MORTAL 11 KOMBAT: Don't Screw It Up Edition

DeBane

1. ALL UNLOCKABLE CONTENT AFFECTING GAMEPLAY (e.g., "gear", special abilities, costumes) TO BE ACCESSIBLE ON BOTH PLAYER-1 AND PLAYER-2 SIDES IN ALL APPLICABLE LOCAL VERSUS PLAY MODE/S -- see: Injustice 2's conspicuous lack of "load-out" use for player-2 in offline play.

2. A PLAYABLE MUFFA-FLOCKING SHAO KAHN!! (...COMPLETE WITH SUITE OF TAUNTS) -- no more cruddy bosses, like Shinnok's ARPG self or half-baked MK9-esque, non-playable bosses that can only be used via hacks. (NB: A Shao Kahn as or about as intermediate play tier OP / 'broken' as MKX's Goro or IJ2's Darkseid, will suffice.)

3. NO MORE "VARIATIONS" -- a bigger roster is immeasurably more preferable than gimmicky character 'versions'; most of which, no one ever uses.

4. BRING BACK MK9'S "TAG" CO-OP PLAY -- this mode should never have been removed and it should also be implemented online.

5. INCLUDE A "SHUJINKO"-TYPE ADVENTURE MODE FOR UNLOCKING IN-GAME CONTENT -- this mode could also incorporate the "tag" feature, where battles are encountered and the game [presumably] switches to fighting game mode.

6. FOR PC, IMPLEMENT A USER-FRIENDLY MODDING SYSTEM, LIKE THAT USED IN UNREAL ENGINE -- a "mods" folder which overrides the game's assets, as in SFV or T7 (...that is, if MK wants to be on level footing with modern fighters)

7. OPTIONAL COMMAND INPUTS FOR X-RAYS / SUPERS (see: "Progressive" and "simple" mode/s in Ex Fighting Layer and MVC3, respectively) -- thereby no longer alienating those who want to use traditional 'quarter-circle x2' styled commands for their powerful attacks; and also fixing the incongruous nature of some normal attacks (let alone, specials) having more complex inputs than X-Rays!

8. AUTOMATIC ONLINE MATCH-MAKING FROM TRAINING MODE -- MK lobbies are lag fests and are very non-user-friendly; Soul Calibur VI's automatic match-making via its training mode, is the way to do online PvP and maintain community longevity.

9. ADD GUEST CHARACTERS THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT AND WHICH SUIT THE MK UNIVERSE -- good examples: Mike Myers (Halloween), Pinhead (Hellraiser); bad examples: Xenomorph (Alien), Bo' Rai Cho...

10. REFINE AND INNOVATE THE MK SIGNATURE CONCEPTS -- examples: interactive X-Rays (perfectly or 'just' timed button presses extend the animations / increase damage; different meter levels of X-Rray: level 1, 2, 3); interactive Fatalities (button prompts that serve to change the animations); bring back "klose kombat" (e.g., tie it to some kind of 'parry' mechanic); stage transitions (but shorter and with less 'mess' than in Injustice); more stage interactions.

11. FIX THE GAMEPLAY WHERE NEEDED -- X-Rays damage scaling renders them pointless in competitive play; combo breakers requiring two stock of a three-stock meter is too much; meter divvied for being pummelled is a skill-plateauing crutch, not the reward of 'spirit' for proactive play it's meant to be; more defensive tools for escaping "death corners" sorely needed...

9. ADD GUEST CHARACTERS THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT AND WHICH SUIT THE MK UNIVERSE -- good examples: Mike Myers (Halloween), Pinhead (Hellraiser); bad examples: Xenomorph (Alien), Bo' Rai Cho...

Bo Rai Cho wasn't a guest, though.
As much as I don't personally care for him, he IS a previous MK fighting game character in the same way that Tanya and Triborg are.

Bo Rai Cho wasn't a guest, though [...]
Hence, "that people actually like" part.

On that: How do they decide the cameo roster for NRS games -- surveys? Or should we remain cynical and presume that their games' rosters are set in stone from the whiteboard stage of development onward; and all insinuation that community / fans' input matters, is bunk...?

There is zero chance of them bringing modding for this game. Ed Boon talked about it a long time ago, and more developers (especially AAA) are making sure that the games cannot be modded.

As much as I despise guest characters on principle, there's something MUCH worse in this industry that I absolutely do not want in this game under any circumstances, and that is...

Lootcrates! I swear, I'll import this game from Belgium if I have to! At least they swung the ban hammer on that particular bullshit!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

As much as I despise guest characters on principle, there's something MUCH worse in this industry that I absolutely do not want in this game under any circumstances, and that is...

