster, and they each reference "EXP," just as other character listings do.
    The Redditor further addresses the question by indicating that skin listings in the game files include reference to "SKIN," and stage listings reference "BGND." Of course, all of this does not guarantee that the 19 DLC references will all ultimately materialize as playable characters, but it does seem to confirm that the references are at least in the proper format for that type of asset.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickolaidas View Post
    It was stated time and again that the 19 DLC slots had the EXP filename which was for characters, and skins were in a different location in the files.

There was also a question in the files saying "Would you like to purchase Kombat Pack 3?" or something. While this ISN'T a confirmation in any way, it is proof that they are/were considering 19 DLC characters. And the 19th ISN'T Shao Kahn, he was referred to as 0 DLC character slot.

While some players are wondering if these DLC references may point to post-launch content aside from fighters, such as stages or skins, thethiny provides compelling evidence that suggests that they do indeed demarcate Mortal Kombat 11 characters. Specifically, the 19 DLC strings are listed immediately following the current roster, and they each reference "EXP," just as other character listings do.
    The Redditor further addresses the question by indicating that skin listings in the game files include reference to "SKIN," and stage listings reference "BGND." Of course, all of this does not guarantee that the 19 DLC references will all ultimately materialize as playable characters, but it does seem to confirm that the references are at least in the proper format for that type of asset.
    Oh, ok.
    As for BGND, do you know what stages were listed?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

So why 19 and not 18 (3 times 6)? How is that an option?
    Also...with the many, many months between DLC characters releases, there really is no time for 3 kombat packs.
    Opinion is divided whether or not they've already started work on Injustice 3 for a 2021 release.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mattteo View Post
    So why 19 and not 18 (3 times 6)? How is that an option?
    Also...with the many, many months between DLC characters releases, there really is no time for 3 kombat packs.
    Opinion is divided whether or not they've already started work on Injustice 3 for a 2021 release.
    I have no idea. Perhaps the 3rd Kombat Pack is going to be seven characters, instead of six. Perhaps the last character will be a single character going along the story DLC which was also datamined (a fourth DLC 'story pack', if you will - which could end up being that story's big bad as a selectable character).

3 Kombat Packs = 3 years of 'content'. Considering the fact that each year they're going to work on six characters, it could be doable to do both that AND work on Injustice 3.

Oh, ok.
    As for BGND, do you know what stages were listed?
    No idea, man. There was also Story DLC datamined, though no one can predict how that will go, if ever.

All I know is that this game is DEFINITELY not stopping at one Kombat Pack. Both the datamining and the sales guarantee this. Hell, FighterZ is getting a THIRD DLC season and SFV has like, what? Four seasons so far? It's unlikely one of the best-selling fighting game IPs will stick to just six characters.
    Last edited by Nickolaidas; 10-09-2019 at 12:04 PM.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

No idea, man. There was also Story DLC datamined, though no one can predict how that will go, if ever.

All I know is that this game is DEFINITELY not stopping at one Kombat Pack. Both the datamining and the sales guarantee this. Hell, FighterZ is getting a THIRD DLC season and SFV has like, what? Four seasons so far? It's unlikely one of the best-selling fighting game IPs will stick to just six characters.
    I never thought that it would just be 1 KP after it was leaked that Sheeva, Fujin and Ash Williams were going to be in, a few months back before the entire KP1 was unveiled.
    That said, I'm still skeptical about it being 3 KP's, given that NRS usually likes to do KP1 and then a complete edition / KP2 / Ultimate Edition once early Spring time rolls around, with those KP2 characters all coming out at the same time.

