Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Geras baby, let's talk about good or bad

BANALITY
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Let's talk about Geras baby, let's talk about good or bad

So the new character...

I remember feeling REALLY hyped for MKX new characters, maining Ferra/Torr, D'Vorah and Kotal Khan, even a bit for Cassie as I thought that means two human-like characters less in the game for one, I wasn't happy with her anymore after they shown us the cage-family trailer though... The others are still among my favorites and Erron Black joined that list later on. The kids, well they are boring, spare maybe for Takeda.

Now we get two new character (probably a third which is Kano's son, which will probably be Kobra #2) but so far I'm not feeling a real HYPE for the new characters at all... A bit for Khronika but maybe she isn't even playable and with another time-controlling character in the same game, I fear Khronika won't feel unique at all. I know she needs some minions, but that could also be Jade (from her ending) and some other existing characters, maybe even Kabal with his speed abilities, being saved by Khronika from his being a revenant.

Geras looks a bit like mixture of Jax, Tremor and some Marvel/DC COmic hero... I'm not hyped for his Tremor-like moves at all and his looks are not screaming MK to me at all.

Very disappointing as I was hoping on some new D'vorah-fresh like characters in MK11...

What is your opinion about Geras?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rhizodus For This Useful Post:

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Re: Let's talk about Geras baby, let's talk about good or bad

Geras looks and feels like an Injustice character, but I suppose we should hold off and see how he turns out at release. I share your initial mixed reaction to him, though.

In terms of new characters, I think it may well just be limited to Geras, Kronika, Kano's son (if he appears) and perhaps one other. I think of the recent era MKX was probably unique in having so many new characters, and of those I think only Cassie (due to lineage/plot) and Kotal will turn out to have any real staying power. Kotal is awesome, and I am looking forward to see what they've done with him in MK11.

It'll be interesting to see what Geras' time-shifting/pausing moves will turn out like. I can see those possibly being somewhat controversial.
    Where's Fujin?

Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

I'm pretty excited about Kronika actually!

As for Geras, I like how he can freeze the opponent.

You'll believe God is a woman.

BANALITY
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mandead View Post
    Geras looks and feels like an Injustice character, but I suppose we should hold off and see how he turns out at release. I share your initial mixed reaction to him, though.

In terms of new characters, I think it may well just be limited to Geras, Kronika, Kano's son (if he appears) and perhaps one other. I think of the recent era MKX was probably unique in having so many new characters, and of those I think only Cassie (due to lineage/plot) and Kotal will turn out to have any real staying power. Kotal is awesome, and I am looking forward to see what they've done with him in MK11.

It'll be interesting to see what Geras' time-shifting/pausing moves will turn out like. I can see those possibly being somewhat controversial.
    I'm not hyped for characters which use OTHER characters moves at all, the only character which made me warm and did this was Kira, but that was only because I always wanted a female Black Dragon member and a Red-head in the game, her moves still suck and is one of the reasons we never see her again. I kinda forgot about Kira when Skarlet was introduced, a redhead with her own moves.

The same problem is now with Tremor and Geras, they will probably never end up in the same game because of their move-like overlapping, and I like non-ninja Tremor MUCH better than Geras at this point, so now I see Geras as a treat to Tremor's future existence, and that is something bad.

Geras feels a lot like a one-game dude though, I don't see him returning at all, much like Ferra/Torr.
    D'vorah, Kotal Kahn, Erron Black, Cassie and Takeda feel like staying characters though, if not in this game, they will be in the next.

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhizodus View Post
    I'm not hyped for characters which use OTHER characters moves at all, the only character which made me warm and did this was Kira, but that was only because I always wanted a female Black Dragon member and a Red-head in the game, her moves still suck and is one of the reasons we never see her again. I kinda forgot about Kira when Skarlet was introduced, a redhead with her own moves.

The same problem is now with Tremor and Geras, they will probably never end up in the same game because of their move-like overlapping, and I like non-ninja Tremor MUCH better than Geras at this point, so now I see Geras as a treat to Tremor's future existence, and that is something bad.

