Skins in the Krypt

tarkatanbloodline

I know I can't be the only one who is frustrated with the Krypt. I have been through the entire thing, and opened all the crates and soul pillars but still haven't found the skins I want. Specifically, I'm looking for the following for Baraka:

1. Beast of the Tundra
2. Champion of Tarkata

I was hoping we could use this thread to have users post where/how they got certain skins that might not be obviously found. Please feel free to drop any sort of tips you might have on getting any character's skin (or even their gear).

The problem isn't whether or not you got your favorite skins, but rather the mere fact that NRS and WB randomized the Krypt kontents in the first place.

Had they all been fixed, as had been the case with every other Krypt since 2002, this wouldn't be a problem. The MK11 Krypt is Exhibit A for why you do not, under any circumstances, fix what's not broken.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I still can't find Kabal's Klassic Mask. It's the only one I need from him from the Krypt. I've heard people say it's in The Shrine but all I get is augments for 75K since update 1.05. It's frustrating spending hours of work only to get useless augments.

I wish I at least had an idea of the algorithm here.

I believe every kharacter has about 13-14 skins that are only available in the shrine. Same with gear, in total about 13-14 gear pieces per kharacter that are strictly shrine.

So this means you will need:
-33.600.000 koins for all skins
-25.200.00 koins for all gear

What's the deal though? I only get augments when I try to buy gear and I know I still have gear left to get in the Shrine. Anyone else having this trouble?

What's the deal though? I only get augments when I try to buy gear and I know I still have gear left to get in the Shrine. Anyone else having this trouble?

Thats weird. Perhaps you got all gear from the shrine and the remaining gear are in chests, kronikas vault or secret chests?
But you should have spent a big amount on the shrine for gear then, if thats not the case it might be a new glitch?

I still can't find Kabal's Klassic Mask. It's the only one I need from him from the Krypt. I've heard people say it's in The Shrine but all I get is augments for 75K since update 1.05. It's frustrating spending hours of work only to get useless augments.

I wish I at least had an idea of the algorithm here.

Hey, friend. I can confirm the classic Kabal mask (one from MK3, right?) is definitely a gift from the Shrine. Got it during one of my many "donations" while trying to get Baraka's Beast of the Tundra skin. You should try using the Naknadan Coin if you're going to only donate 75k, though. Otherwise, your best bet is donating 100k to assure that you'll get a skin.

Thats weird. Perhaps you got all gear from the shrine and the remaining gear are in chests, kronikas vault or secret chests?
But you should have spent a big amount on the shrine for gear then, if thats not the case it might be a new glitch?

I'm still trying to figure out if there's a pattern for the damn time vaults. It also sucks that they pop up randomly and if you don't have enough coins when they do, you can't just go out and do a tower real quick to get the coins needed because they'll be in another location after you come back to the Krypt.

I'm still trying to figure out if there's a pattern for the damn time vaults. It also sucks that they pop up randomly and if you don't have enough coins when they do, you can't just go out and do a tower real quick to get the coins needed because they'll be in another location after you come back to the Krypt.

Since the latest patch a new one spawns 2 hours after opening the last one. So after opening one don't search for another one the 2 hours after.

Hey, friend. I can confirm the classic Kabal mask (one from MK3, right?) is definitely a gift from the Shrine. Got it during one of my many "donations" while trying to get Baraka's Beast of the Tundra skin. You should try using the Naknadan Coin if you're going to only donate 75k, though. Otherwise, your best bet is donating 100k to assure that you'll get a skin.

Thanks for the confirmation!

You're saying you got the Kabal mask when you were trying to unlock a skin? Does that mean you got it spending 100k?

Thanks for the confirmation!

You're saying you got the Kabal mask when you were trying to unlock a skin? Does that mean you got it spending 100k?

Yeah, I was hoping the coin would get me a skin (normally, I don't get one from just 75K alone). It didn't, still, but it got that MK3 mask for your boy, which was cool. Alas, I am not a Kabal player. :-/

I completed all of Baraka's towers (yep, all 5) and didn't get it. Also did the Tarkatan Terror one. Dunno where that damn thing is.

Same here.
There are still ToT skins that I'm also missing and I've done of the 5 character Towers to stage 5, so far.
(Jacqui, Geras, Kollector, Kotal Kahn and Frost)

My guess is that these gear pieces are perhaps still in a timed character Tower?

The 3 day towers are where you should be looking for rare ToT gear.

I'm still waiting for the tower that has maskless Sub-Zero.

The 3 day towers are where you should be looking for rare ToT gear.

I'm still waiting for the tower that has maskless Sub-Zero.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't seen any for Baraka, though, aside from the Champion of Tarkata one. That was the tower that had him with the purple war paint. The tower has popped up twice for me. He went absolutely APESHIT on me the first time I fought him.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't seen any for Baraka, though, aside from the Champion of Tarkata one. That was the tower that had him with the purple war paint. The tower has popped up twice for me. He went absolutely APESHIT on me the first time I fought him.

If it's a tag tower, I'm done to help you or anyone out.

My psn is the same as my username.