Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Kittelsen revealed who the woman from Jade's MK9 ending is
go8kkff4ntv21.jpg

Kinda anticlimatic that it was just her mom after years of speculation lol

Very, but at least it's an answer none-the-less.

go8kkff4ntv21.jpg

I knew she wasn't anyone important from the start. If she was important, she would've been named within 2 years just like Kitana's parents were.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Word on the street is that players who do this risk getting banned by WB.

Had they done this with the Mobile Unlock glitch, there would have been a Class Action lawsuit from Android users because, as mentioned previously, the MKX Mobile app was unavailable for Android for a full month, despite the fact that it was advertised as being "available now for iOS AND Android" even on television, while WB was Radio Silent about the issue the entire time.

All this glitch thing raises interesting questions about some kind of ethics.

Is it fair to exploit the game to get there? I mean, it does not only garantees a trophy, but unlocks Shang Tsung's Palace, that renders a lot of things, and also another trophy.

It also raises the question: this kind of thing can end the game experience? Because all who did the exploit made into the palace in way less time than normal.

But wait a moment: how long it would take to do it normally?

AcceleratedIdeas on Youtube did it one of these days. 27 hours. DUDE.

And he did by using the Tower method. Going in and out of the menu, seeing if the specific character is bottom tower, fatality, and then selecting tower in the second match. All of this took TWENTY SEVEN HOURS.

Imagine doing this naturally, no counting.

So I think the real ethic question it raises is: is it ok to give up 27 hours (at the least) of our lives for this? Is this really content? Can we waste all this time and say we actually played content?

That's why someone getting banned for this would be reaaaaaaaaaally ridiculous IMO. I hope nobody gets punished. I think this is a hint for NRS to never again do this kind of grinding. This isn't offering content. I love the game, but this is one huge sin for them.

If they actually made something worthy of doing over and over (ex.: I love AI Battle. It's relaxing, it's nice, I don't play as good as AI, but it's great. I'll be doing this as long as I can, when I have time, patience, etc.). Now putting something that's extremely exhausting, Idk, I think this is bad and should never happen again.

Otherwise exploits like this will pop up every time and people will do it. Of course I'm not saying they should endorse, but c'mon, people do it not because it's easy, but because it's way easier than something that would take ridiculous amount of void time.

All this glitch thing raises interesting questions about some kind of ethics.

Is it fair to exploit the game to get there? I mean, it does not only garantees a trophy, but unlocks Shang Tsung's Palace, that renders a lot of things, and also another trophy.

It also raises the question: this kind of thing can end the game experience? Because all who did the exploit made into the palace in way less time than normal.

But wait a moment: how long it would take to do it normally?

AcceleratedIdeas on Youtube did it one of these days. 27 hours. DUDE.

And he did by using the Tower method. Going in and out of the menu, seeing if the specific character is bottom tower, fatality, and then selecting tower in the second match. All of this took TWENTY SEVEN HOURS.

Imagine doing this naturally, no counting.

So I think the real ethic question it raises is: is it ok to give up 27 hours (at the least) of our lives for this? Is this really content? Can we waste all this time and say we actually played content?

That's why someone getting banned for this would be reaaaaaaaaaally ridiculous IMO. I hope nobody gets punished. I think this is a hint for NRS to never again do this kind of grinding. This isn't offering content. I love the game, but this is one huge sin for them.

If they actually made something worthy of doing over and over (ex.: I love AI Battle. It's relaxing, it's nice, I don't play as good as AI, but it's great. I'll be doing this as long as I can, when I have time, patience, etc.). Now putting something that's extremely exhausting, Idk, I think this is bad and should never happen again.

Otherwise exploits like this will pop up every time and people will do it. Of course I'm not saying they should endorse, but c'mon, people do it not because it's easy, but because it's way easier than something that would take ridiculous amount of void time.
Well? It got patched. No surprises there.

I'm trying to remember how long it took for the Mobile Unlock Exploit to get patched. Using that was completely understandable for Android users because they were left hanging out to dry for a whole month waiting for that app.

The stuff you get from those head chests isn't worth 27 hours of anyones time. I don't regret using the glitch to unlock them.

