Mortal Kombat 11 Klassic Fatalities

I personally don't mind "klassic fatalities", but I'd much rather see new, crazy concepts done instead. I agree with the comment made about the humor. Some of my favorite memories from the older games is laughing at just how absurd a fatality was. Realism isn't why I play this game, I'd laugh to still hear Sheeva screaming long after she's blown up and three sets of rib cages are bouncing around. (Not that I want that, per se, but just you know...that level of absurdity).

How about MK3 Fatalities as Klassic Fatalities, such as Jax's scissors, or Sub-Zero's ice breath, or even Sonya's second Kiss of Death Fatality from MK3?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

How about bringing back THIS version of Sonya's Kiss of Death? This was my favorite of hers.

All I know is if Quan Chi makes it in as DLC (or somehow the main roster) that his leg rip beat down needs to be included, it's one of the best fatalities of all time.

If classic fatalities return I really hope they are not from MK1. Enough spine rip, toasty etc. They may be from MK3 or the 3D era, as long as it is not Quan Chi‘s neck stretch fatality:D

I would like to see a good dragon Liu Kang fatality as well. In MK9 the dragon was from the logo and it doesn‘t look like a real dragon. All other Liu Kang fatalities are always lame, especially in MKX.

You really are as annoying as your avatar are you?

Originality isn't something you enjoy probably. Hope I never see those simple fatalities EVER again.

I want to see some classic fatalities again, in a new jacket though, with extras, like the MK9 Sub-Zero spine-rip, lovely, and with ice.
Having been a fan for damn near the entire history of the franchise, I apparently have more RESPECT for Fatality HERITAGE than you do. Your "new, fresh, and original" Fatalities wouldn't exist if it weren't for the TRUE originals such as the Spine Rip and the Toasty, and I must beg the question, by saying you don't want to see them "ever again", are you really saying they should have never existed in the first place? Because if you ask me, those two Fatalities have actually sat out for enough games.

They were in both 9 and x, so what are you talking about? I love the Scorpion Toasty fatality, but I hate the spine-rip (without ice) because it could be put on ANY character it doesn't have anything to do with ice, so I don't understand why people love it so much, same with a leg-ripping fatality for a freaking necromancer, give it to jax.

First off, the Spine Rip was NOT present in MK2, vanilla MK3, or MK vs DCU, and was censored, most likely as a joke, in UMK3, while the Toasty missed the entire PS2 era, meaning both Fatalities still sat out a few games, so my point still stands. Maybe a ONE game vacation every 10 or 12 years for both Fatalities sounds like a reasonable compromise, but I'm not budging beyond that.

As for the Spine Rip, I have news for you. If you hate the original Spine Rip, then you hate Video Game History, because that Fatality was singlehandedly responsible for the ESRB (in fact, to drive the point home further, during the time Joseph Lieberman was threatening to regulate gaming violence, the Spine Rip was specifically cited during the Congressional hearings on gaming violence that forced the industry to adopt a ratings system to begin with).

Oh, and you hate it because it has no ice effects? Well, that's the same as saying the SNES port of MK1 is better than the Genesis port because "Sub-Zero has an ice Fatality in the SNES port but doesn't in the Genesis." That's bullshit, and not only do you know it, but so does every other Mortal Kombat fan on the planet. The Genesis port outsold the SNES port by a wide margin for a damn good reason. So, are you going to say that the SNES port of MK1 is superior to the Genesis port over Sub-Zero's fatalities?

Having been a fan for damn near the entire history of the franchise, I apparently have more RESPECT for Fatality HERITAGE than you do. Your "new, fresh, and original" Fatalities wouldn't exist if it weren't for the TRUE originals such as the Spine Rip and the Toasty, and I must beg the question, by saying you don't want to see them "ever again", are you really saying they should have never existed in the first place? Because if you ask me, those two Fatalities have actually sat out for enough games.

Please don’t throw around that “long-time” fan bullshit excuse.
I’ve also been a fan since the first one in 1992, when I first played it at an arcade machine at a Pizza Hut, but it doesn’t mean that I want to see those same 2 Fatalities in 3 damn games, in a row.
It also doesn’t doesn’t mean that I don’t have an appreciation for how they’ve added to the MK name in the past or added to its status.
It just means that I don’t like to beat a dead horse and see the same repeated shit, game after game.
Simple as that.
After 27 years of follwing this franchise, some originality with the finishers (as we saw with the default ones in MKX) are a nice breath of fresh air.

So because I don't like the overused shit that all the sheeple like, I ain't a fan? In that case, I love being NOT a fan. I hate sub-zero's spine rip fatality, as I hate simple things. can't help it. That it is game history I don't give a single . Some game history I like, others I like less, others I hate.
So do you think the SNES port of MK1 is better than the Genesis port on the account of one character's fatality?

I hate sub-zero's spine rip fatality, as I hate simple things. can't help it. That it is game history I don't give a single . Some game history I like, others I like less, others I hate.

Interesting.. some of the most simple quick fatalities like the spine rip and toasty were the most satisfying back in the day tbh and that's probably why they were remembered most fondly. I like a mixture of both but I will say I really liked swift fatalities, the long drawn out ones kind of bore me where it's like "yep rip this off and then that off, also don't forget to rip this body part off too lol." You end up feeling like your playing MKA (shudders).

Not trying to shit on the more complex fatalities at all though.. I feel in the last 2 games (MK9 and MKX) even the few fatalities that weren't that great in those games were still actually pretty decent compared to fatalities there weren't up to snuff in previous games in the ps2 era.

I hope we never get anything as shit as the quan chi neck stretch fatality ever again.

WHY NOT BOTH?

Right? There's room for new fatalities and "klassics". I wouldn't mind seeing some MK3 era fatalities. I liked the MKX formula of two new, one stage, one klassic. It was fine, and felt like it gave you variety without having too many. I even liked faction kills...quick, easy and some were pretty cool.

Yeah I think some of the best fatalities are the quick ones. Baraka's head chop and Cage's uppercut being my favorite examples. Especially how Johnny strikes his win pose before your head can even bounce off the floor.

That being said the more cinematic fatalities are great too. Sub-Zero's Deception fatalities coming to mind the most.

Kai's MK4 fatality is in my top 10, and it's so simple in it's execution. But the camera movement, the music and even the announcer laughing make such a standard finisher stand out so much

Last edited:
Problem with these "quick" fatalities is we've seen them executed so many times in one way or another. Almost like watching a dud going off. I think what they can do is improve the classics with better animations. Have the guy struggle a bit when doing the spine rip or something. Maybe even different variations.

I think what they can do is improve the classics with better animations. Have the guy struggle a bit when doing the spine rip or something. Maybe even different variations.

Haven't they been doing this?

I hope they keep the MKX formula of two new, one stage, one klassic too.

Tbh MKX had too little stages, despite being all very good.

MK Armageddon was a slap, it not only included some of Deception stages, new ones, klassic ones and a series of stages that were connected to Konquest.

That's why Konquest mode should make a return. They can easily make a story mode where you Interact with the game as na adventure, cinematic cutscenes and fights. Single player and multiplayer would still be there. I love story mode, I'm not crazy with a k to turn it down since I love the story and I'm glad it has a main space, but maybe something like Konquest would be more interesting. The first time is glorious, but when you repeat over and over, it's like a movie you skip to some fights.

MK9 also had more stages, while MKXs stages where remarkable, I wish they did more stages, even if some were just to change the ambiente (MK:A style), but the main ones with stage fatalities, transitions, you know, like they did during 3D era.