I'm just saying that NRS tends to be creatures of habit when it comes to certain things (game release dates, DLC guest to MK character ratios, certain skin themes for DLC characters that are released).
    I'm still betting on NRS releasing KP2 a few months after Spawn, and it seems pretty predictable, given that they'll probably also do a 3rd Injustice game to round out that story as well:

- 6 more DLC characters in KP2, with a 50/50 ratio of guests to MK characters
    - probably 18 more skins (1 skin pack for each DLC character)
    - Probably a DLC stage, given the BGND data mining and the Pit coming with the XL update for MKX
    - Probably releasing 3 or 4 months after Spawn

Again, I wouldn't mind being wrong and seeing more DLC characters and stuff coming, but they've become really predictable after 5 games.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I never thought that it would just be 1 KP after it was leaked that Sheeva, Fujin and Ash Williams were going to be in, a few months back before the entire KP1 was unveiled.
    That said, I'm still skeptical about it being 3 KP's, given that NRS usually likes to do KP1 and then a complete edition / KP2 / Ultimate Edition once early Spring time rolls around, with those KP2 characters all coming out at the same time.

I'm just saying that NRS tends to be creatures of habit when it comes to certain things (game release dates, DLC guest to MK character ratios, certain skin themes for DLC characters that are released).
    I'm still betting on NRS releasing KP2 a few months after Spawn, and it seems pretty predictable, given that they'll probably also do a 3rd Injustice game to round out that story as well:

- 6 more DLC characters in KP2, with a 50/50 ratio of guests to MK characters
    - probably 18 more skins (1 skin pack for each DLC character)
    - Probably a DLC stage, given the BGND data mining and the Pit coming with the XL update for MKX
    - Probably releasing 3 or 4 months after Spawn

Again, I wouldn't mind being wrong and seeing more DLC characters and stuff coming, but they've become really predictable after 5 games.

The part I used Bold for is just horrible. I'm sorry, I know it's not your fault :D, but it's horenduous. I was so excited that this time I was going to play as Reiko (loved his story in the MKX comic). If it's just 3 characters then he's f-ed. Probably Fujin, Sheeva and 1 more (most likely Havik, Mileena or Shinnok).

And Reiko and Sareena I know for sure were considered. It's the second game in a row when Reiko misses out. That may not seem much, but for some of us it's been since 2007....So screw NRS! I'm not buying anymore of their games until they move into the 3D era characters at least a little bit (10-12 characters).

Meanwhile we have the same old Sonya, Jax, Kano every game, a bunch of stupid ass Jacquis, Kung Jins or Cetrions as new chars and stupid guests like Joker.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mattteo View Post
    The part I used Bold for is just horrible. I'm sorry, I know it's not your fault :D, but it's horenduous. I was so excited that this time I was going to play as Reiko (loved his story in the MKX comic). If it's just 3 characters then he's f-ed. Probably Fujin, Sheeva and 1 more (most likely Havik, Mileena or Shinnok).

And Reiko and Sareena I know for sure were considered. It's the second game in a row when Reiko misses out. That may not seem much, but for some of us it's been since 2007....So screw NRS! I'm not buying anymore of their games until they move into the 3D era characters at least a little bit (10-12 characters).

Meanwhile we have the same old Sonya, Jax, Kano every game, a bunch of stupid ass Jacquis, Kung Jins or Cetrions as new chars and stupid guests like Joker.
    I get the sentiment 100%. I also would have loved to have seen Reiko, Havik and Sareena, but I have a feeling (according to KP1) that it's just going to be 3 from MK and 3 guests.

Lots of people did request Reiko, Havik and Sareena, so I know that they must have at least heard some of those requests. Again, as someone who's wanted Fujin since around the same time 2006~2007, I can empathize with wanting to see more PS2 / 3D era representation on the roster.
    Since a lot of 3D era characters like Darrius, Dairou and others didn't have a warm reception in the old days, I just get the feeling that NRS is slowly bringing these 3D era characters out to test the waters, little by little and see if they'll stick.
    So far they know that Kenshi, Tanya, Bo Rai Cho, Frost and Fujin could be big for them, given the fan requests for them and how well-recieved they were in MKX and MK11 (regarding hype for Fujin).

I DO wish that there were less Trilogy characters, but it seems like the Trilogy characters that NRS considers to be "must-have" for every game are the MK1 cast, Kitana, Kung Lao and Jax.
    Those characters aren't ever going to skip a game, and I've learned to accept that.
    Personally, I like Jacqui, but I do agree with you that I feel like MK11 will have too many guests when all of the DLC is done.
    4 guests was a bit much for me in MKX, and I'm hoping that we don't have more than that, but again, I have the feeling that it'll be 3 from MK and 3 guests in KP2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I get the sentiment 100%. I also would have loved to have seen Reiko, Havik and Sareena, but I have a feeling (according to KP1) that it's just going to be 3 from MK and 3 guests.

Lots of people did request Reiko, Havik and Sareena, so I know that they must have at least heard some of those requests. Again, as someone who's wanted Fujin since around the same time 2006~2007, I can empathize with wanting to see more PS2 / 3D era representation on the roster.
    Since a lot of 3D era characters like Darrius, Dairou and others didn't have a warm reception in the old days, I just get the feeling that NRS is slowly bringing these 3D era characters out to test the waters, little by little and see if they'll stick.
    So far they know that Kenshi, Tanya, Bo Rai Cho, Frost and Fujin could be big for them, given the fan requests for them and how well-recieved they were in MKX and MK11 (regarding hype for Fujin).

I DO wish that there were less Trilogy characters, but it seems like the Trilogy characters that NRS considers to be "must-have" for every game are the MK1 cast, Kitana, Kung Lao and Jax.
    Those characters aren't ever going to skip a game, and I've learned to accept that.
    Personally, I like Jacqui, but I do agree with you that I feel like MK11 will have too many guests when all of the DLC is done.
    4 guests was a bit much for me in MKX, and I'm hoping that we don't have more than that, but again, I have the feeling that it'll be 3 from MK and 3 guests in KP2.
    I dunno. I have a feeling KP2 is going to be 2 guests and 4 MK characters.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

I mean, I hope that you're right, but I don't feel that optimistic about getting more than 3 MK characters for KP2 when people are constantly wanting characters like Michael Myers, Doom Guy, Pinhead, Pennywise and Sweet Tooth.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I mean, I hope that you're right, but I don't feel that optimistic about getting more than 3 MK characters for KP2 when people are constantly wanting characters like Michael Myers, Doom Guy, Pinhead, Pennywise and Sweet Tooth.
    If those leaked Kombat Kard icons are indications of leaked skins, you can cross Pennywise from that list - he'll be a Baraka skin.

Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

I hope it's mo more than 2 guests! I'm done with guests! Based on the leak, I hope it goes something like this...

KP2:
    - Sheeva
    - Fujin
    - Ash (Guest)
    * Sareena and/or Li mei
    * Takeda and/or Kung Jin
    * Guest (I most prefer another MK character instead though.)

The Terminator was not a good choice for DLC. He's better off in Injustice since he's a robot.

You'll believe God is a woman.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nasty_Freak For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

If those leaked Kombat Kard icons are indications of leaked skins, you can cross Pennywise from that list - he'll be a Baraka skin.
    Those "leaked" Kombat Kard icons I wouldn't really take too seriously.
    There's also a cat Noob Saibot, and I'm pretty sure that those will just be some Halloween backgrounds, possibly done by completing a Halloween themed Tower.
    I really don't think it's anything deeper than that.

Kombatant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Really can't stand the guests. Hopefully their next game will be a MK trilogy (without story) containing all MK fighters from MK9, MKX and MK 11.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ruben-fcu For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

Halloween skin pack for Jade, Liu Kang and Kabal (called Masquerade).
    Looks like the Baraka and Noob Saibot pictures will just be Kombat Kard icons / backgrounds.....

PSN
    Onyxe135
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm very jaded with MK especially due to yet another reboot ending. I pray if I still give a damn about MK the time the next game comes out the Ed Boon vows to stop rebooting the series.

PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

* I'd like the following 3D generation characters to replace others in the main roster while the others can be DLC and etc.
    Kira instead of Kano.
    Nitara instead of Skarlet.