Geras feels a lot like a one-game dude though, I don't see him returning at all, much like Ferra/Torr.
    D'vorah, Kotal Kahn, Erron Black, Cassie and Takeda feel like staying characters though, if not in this game, they will be in the next.
    Kotal is Emperor of Outworld and was one of the better-received MKX characters, so it would be weird if he was left out of the mix. It's also possible we won't get many larger grappler type characters. I really hope he's back, as unless they kill him off (unlikely) as part of the story/behind the scenes, his absence would be very hard to explain in a way that having a jobber like Reptile or Baraka missing a game wouldn't have been (although of course we know Baraka is indeed back).
    Where's Fujin?

BANALITY
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I'm always hoping for Reptile and Baraka (or any other evil character) to grow beyond the jabber status, maybe Baraka finally does this in this game, but my hopes are not big, they are very bad story-writers in my opinion, they are too much kicking on stupid good-humans to slay the evil monsters type of stories, and less on interesting back-stories for the evil guys...

For baraka for example I would have liked to see how he became the most feral of his race, did Shao Kahn first conquer their race and then held some sort of gladiator-battles in which Baraka was victorious? Did he receive metallic implants made by Kano or Shang Tsung, which made him different from the other Tarkatans? (much like Wolverine got his adamantine bones)

And Reptile being an example of how Shao Kahn destroyed all races, maybe they can expand on his MKX ending. So much more possibilities than just being a jabber for the likes of Cassie, Stryker and Johnny...

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Can't wait to see ho Shao Kahn plays!
    Where's Fujin?

BANALITY
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I never cared much for the end-boss type characters I must say, but he look cool so far, rather have seen Reiko replace him, but that is just me :-p

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I dunno. There's some things I like about him. He's obviously a time-bending Sandman, and actually seem to share some inspiration from Tremor. Tremor was amazing in X.

He's a grappler and grapplers are always cool.

The outfits are Injustice-level of cringe. However, this one is ok. Kinda reminds me of Broly from Dragon Ball for some reason.
    Last edited by Xenon; 01-20-2019 at 06:45 AM.

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

That one possibly looks worse. I just don't like his look at all, and he feels very out of place. Hopefully he fits into the storyline somehow, rather than just feeling like he's been shoehorned in some weird way. I suppose the idea is that he and Kronika are supposed to be total outsiders, though...
    Where's Fujin?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yeah, like I said, he still looks like an Injustice character, and there's obviously a LOT of Injustification done for this game. E.g. the life/damage counters, shorter combos, screen freezes after game ends/fatality, costumes...Even some materials like gold feel straight outta Injustice. However, do you really find that outfit worse than this one? It's almost like he's Cyborg from I2.

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Geras looks like an Injustice character because he's a creation of the Elder Gods. He's got an angelic look that's unique to MK

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BBBLP For This Useful Post:

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    Geras looks like an Injustice character because he's a creation of the Elder Gods. He's got an angelic look that's unique to MK
    Nah, he looks like an Injustice character because he looks like an Injustice character. It's really as simple as that; I agree with @Xenon, and it doesn't exactly seem to be a minority view.
    Where's Fujin?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandead For This Useful Post:

PSN
    mkawesome14
    Steam
    MKLegacyx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While I'm not super in love with his design (the alternate Xenon posted looked pretty good though, very much a servant of the gods look), gameplay wise I think the character is pretty hype, a grappler with hype dunks, sand, and can control the timer, he looks to have a really fun kit.
    Long Live Mortal Kombat!!!

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mandead View Post
    Nah, he looks like an Injustice character because he looks like an Injustice character. It's really as simple as that; I agree with @Xenon, and it doesn't exactly seem to be a minority view.
    How does he look like an Injustice character though. Like, nobody gives any details on why they feel this way

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post
    How does he look like an Injustice character though. Like, nobody gives any details on why they feel this way
    I just did.... Post #11

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

So that's it? Because he has gold trim on his costume?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BBBLP For This Useful Post:

p.W

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenon For This Useful Post:

BANALITY
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKLegion View Post
    While I'm not super in love with his design (the alternate Xenon posted looked pretty good though, very much a servant of the gods look), gameplay wise I think the character is pretty hype, a grappler with hype dunks, sand, and can control the timer, he looks to have a really fun kit.
    That is my biggest issue with him... The time ability should ONLY be fore Khronika, and the sand abilities should be for Tremor.

PSN
    Onyxe135
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I like Geras especially his design. Seems like he'll be an interesting villain

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information