You know, I'd really like Ash Williams to be a guest character in MK11.

Demetrius

Let's face it; it's been 4 NRS games, going on the fifth, and MK9, MKX, Injustice, and Injustice 2 all had guest characters. MK had Freddy, MKX had Predator, Alien, Leatherface, and Jason, Injustice had Scorpion (He's not DC, he counts), Injustice 2 had Sub-Zero, Raiden, Hellboy, and the Turtles.

It's pretty much a given that there is going to be a guest character, and if the fact that the games have been getting more as time goes on is showing us anything, we're looking at 4 or maybe more guest characters.

So, I'd like to say that Ashley J Williams from the Evil Dead series would make an amazing combatant in a Mortal Kombat game.

- Evil Dead, apart from the first one and the remake, have never taken themselves too seriously. So we've got campy. It was also considered an extremely gorey movie when it first came out. So we've got that too. Tone matches MK perfectly.

- Ash primarily uses his Chainsaw prosthetic and a gun, though he could easily replace his Boomstick for another gun (he's proficient with a couple), and he also has a metal prosthetic hand since Army of Darkness, so you could replace the longer Chainsaw poke with up close and personal brawling.

- Unlike the likes of Leatherface/Jason/Freddy, Ash is usually the underdog in his fights because he's fighting Deadites, Demons, and Old Gods, not teenagers and campers. Ash deserves it more than most.

- The various cosmetics would be able to tie into the different movies/show, giving a bit for everyone.

- Dude is capable of taking quite the punishment, as seen where he cut off his own hand with a chainsaw.

- Ash's personality would class with a lot of other characters, not unlike and especially with Johnny Cage.

Think about it; we've already got Shang Tsung as a DLC character, so we've got the perfect "I'll swallow your soul!" *ash s his gun* "Swallow this." set-up.

I would be cool with Ash in MK11. I remember when I was younger like over 15 years ago, I even wrote my own Mortal Kombat x Army of Darkness fan fiction.

Ash would be great... But, for mine, I want Michael Myers before Ash.

For one thing, the idea of the latter horror icon's inclusion has been thrown around for years -- since MK9's Freddy, at least. A new Halloween film was released a few months back... Not a very good one, admittedly -- but, it could still be a kind of 'tie-in' with a DVD release so some such. Lastly, I think that Myers could be implemented pretty easily (knives, teleports, grappler-based like Jason). Ash, on the other hand, will almost certainly be a Leatherface clone (who himself was a rather 'meh' addition to MKX).

However, what Ash has going for him are the Evil Dead themes, ease of implementation (chainsaw + sawed-off shotty), his persona and a possible Tagawa-esque, Bruce Campbell collaboration (which would probably have to happen, for the character's inclusion to make sense).

Whoever it is, I just hope that the characters get their own, dedicated, classically themed stages and BGM.

I too thought you were talking about Ash Williams from Mass Effect.

I'm like wow didn't realize Ash had such a huge fan following.

SwdP.gif