Robocop is a cyborg like Cyrax and Sektor. He also fits the over the top violent tone that MK has and has a crossover with The Terminator. It won't surprise me if he shows up as DLC later.

But why are NRS taking their time and won't reveal the kombat pack. In MKX they revealed it (I think) one week before MKX launched. At least I have enough to do in MK11. Thanks to the grind.

Hey, uh... Idk if anyone already said this but... Why wasn't there a young Sub Zero that was brought back? I'm fairly sure he would have been halfway robotized ... I think he would have worked as a legacy skin for Frost.

I mean I can assume Reptile just sat by and just watched.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

go8kkff4ntv21.jpg

Nice!

I was thinking either Kronika or Cetrion. But it was just Jade's mother.

Maybe she'll be playable in MK12 along with Argus and Delia. Hopefully.

I also hope I'll be able to play as Kronika in a future MK game.

Regarding MK11, I'm so glad to main Cetrion and Jade.

HOWEVER, Kitana seems to be VERY SLUGGISH when it comes to game play.

But why are NRS taking their time and won't reveal the kombat pack. In MKX they revealed it (I think) one week before MKX launched. At least I have enough to do in MK11. Thanks to the grind.

I have two theories:

A) They're saving the reveal for E3 - which is close.

B) Boon saw how much heat other fighting games get (and MKX got) for revealing DLC before the game is even out (and I think it was hypocritical of Boon to question Namco's timing of DLC announcements in SC6), and decided to announce DLC long after the game is out in order to give the impression that nothing was held back - and all DLC content was released after the game itself was released.

Frankly, I don't care when they will announce it. I just want to see the 19 DLC/three Kombat Packs switch leak end up becoming a reality.

B) Boon saw how much heat other fighting games get (and MKX got) for revealing DLC before the game is even out (and I think it was hypocritical of Boon to question Namco's timing of DLC announcements in SC6), and decided to announce DLC long after the game is out in order to give the impression that nothing was held back - and all DLC content was released after the game itself was released.

If that was the case, then why did Boon even bother to announce that Shang Tsung is DLC prior to the game coming out?
Why not just say that Shang Tsung is your Krypt guide and just be done with it? Surprise everyone later with Shang Tsung being DLC.

On another note:

You can buy the individual character Towers (to the far left in the Towers Of Time) with Koins (the ones that go for 25K) and not lose progress on the other character Towers.
Meaning, you can unlock Cetrion's Tower for 25K (for example) then buy Skarlet's, and you'll still get Tower requirements done for Cetrion if you're using her in other Towers, even if her Tower is not the active one at the moment.

This may seem like a "no shit, Sherlock" type of thing, but it didn't seem that obvious to me, and it makes the individual character Towers less grindy imo, especially if you have multiple characters that you use as AI to run the ToT Towers.

If that was the case, then why did Boon even bother to announce that Shang Tsung is DLC prior to the game coming out? Why not just say that Shang Tsung is your Krypt guide and just be done with it? Surprise everyone later with Shang Tsung being DLC.

(shrugs) Maybe they didn't want us to think that they hired the likeness of the actor only for a ten second clip? Maybe they thought that this particular inclusion would hype the game without many people being butthurt over the announcement of a DLC character before the game's release. In any case, there were people commenting that they hated that Shang Tsung was DLC and that he 'should be free' because he was in the base roster in older games. Flawless logic.

Sorry for double posting but this must be very highlighted:

GLITCH TO NOT WASTE 27H+ ON HEADS ON A PIKE (WARRIOR SHRINE)

I would do it now, before Kronika patches it. I did actually.

do i need something before this will work? i tried the holding x thing and nothing happens. theyre all locked.

I'm still saving up to get 10K f*&$ing souls to unlock that puzzle in the Kytinn Hive, and I only have half of that amount.

Had I known prior that the 10K souls would be needed for The Forge, to access another area of the Krypt after I used the Dragon Amulet, I wouldn't have gone around opening up the 100 soul things around the rest of the Krypt. FML.

More grinding for this shit, just to have the whole Krypt unlocked, because with my luck since all of it is random (except the Shao Kahn head chests), the Brutalities, gear, augments and skins that I want for Geras will probably be locked behind that horseshit Kytinn puzzle.