1. ALL UNLOCKABLE CONTENT AFFECTING GAMEPLAY (e.g., "gear", special abilities, costumes) TO BE ACCESSIBLE ON BOTH PLAYER-1 AND PLAYER-2 SIDES IN ALL APPLICABLE LOCAL VERSUS PLAY MODE/S -- see: Injustice 2's conspicuous lack of "load-out" use for player-2 in offline play.
2. A PLAYABLE MUFFA-FLOCKING SHAO KAHN!! (...COMPLETE WITH SUITE OF TAUNTS) -- no more cruddy bosses, like Shinnok's ARPG self or half-baked MK9-esque, non-playable bosses that can only be used via hacks. (NB: A Shao Kahn as or about as intermediate play tier OP / 'broken' as MKX's Goro or IJ2's Darkseid, will suffice.)
3. NO MORE "VARIATIONS" -- a bigger roster is immeasurably more preferable than gimmicky character 'versions'; most of which, no one ever uses.
4. BRING BACK MK9'S "TAG" CO-OP PLAY -- this mode should never have been removed and it should also be implemented online.
5. INCLUDE A "SHUJINKO"-TYPE ADVENTURE MODE FOR UNLOCKING IN-GAME CONTENT -- this mode could also incorporate the "tag" feature, where battles are encountered and the game [presumably] switches to fighting game mode.
6. FOR PC, IMPLEMENT A USER-FRIENDLY MODDING SYSTEM, LIKE THAT USED IN UNREAL ENGINE -- a "mods" folder which overrides the game's assets, as in SFV or T7 (...that is, if MK wants to be on level footing with modern fighters)
7. OPTIONAL COMMAND INPUTS FOR X-RAYS / SUPERS (see: "Progressive" and "simple" mode/s in Ex Fighting Layer and MVC3, respectively) -- thereby no longer alienating those who want to use traditional 'quarter-circle x2' styled commands for their powerful attacks; and also fixing the incongruous nature of some normal attacks (let alone, specials) having more complex inputs than X-Rays!
8. AUTOMATIC ONLINE MATCH-MAKING FROM TRAINING MODE -- MK lobbies are lag fests and are very non-user-friendly; Soul Calibur VI's automatic match-making via its training mode, is the way to do online PvP and maintain community longevity.
9. ADD GUEST CHARACTERS THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT AND WHICH SUIT THE MK UNIVERSE -- good examples: Mike Myers (Halloween), Pinhead (Hellraiser); bad examples: Xenomorph (Alien), Bo' Rai Cho...
10. REFINE AND INNOVATE THE MK SIGNATURE CONCEPTS -- examples: interactive X-Rays (perfectly or 'just' timed button presses extend the animations / increase damage; different meter levels of X-Rray: level 1, 2, 3); interactive Fatalities (button prompts that serve to change the animations); bring back "klose kombat" (e.g., tie it to some kind of 'parry' mechanic); stage transitions (but shorter and with less 'mess' than in Injustice); more stage interactions.
11. FIX THE GAMEPLAY WHERE NEEDED -- X-Rays damage scaling renders them pointless in competitive play; combo breakers requiring two stock of a three-stock meter is too much; meter divvied for being pummelled is a skill-plateauing crutch, not the reward of 'spirit' for proactive play it's meant to be; more defensive tools for escaping "death corners" sorely needed...