Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Future of MK

PSN
    Araknyd03

Re: Future of MK

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    No it's not smart, actually. If the Original 7, Kung Lao, Kitana, and Jax aren't playable out of the box at no additional charge, the game will automatically flop, and it would be justification for WB to shut down the Mortal Kombat IP for good.
    It's this type of extremism that makes me worry about the MK fanbase, sometimes.
    A few characters sitting out doesn't mean the game will flop and WB / NRS will shut down.
    There are still 8 klassic characters that are not in MK11 and it was 1 of the Top 5 selling games of last year.
    That should tell you that the name "Mortal Kombat" itself is enough to sell like hotcakes.
    While I understand that Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden and Liu Kang are the top 4 characters in all of MK, some of the other 10 klassic characters that NRS has put in MK9, MKX and MK11 can be swapped out for other klassics and people would probably be fine with it.
    Hell, the reddit and social media is full of people who want Mileena, Reptile and the remaining male ninjas.
    I'm pretty sure that if Sonya, Kano or Jax sat out in favor of some of those other characters that I mentioned that people constantly request, it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

Plenty of people in the fanbase have wondered why for 2 games now both Sonya and Johnny are in when Cassie is also in.
    Whatever happened to the bullshit about passing the torch to the next generation?
    It's especially laughable when people either shit on Sonya because in MKX because of character or in MK11 because of "Rhonda Rousey" or because "sHe'S bRoKeN," yet with all the shitting on Sonya that people do, she's in.

PSN
    Romo2Witten1983

As someone who has been following Tekken since the first game came out shortly after the launch of the original PlayStation, I can tell you for an absolute fact that people complaining about Mr. and Mrs. Cage being playable due to the presence of Cassie are straight up bullshit artists because Tekken has had the Mishimas and the William Sisters (not to be confused with the IRL tennis stars) since Day One, and none of those bullshit artists batted an eye over that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

PSN
    Araknyd03

Yes, because every single MK player also plays Tekken, so we're painting people with a broad brush now. /s

We've also had Sindel and Kitana as mother and daughter in MK lore since MKII, but the point was that NRS created Cassie, Takeda, Jacqui and Kung Jin with the purpose of presenting them to the fans as a "passing the torch" and that never really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Yes, because every single MK player also plays Tekken, so we're painting people with a broad brush now. /s

We've also had Sindel and Kitana as mother and daughter in MK lore since MKII, but the point was that NRS created Cassie, Takeda, Jacqui and Kung Jin with the purpose of presenting them to the fans as a "passing the torch" and that never really happened.
    It's pretty obvious why "passing the torch" didn't happen... NRS has awful new characters. What's the point of Kollector? What was the point of Ferra Torr? Why does Kotal even exist? As for the kids, the only reason why Jacqui's there is because Ed Boon loves it. Nobody gives a turd about Kung Jin or Takeda. That only leaves us with Cassie, who's basically a mix of Johnny and Sonya. Take away all these new characters, and MK is still going to be fine. Can't do that with classic characters.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PSN
    Araknyd03

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    It's pretty obvious why "passing the torch" didn't happen... NRS has awful new characters. What's the point of Kollector? What was the point of Ferra Torr? Why does Kotal even exist? As for the kids, the only reason why Jacqui's there is because Ed Boon loves it. Nobody gives a turd about Kung Jin or Takeda. That only leaves us with Cassie, who's basically a mix of Johnny and Sonya. Take away all these new characters, and MK is still going to be fine. Can't do that with classic characters.
    I thought Takeda's / Kenshi's story was awesome and he was 1 of my mains in MKX (Ronin variation).
    Ferra / Torr was also an awesome character to play as.
    Takeda is also the character from MKX that people tend to request a lot from that game, either on reddit or social media.
    Out of all of the 8 new MKX characters, Takeda is the one that I hear a lot of people saying that they liked and wish had returned for MK11.
    As for why the newer characters don't have much story development, unfortunately that's due to shitty writing (in general) on NRS part.
    Some of the Klassic characters like Jax, Kano, Noob and Kabal also still have 0 story progression, because again, NRS has done a shitty job of trying to develop them.
    People expect the new characters to be hit characters within just 1 game, when I clearly remember people talking shit about Shinnok in the MK4 era and how he was a silly "clown" looking character, prior to MKX coming out.
    MKX Shinnok comes out and we have a badass Mythologies Demon / Corrupt Shinnok and all of that shit talking suddenly goes away.
    So, this community can really miss me with that shit.
    People in this community also talked mad bullshit about Sheeva when she was announced for MK11, because either "she sucked in MK9" or someone going "I'd rather have__________" and then when she came out all that people complained about was "Sheeva mains" (and not just the Telestomp). Not many were willing to really give her a chance prior to her MK11 release, though.
    People also have a short / selective memory and forget that a lot of these klassic characters and 3D era characters took YEARS to be accepted into the fandom.
    I mean, shit, people complained when Sonya and Kano went missing from MKII and also complained about that roster, and now people look back on MKII with rose tinted glasses, forgetting that others were annoyed that those 2 skipped a game.

EDIT:
    I also remember people going "fvck Tanya, who cares" during the time of MK4 and then people wanted her back for MKX.
    Last edited by Commander; 09-21-2020 at 10:08 AM.

New Kombatant

The future of MK ain't looking too good to me. WB/NRS has proven time and time again that they are not creative, ever since MK9 they cucked themselves into a corner unable to have a good story without some alternate timeline, reboot or revenant bs. Everytime they try something new or go in a different direction they cave in like cucks and end doing the same shit over and over. I feel like a MK prequel should've been done before the MK9 reboot, but they basically played all of their cards and now all its starting to backfire. They had chances to develop the 3D era/WB era and even some of the lore characters that has never been in a official MK game. But each time a new game comes out what happens? They end up using the cast they been using since the last 4 games, yea you get a couple of surprises but still doesn't compensate for the fact instead of being innovative with roster, stories they just rather rely on the one trick they been using for decades. WB has ed this franchise adding all these lame ass guest characters. MK is not no smash bro or mugen and having guest takes away the development of characters that haven't been used that have so much potential.

Here is my ideal MK12 roster that would be better refreshing than anything NRS would come up with.

1. Rain
    2. Kotal Kahn
    3. Scorpion
    4. Subzero
    5. Nitara
    6. Sareena
    7. Great Kung Lao
    8. Argus
    9. Jataaka
    10. Kollector
    11. Havik
    12. Tremor
    13. Goro
    14. Sindel
    15. Erron Black
    16. Hornbuckle
    17. Taven
    18. Reptile
    19. Fujin
    20. Raiden
    21. Ferra Torr
    22. Reiko
    23. Tanya
    24. Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke
    25. Chameleon/Khameleon
    26. Nightwolf
    27. The Water God from mythologies
    28. Nimbus Terrafaux
    29. Kenshi
    30. Frost

A roster to something similar to is what they need to do next game it has a healthy balance of classic trilogy/ 3D fan favorites along with revamped lore characters and some of the newer characters. A healthy balance that not only would be refreshing but unpredictable but of course we will get the same roster again with even more guest smfh.

Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    PSN
    Boss_C_Goddess

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkomba..._and_he_asked/

Here's a leak of MK12. If true, here is what I'd like the roster to be based on this leak Read the leak first before commenting...

* Reptile (Protagonist with the name Syzioss as mentioned in the leak.)
    * Khameleon (With Saurian moves and weapons of Mileena. She can be Kiri from MK Conquest. She can be the Mileena of this game gameplay wise.)
    * The Great Kung Lao
    * Goro
    * Kintaro
    * Liu Kang (With Raidenís powers.)
    * Selemence (Should be a new evil sorcerer working for the evil Dragon King. Has powers of Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, and Shinnok.)
    * Scorpion (Not Hanzo Hasashi. It can be Shujinko who would be trained by the Shirai Ryu.)
    * Sub-Zero (Not Kuai Liang nor Bi Han. It should be a new Lin Kuei member.)
    * Taja from MK Conquest or a new character to replace Sonya that will aid the Great Kung Lao. She can use a giant bow as a staff and to shoot arrows with similar to how Kung Jin does.
    * Siro from MK Conquest or a new character to replace Johnny Cage that will aid the Great Kung Lao. He can be a comic relief. He can use 2 knives and be able to throw them.
    * Nitara (Uses her kamas, blood magic, nails, teeth, and wings.)
    * Ashrah (Uses her Kriss, which is possessed by an evil entity known as Datusha. The sword makes Ashrah kill most of Nitara's vampire race.)
    * Ermac (Since he is consisted of many souls, the dominant soul in his body can be a Samurai and he'd wield a katana and use it like Kenshi.)
    * Smoke
    * Havik (Represent Chaosrealm. Can use his Morning Star.)
    * Fujin (Same weapons and abilities as MK11.)
    * A BETTER DíVorah (less annoying) or a better Kytinn character. Kreeya from the MK Conquest show would be nice. This character can show the origins of the Kytinn.
    * Hotaru (For Orderealm.)
    * Reiko (Can have Shao Kahn's hammer and shoot ninja stars.)
    * Vorpax (From MK Conquest. She can wield a sword and shield. She can be a love interest of the Great Kung Lao but betray him for the Dragon King and/or Selemance.)
    * Emerald (Jade's mother and the same woman in Jade's MK9 and MK11 ending. Should have Jade's weapons and abilities. She's working for the Dragon King but is secretly trying to find ways to help the protagonists and to help Kitana, Jade, and Tanya escape.)
    * King Jerrod (He can use a sword and his powers from one of the comics.)
    * Sindel (Is actually a protagonist this time and looks very young and elegant with no white hair.)
    * Argus (He can use a giant sword like how Taven did in MKA.)
    * Delia (She can be a sorceress that wields fans like Kitana while performing magic. She can be like Mai Shiranui but much more powerful and violent.)
    * Motaro (As a centaur with 4 legs. He is the sub-boss working for the Dragon King. He can also use a spear like Shao Kahn's.)
    * Onaga (The Dragon King himself as the final boss. Takes over Outworld and goes rogue like Shao Kahn. Captures the younger (toddler) versions of Kitana, Jade, and Tanya to be his assassins.)

The story should be about the Saurian King (Reptile's father) being killed by Onaga.

You'll believe God is a woman.

PSN
    Araknyd03

Quote Originally Posted by Chri$$ View Post
    1. Rain
    2. Kotal Kahn
    3. Scorpion
    4. Subzero
    5. Nitara
    6. Sareena
    7. Great Kung Lao
    8. Argus
    9. Jataaka
    10. Kollector
    11. Havik
    12. Tremor
    13. Goro
    14. Sindel
    15. Erron Black
    16. Hornbuckle
    17. Taven
    18. Reptile
    19. Fujin
    20. Raiden
    21. Ferra Torr
    22. Reiko
    23. Tanya
    24. Cyrax/Sektor/Smoke
    25. Chameleon/Khameleon
    26. Nightwolf
    27. The Water God from mythologies
    28. Nimbus Terrafaux
    29. Kenshi
    30. Frost

A roster to something similar to is what they need to do next game it has a healthy balance of classic trilogy/ 3D fan favorites along with revamped lore characters and some of the newer characters. A healthy balance that not only would be refreshing but unpredictable but of course we will get the same roster again with even more guest smfh.
    I'd be totally fine with seeing something like this.
    At least it would be a breath of fresh air in comparison to the majority or 2/3 of the roster being from MK9.
    Last edited by Commander; 10-20-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information