* I'd want these characters to be in the main roster of the future of MK.
    Khameleon
    Li Mei
    Sareena
    Mavado (Should actually be a matador with a sword instead of hookswords.)
    Onaga
    Motaro

* Characters that should return and be in the opposite side from the previous MK game.
    Cetrion (Reborn as good.)
    Sindel (Remains good this time.)
    Scorpion (Remains good this time as human and/or wraith.)

* Kronika should return but should possess Kira, Sareena, Kia, Jataaka, Ashrah, Li Mei, Tanya, or Jade and become a main antagonist again.

* If Cetrion will possess anyone she should possess Li Mei, Sareena, or Jade.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruben-fcu View Post
    Really can't stand the guests. Hopefully their next game will be a MK trilogy (without story) containing all MK fighters from MK9, MKX and MK 11.
    Screw those characters. I'm tired of 90% of them. I want the characters that HAVEN'T BEEN in the last 3 games! (Fujin, Reiko, Sareena, Ashrah, Daegon, Taven, Nitara, Drahmin, Rain -ok, he was, but just as dlc)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattteo For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Onyxe135
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

MK12 when it happens needs to start showing more of the 3D characters especially the likes of Sareena, Havik, and I would dare say Kai. I love Jax, Sonya, and Johnny but they can have a seat for a game. Don't kill them just have them be NPC's in the next game. Honestly how I hope MK12 rosters looks like

1. Scorpion
    2. Kitana
    3. Sub Zero
    4. Ermac
    5. Sareena
    6. Kenshi
    7. Mileena
    8. Kai
    9. Reiko
    10. Havik
    11. Cassie or Jacqui (I feel having at least one SF character is necessary)
    12. Takeda (Doesn't count as SF imo since he mainly has ties to Scorpion and Kenshi)
    13. Baraka
    14. Kira
    15. Tanya
    16. Noob Saibot (And for the love of God can he not be a jobber)
    17. Liu Kang
    18. Kung Lao or Kung Jin
    19. Fujin (I actually want him over Raiden)
    20. Darrius
    21. Li Mei
    22. Quan Chi
    23 - 25 NEW COMBATANTS

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacqui Briggs For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

@Nickolaidas, according to recent leaks the DLC / patch update stages are reported to be
    Spoiler:
    the Dead Pool and Soul Chamber.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Here's another roster idea for MK12.

1. Scorpion
    2. Kitana
    3. Sub Zero
    4. Ermac (Possessed by Shang Tsung in Story Mode with Shang Tsung's moves that can be unlocked.)
    5. Sareena (Has Jataaka's and Kia's moves as well.)
    6. Kenshi
    7. Mileena
    8. Kai
    9. Hotaru (Gets possessed by Shinnok later on in Story mode with special moves of Shinnok that can be unlocked.)
    10. Havik
    11. Cassie (Has Sonya's and Johnny Cage's moves.)
    12. Takeda
    13. Baraka
    14. Kira (Has Kano's moves.)
    15. Tanya (Has her Naginata back.) (Gets possessed by Kronika in Story Mode with special moves of Kronika that can be unlocked.)
    16. Noob Saibot
    17. Liu Kang (Has some of Raiden's and Geras's moves.)
    18. Kung Jin
    19. Fujin
    20. Darrius (Has similar moves to Jax's and Jacqui's moves using a gauntlet. Because Hotaru gets possessed by Shinnok, he will be the one to take care of Orderrealm.)
    21. Li Mei (Gets possessed by Cetrion in Story Mode with special moves of Cetrion than can be unlocked. In this story mode, Cetrion turns against the Forces of Evil to help the Forces of Light.)
    22. Quan Chi
    23. Daegon
    24. Taven
    25. Onaga (Final boss. Possessed by a bigger threat and more powerful deity than Kronika such as the one in Sonya's MK11 ending. Or maybe the One Being.)

Pre-Order Bonus: Motaro (With 4 legs.) OR Kintaro (Has Goro's and Sheeva's moves.)

Kombat Pack:
    1. Raiden
    2. Kung Lao
    3. Jade
    4. Nitara
    5. Guest
    6. Guest

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Nasty_Freak For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information