Lootcrates! I swear, I'll import this game from Belgium if I have to! At least they swung the ban hammer on that particular bullshit!

I can only imagine them trying this via the color coded kurrency from MKDA except worse. That literally took a combined effort between me, my brother, and my step father for almost 2 years just to unlock every krypt item in that game. Can't be blamed for being skeptical after they charged $20 to unlock the entire Krypt in MKX as well as having that Randomized Koin exchanger that had certain Krypt items only available through it.

2. A PLAYABLE MUFFA-FLOCKING SHAO KAHN!! (...COMPLETE WITH SUITE OF TAUNTS) -- no more cruddy bosses, like Shinnok's ARPG self or half-baked MK9-esque, non-playable bosses that can only be used via hacks. (NB: A Shao Kahn as or about as intermediate play tier OP / 'broken' as MKX's Goro or IJ2's Darkseid, will suffice.)
Spoiler:
9UObaXr.jpg

Err... Does Boon actually read my posts / mind?! :shock:

>mfw Kahn is an infamous "NRS DLC character" (see: Goro / Darkseid / Jason...)

1xUrmfa.png

Lootcrates!
Fret not; even the likes of Vindictus (action-RPG MMO) has had to remove its "runes", due to the random nature of their efficacy / real-world money cost.

Anything that incorporates a randomised result for money invested, will have a very hard time getting into and remaining in video games... Which is something, coincidentally, that we can all thank Belgium for!

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=52d3ceee-1d71-475b-9a24-055f8612ba1a

Ill agree that it would be cool to see Co-op Tag return plus an adventure mode returning would be neat (maybe have some beat-em up segments like Armageddon), also am I only one here who actually liked Bo 'Rai Cho's inclusion in X?

Ill agree that it would be cool to see Co-op Tag return plus an adventure mode returning would be neat (maybe have some beat-em up segments like Armageddon)
The co-op adventure mode is all but confirmed: 'Shaolin Monks' styled, drop in/out [online] co-op adventure mode; wherein, "loot crates" are dropped for collection, containing accoutrements for character customisation (*latter confirmed via Steam store page).

You can see the "leaks" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rK33cH2nbM (*The leaker has been correct on most points so far confirmable.)

also am I only one here who actually liked Bo 'Rai Cho's inclusion in X?
You and the alcoholic MK players -- yes.

Plus add Jade as a high tier character that will do a fatality involving her shoving her staff inside the victim's rectum! ;)

1. ALL UNLOCKABLE CONTENT AFFECTING GAMEPLAY (e.g., "gear", special abilities, costumes) TO BE ACCESSIBLE ON BOTH PLAYER-1 AND PLAYER-2 SIDES IN ALL APPLICABLE LOCAL VERSUS PLAY MODE/S -- see: Injustice 2's conspicuous lack of "load-out" use for player-2 in offline play.

This is probably the point that I agree with you the most on, especially not wanting special moves / abilities locked behind the stupid rng system, like in Inj2.
This was my biggest issues with Injustice 2's gear / rng / motherbox system.
Also, yes, it was ridiculously stupid to have the whole Krypt unlocked in MKX or to have abilities unlocked in Injustice 2, only for player 2 not to have any of the unlockable finishers or abilities (Injustice 2) on the menu.

View attachment 9470

I'm not the only one requesting this. ;)
I don't seem to see any evidence to back that up. Why don't you show me proof on social media, MKO, TYM, the WB boards, SRK, Kombat Amino, and the like that there's significant demand for sexualized Fatalities and maybe I'll believe you're not the only one requesting this?

Last edited:
I don't seem to see any evidence to back that up. Why don't you show me proof on social media, MKO, TYM, the WB boards, SRK, Kombat Amino, and the like that there's significant demand for sexualized Fatalities and maybe I'll believe you're not the only one requesting this?

This fan art is enough proof. If someone makes art like this, it means they want it to happen. ;)

This fan art is enough proof. If someone makes art like this, it means they want it to happen. ;)
How do I know you're not the one who made it? And more importantly, how do I know Jade didn't shove it down her throat instead of up her ass? That artwork doesn't prove that either.

And even so, two whole people does NOT constitute popular demand for smut in MK. Once again, I asked for significant popular demand from multiple sources, not proof of only one person other than you.

View attachment 9470

I'm not the only one requesting this. ;)

The guy draws a lot of MK art, mostly women getting absolutely destroyed. At no point does he push it as a request for Boon and Crew to put it in their games (don't think they have the guts to do it anyways). I can animate Jade eating a pile of shit, doesn't mean I want to see it in the game.

You've been spamming this "Pole2Ass" garbage since the old Midway forums. Let it go :lol:

Last edited: