Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I'll continue to take everything with a grain of salt until it's officially unveiled or there's a data mine providing more concrete evidence.
While it would be great to have Havik and Daegon as playable DLC or on a story mode, I'm not getting my hopes up just to be let down if it doesn't.
I'd rather be cautiously skeptical and then later be pleasantly surprised if it does happen, rather than getting my hopes up for no reason.

If this is true, I hope the NPCs would still be DLC towards the end of MK11.

Like I understand Havik, but people are really asking for Ashrah and Nitara.

Nitara is completely useless now that Skarlett exists and Ashrah is bootleg Sareena, and Sareena is already a bum character herself. I'd take an arcade veteran over these weak ass nobodies anyday.

Yeah, and I think that if they can make Sub-Zero and Frost different from each other in MK11 and Kenshi and Ermac different from each other in this new era (MK9 and MKX), then I don't see why characters like Ashrah and Sareena or Nitara and Skarlet can't also be made different from each other.
Cetrion, Kitana and Kung Lao have all had wind moves in the past, but that didn't deconfirm Fujin for MK11.

I think the issue (in general) for people outside of this forum that complain about the 3D era are people who are still thinking of NRS in terms of being Midway, when the fact has been that (despite how you feel about story mode) the playable characters themselves have had awesome revamps from MK9 through MK11.
We're not dealing with the same era of Midway where a majority of the characters in Armageddon felt-half assed because they were rushed.
Despite how people feel about characters that have been either included or excluded, all of the characters worked on have been given a very good attention to detail.
Some of those 3D era characters being done right in today's fighting engine could get as much love as MK9 and MKX Kenshi, MKX Tanya and Tremor, or even MK11 Fujin.

And my point is that it'll continue that way because that's essentially what MK is. Even MKD is basically Trilogy roster. People mostly get MK for these classic characters, not 3D era or the absolute pointless NuEra characters. It's just what it is. The rest is an afterthought, really.

By the way do not misunderstand, I actually agree with you somewhat. A game where it's not the same recurring spam would be great. Unfortunately it's an opinion of a minority. :lol:

Don't know what you were trying to say in the last paragraph.

I get that klassics sell, but if they sell better as DLC then put more 3D era characters on the main roster in that case.
I don't see an issue with having more balance between MK1 thru UMK3 / post-MK3 / new era.
MKX also had a decent amount of post-MK3 / 3D era characters on the roster when all of the DLC was said and done, and it also did really well in sales.
MK11 sold 8 million copies without Mileena or Rain and while a good portion of those sales also had to do with guest and klassic characters, my point is that MK11 shipped with 6 less klassic characters than what we will have now and still did well.

What I was getting at was that part you pointed out about not wanting every game to be the same recurring spam. I've seen people on social media using the excuse of "lots of people who got introduced to the series with MK9 are people who don't know about characters beyond MK3," but then that bunch of BS doesn't explain the sheer amount of people begging for post-MK3 and 3D era characters (like Fujin, Tremor Havik) ever since MK9 and MKX. Tremor himself had a 5,300+ person petition, which is a lot.

As for that last paragraph, I'm sorry if that wasn't your intention and maybe I just took it the wrong way.

Last edited:
I think the story leak on Havik and Daegon sounds terrible. Do we need to reset the timeline again? I do like how the Aftermath story ended with Liu Kang resetting time and space for a new timeline. Also, having Shang Tsung being the first and final villain of the trilogy is a neat idea.

I'm taking that "leak" and any other "leak" with a grain of salt until told otherwise, given that the dvdgames person has edited their stuff in the past and that 40+ page thing sounded more like a fanfic than anything else.

While I'd love to see more 3D era characters (especially in regards to story), NRS and the majority of the MK11 fandom seems to fap to UMK3 / MK9 characters, so I have very little faith of seeing Havik and Daegon.
I'd absolutely be fvcking elated if Havik made it, but it's not looking good (imo)
I'm convinced by now that the only reason Fujin was made DLC is because there were constant requests for him between MK9 and MKX, but the rest of the MK11 characters for DLC are either guests or from MK9.
The rest of the MK11 characters for DLC will probably be a combination of either Reptile, Smoke, Ermac, Cyrax or Sektor and a 6th and final guest to finish off the content for the game.
If Aftermath really is the epilogue / final conclusion for MK11 and another MK game won't be here for a while, I suspect that that's how the DLC will go.
The people who would have wanted MK11 to have the majority of the MK9 roster will likely get that, and then NRS will move onto Injustice 3 or whatever is next.

I get that klassics sell, but if they sell better as DLC then put more 3D era characters on the main roster in that case.
I don't see an issue with having more balance between MK1 thru UMK3 / post-MK3 / new era.
MKX also had a decent amount of post-MK3 / 3D era characters on the roster when all of the DLC was said and done, and it also did really well in sales.
MK11 sold 8 million copies without Mileena or Rain and while a good portion of those sales also had to do with guest and klassic characters, my point is that MK11 shipped with 6 less klassic characters than what we will have now and still did well.

What I was getting at was that part you pointed out about not wanting every game to be the same recurring spam. I've seen people on social media using the excuse of "lots of people who got introduced to the series with MK9 are people who don't know about characters beyond MK3," but then that bunch of BS doesn't explain the sheer amount of people begging for post-MK3 and 3D era characters (like Fujin, Tremor Havik) ever since MK9 and MKX. Tremor himself had a 5,300+ person petition, which is a lot.

As for that last paragraph, I'm sorry if that wasn't your intention and maybe I just took it the wrong way.

I agree, what you're saying makes sense. If I had to guess why they're doing this?

A) Keeping it safe. MKX sold 11 million according to Ed, still more than MK11 with less content and updates, 3 platforms instead of 4. Plus MK11 PC situation is a massive scam, but it earned them around 1-2million of sales. That's what constant 30-75% off since Month 2 after release does, it pumps those numbers up :rofl: They had to top MKX somehow, and people did complain a lot about MKX roster not having enough classic characters. Honestly MK11's sales aren't exactly recording breaking, got outsold by Borderlands 3 initially, didn't have competition like GTA5, and Fall Guys is now sitting at a 5-10mil mark. That's just on PC, an indie title, almost zero marketing and of course a "franchise" that didn't have 11 games.

B) MK9 got removed. They were fully aware this would happen. People would want that classic experience again, but wouldn't have any other options. Plus I think NRS/WB has some sort of a bone to pick with that game. :lol:

C) Now we all know that Ed's word is as good as a turd dispensed into the toilet bowl (as he now basically confirmed with that Mileena tweet), but he did say they try to do something new with each game. MKX was a departure from their classic formula, they couldn't have done it again.

D) Everyone knows the classic cast like the palm of their hand. MK is MK because of the Trilogy.

As for petitions.... You had Shaggy petition for MK11 which had 380k signatures, then you had a petition like this... Petitions mean jack. Tremor got added because people yelled about him ever since MK9 (and he was there in the Vita version). Fans also wanted more ninjas. It was a no brainer, really. Which is funny that Mileena gets so much shit now, accusing of "harassing" (this word lost all meaning now) the devs, meanwhile other characters get a pass.

Last edited:
D) Everyone knows the classic cast like the palm of their hand. MK is MK because of the Trilogy.

As for petitions.... You had Shaggy petition for MK11 which had 380k signatures, then you had a petition like this... Petitions mean jack. Tremor got added because people yelled about him ever since MK9 (and he was there in the Vita version). Fans also wanted more ninjas. It was a no brainer, really. Which is funny that Mileena gets so much shit now, accusing of "harassing" (this word lost all meaning now) the devs, meanwhile other characters get a pass.

Well, then, if MK12 is also going to follow the same pattern of the same recurring spam, then unfortunately MK11 may be my last MK game.
This is the reason why I think that KP3 (if it's being done) will have Cyrax, Sektor, Reptile, Ermac and human Smoke as the last 5 DLC characters for MK11, to round out the rest of the MK9 cast. No one really gives a shit about Stryker as much, and Robocop is essentially cyber Stryker in MK11.
Kind of sucks, too, because this is the only fighting game franchise that I've ever followed so closely over the better part of 3 decades. It's been fun, but I don't need to have the majority of the MK9 cast in each MK game, and after 3 straight games with 20+ MK9 characters and hardly any love for the 3D era, the whole overall IP (for me) has gotten stale. Yeah, Kenshi and Shinnok got love in MKX as well, but they're on the main roster, which itself is safe. Tremor was begged / petitioned for, so he also wasn't a risk to put in for DLC. Tanya was asked for a lot, not as much as Fujin, but still a lot. Bo Rai Cho was probably the only risky DLC character for MKX.
As for MK11, Frost was on the main roster for a game that already had a safe main roster and Fujin has been asked for a lot on social media ever since MK9.
I've never argued against the Trilogy era being responsible for what it is today, but it's just a shame that the series can't seem evolve beyond that.....

- Kotal Kahn? Cool as fvck character, only for him to be treated like a loser in MKX, then again in his own gameplay trailer for MK11, he then gives up the throne to Kitana and finally he's treated like shit (YET AGAIN) by getting killed at tghe hands of Shao Kahn in Aftermath.
Why the fvck bother with him, to begin with, then?

- Takeda? Cool as fvck character, only for him to get a 1 game appearance and then be one-and-done.

- Ferra / Torr? Pretty awesome characters to play as, but people shat on them and never gave them a chance, and even after story mode I still don't really know much about them. Who are these characters, honestly? They were also one-and-done characters, sadly.

- D'Vorah? They tried to give her some importance by having her kill off some iconic characters, only for the deaths to be worth less than 2 shits within the next game.

- Kung Jin? Another cool character, but again just living in the shadow of Kung Lao and another character that they didn't give enough of a shit about to bring back to MK11.

- Jacqui? She got a hell of a revamp in game play and I liked that whole arc of her getting a chance to see what Jax was like when he was younger (during the MKII part of the MK9 storyline), but again, people shit on her and aren't willing to give her a chance because on reddit or social media it's always "fvck Jacqui, because......"

- Erron Black is nothing more than the same jobber that we has in MKX, and he didn't have much development, either.

- Cassie Cage is probably the better developed out of all of them in gameplay & stroy (along with Jacqui, imo), but even still, people aren't willing to give her the time of day.

EDIT:
As for the MK11 newcomers:

Geras is a pretty awesome gameplay character, imo, but he didn't get as much character development love, as he's just another jobber like Noob, Frost and Cetrion. Speaking of Cetrion....

Cetrion is a cool character in gameplay, but she has little to no character development and is just another "yes" henchwoman and pushed to the side in favor of evil, Liu Kang, Kitana and Kung Lao.

Kollector? Another fun as shit character to play as, but people constantly shit on him and blamed him on reddit and other social media for characters like Reptile, Ermac and Smoke not being in (which I don't know how someone makes that connection). Here's another cool character when it comes to gameplay and aesthetics, but NRS didn't give a shit to develop him beyond just being a 2-dimensional "yes' man / henchman.

Last edited:
And it's for this reason that MK revolves around the Trilogy.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

People give you a lot of shit for some reason, but it's the truth. All MK games basically revolve around Trilogy. Even MKD. Liu Kang, Raiden, Mileena, Jade, Sindel, Scorpion, Sub-Zero... With this game being the prime example. Liu Kang/Raiden have been done to death, and yet they keep getting the spot light all the time. It revovles around Trilogy so much so that the writers have some sort of a vendetta against the classic characters, so what do they do? They ruin them, instead of making new characters that don't suck.

@Commander I have no faith in NRS NuEra characters especially after that Kotal Kuck being treated like absolute dogshit in this game. Fact is, I can't stand my favorite classic characters either with this iteration. You kinda lucked out with Fujin, from what I've seen they didn't screw around with him too much. :lol: Thing is, in 4 years time, when the next game will get announced....you can bet it's going to be Trilogy focused too. As I explained before that's just what MK is. You'll get some 3D Era characters and etc, but they won't be the focus for sure.

@Commander I have no faith in NRS NuEra characters especially after that Kotal Kuck being treated like absolute dogshit in this game. Fact is, I can't stand my favorite classic characters either with this iteration. You kinda lucked out with Fujin, from what I've seen they didn't screw around with him too much. :lol: Thing is, in 4 years time, when the next game will get announced....you can bet it's going to be Trilogy focused too. As I explained before that's just what MK is. You'll get some 3D Era characters and etc, but they won't be the focus for sure.

And that's a shame.
It's also not a lot of characters that I'd like to see, but I was hoping that we'd get 7 or 8 characters from the 3D era for this game, which is slightly more than last game (at about 6, depending on if you consider Tremor to truly be post-MK3. I do).
I mean, I wouldn't mind having less 3D era characters if they didn't treat all of the other newer characters (from MKX and MK11) like utter dog shit. I just figured that if they don't give a shit for the new characters or if they're going to treat them like hot garbage anyways, then they might as well just put the 3D era ones in for either this game or for MK12.
I'm not hoping for the 3D ones to be the central focus, but at least a little more spotlight and / or develop the 11 new characters from MKX and MK11 better, and give me a reason to care about them.
Speaking of..... this Rain trailer is what, the 6th or 7th time that Kotal Kahn gets treated like shit in yet another video?

And that's a shame.
It's also not a lot of characters that I'd like to see, but I was hoping that we'd get 7 or 8 characters from the 3D era for this game, which is slightly more than last game (at about 6, depending on if you consider Tremor to truly be post-MK3. I do).
I mean, I wouldn't mind having less 3D era characters if they didn't treat all of the other newer characters (from MKX and MK11) like utter dog shit. I just figured that if they don't give a shit for the new characters or if they're going to treat them like hot garbage anyways, then they might as well just put the 3D era ones in for either this game or for MK12.
I'm not hoping for the 3D ones to be the central focus, but at least a little more spotlight and / or develop the 11 new characters from MKX and MK11 better, and give me a reason to care about them.
Speaking of..... this Rain trailer is what, the 6th or 7th time that Kotal Kahn gets treated like shit in yet another video?

Yeah. The dude is pretty much the loser of Mortal Kombat.

That intro of his has no weight at all. "I don't need neither of them to beat you." Big words for the guy that got killed in his own reveal trailer and was beaten like a sick dog during entire MK11 "story line".

Some people say that I got screwed with Frost, but boy did Kotal Kuck receive the short end of the stick. This guy has no other purpose, but to act like a comedy relief. Frost is just a useless moron, but Kotal is a punching bag, cuck, an idiot and a coward. He isn't even a jobber. He can't get shit done aside being beaten and dying.

And that's a shame.

Sure. It's not like they would have to regurgitate the 3D Era onto the roster either, most of the 3D characters suck ass let's be honest here. Kobra, Hsu Hao, Kira, Darrius, Dairou.... A lot of trash as you can see. Some of them they've already done as well so the selection becomes even narrower.

As for Rain, I think he looks ok though not a fan of his voice. Used to main the bastard in UMK3 when I was a kid :lol: And yes, Kotal Kuck got pummeled once again... It's hilarious how he brings up Reptile and Ermac, "not needing their help", and gets absolutely destroyed. That's right he out-jobbered the series staple jobbers. Kotal Kuck is officially Hsu Hao/Kobra level of trash. It's too bad he ONLY got his spine broken and decapitated in story mode! Shao Kahn needs to maul his face in the next DLC :lol:

Yeah. The dude is pretty much the loser of Mortal Kombat.

That intro of his has no weight at all. "I don't need neither of them to beat you." Big words for the guy that got killed in his own reveal trailer and was beaten like a sick dog during entire MK11 "story line".

Some people say that I got screwed with Frost, but boy did Kotal Kuck receive the short end of the stick. This guy has no other purpose, but to act like a comedy relief. Frost is just a useless moron, but Kotal is a punching bag, cuck, an idiot and a coward. He isn't even a jobber. He can't get shit done aside being beaten and dying.

Agreed 100%. Intros stopped holding a lot of weight for me when Frost, Cetrion and other characters gloated about defeating / killing Fujin and he still appeared.
People have begun to wonder if this de-confirms Reptile and Ermac, but I don't think it does.
Instead (based off of Fujin), I think that it serves more to show that they have a bigger chance of making it in.
The ONLY intro that still holds some weight for me is the one about Geras escaping the leviathan, because we can see the creature in the Sea Of Blood stage. Although, some have pointed out that the leviathan is there prior to Raiden shoving him off of Kharon's boat, and if that's the case then that one is still up in the air for me.

As for Kotal, it's a damn shame, too, because his MKX comics counterpart was badass as fvck.
Slaughtering people left and right and not taking shit from anyone.
He was a ruthless badass, and yet we get a turd in MK11.

Sure. It's not like they would have to regurgitate the 3D Era onto the roster either, most of the 3D characters suck ass let's be honest here. Kobra, Hsu Hao, Kira, Darrius, Dairou.... A lot of trash as you can see. Some of them they've already done as well so the selection becomes even narrower.

As for Rain, I think he looks ok though not a fan of his voice. Used to main the bastard in UMK3 when I was a kid :lol: And yes, Kotal Kuck got pummeled once again... It's hilarious how he brings up Reptile and Ermac, "not needing their help", and gets absolutely destroyed. That's right he out-jobbered the series staple jobbers. Kotal Kuck is officially Hsu Hao/Kobra level of trash. It's too bad he ONLY got his spine broken and decapitated in story mode! Shao Kahn needs to maul his face in the next DLC :lol:

I'm not a fan of many of those characters that you mentioned in their original debut game(s), but after what they did for the 3D era characters in MK9, MKX and MK11 (aside from Frost, sucks that they mutilated her like that) I'm willing to give any of those characters as well as Havik, Reiko, Daegon, Li Mei and Sareena another chance.
Hell, the MKX comics actually made me give a shit for Daegon and Reiko.
I thought that that was an awesome storyline with the blood daggers in the comics.

Regarding Rain, yes he's also impressed me more than I thought he would, ngl.
And yeah, it sucks that that's what they reduced Kotal Kahn to: nothing more than the dying Johnny Cage fodder / running joke character of the old timeline for this new timeline.
It just sucks that we got 11 new characters between MKX and MK11, though, and NRS only managed to make me care enough for 6 of them.

When it comes to Post-MK3 characters being added, they are normally the ones with a big fanbase. Fujin, Frost, Kenshin, Havik, Reiko, and Tanya do have vocal fans meanwhile the others really don't. Daegon and Taven being DLC would be a huge head scratcher because they are characters that no one is really asking for. Even Bo Rai Cho made many people go "Huh?" in MKX because he is a very divisived with fans and no one was really asking for him.

Didn't Deadly Alliance and Deception increase in sales without a good chunk of the trilogy cast? IIRC Even Armageddon made more than enough money back, Midway just didn't manage their money well.

Good sale numbers does not mean good games. I do remember when people were hating on the 3D trilogy games for the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube at the time. You had people that were like "MK is now dead forever" and "The 3D gameplay has ruined Mortal Kombat". MK9 help the series became popular again and people didn't look at the series as a joke anymore.

Last edited:
When it comes to Post-MK3 characters being added, they are normally the ones with a big fanbase. Fujin, Frost, Kenshin, Havik, Reiko, and Tanya do have vocal fans meanwhile the others really don't. Daegon and Taven being DLC would be a huge head scratcher because they are characters that no one is really asking for. Even Bo Rai Cho made many people go "Huh?" in MKX because he is a very divisived with fans and no one was really asking for him.

Yeah, and the with the MKX roster it felt like they took risks with non-Trilogy characters in both the main roster and DLC, whereas the MK11 choices for both the main roster and for DLC are very safe.
The 3D era characters that you listed DO have vocal fans, but they're not AS vocal as the UMK3 / Trilogy fanbase, so that's likely what will be put in for future DLC.
Out of 12 characters for DLC the only character that maaaaaaaaybe is risky is Sheeva, and even then she falls under the UMK3 umbrella so people will give her a pass.
6 out of 12 characters are from MK9, another 5 are guests and the 1 from post-MK3 is the one people have been asking for ever since MK9, for the past 9 years.

I mean, lets say that you have these 2 scenarios:

- KP3 that has either 4 out of these 5 -- Reptile, Ermac, human Smoke, Cyrax or Sektor and 1 guest

OR

- KP3 that has either 4 out of these 5 -- Havik, Reiko, Daegon, Sareena or Li Mei and 1 guest

Which one do you think that people will flood to and buy in droves?
THAT right there is why I have 0 faith in seeing more post-3D era characters for MK11.
The reason I split it up like that, btw, is because the supposed dvdgames "leak" (and I use that word lightly) has Havik, Reiko, Daegon, Takeda and Taven / Shinnok in it, so those 5 that I listed above aren't that far removed from what this supposed "leak" is stating.

Last edited:
Technically, MK Armageddon didn't have the entire cast at the time from all games. Tremor, Kia, Jataaka, the fire god, the earth god, and the water god were missing.

Well, then, if MK12 is also going to follow the same pattern of the same recurring spam, then unfortunately MK11 may be my last MK game.
This is the reason why I think that KP3 (if it's being done) will have Cyrax, Sektor, Reptile, Ermac and human Smoke as the last 5 DLC characters for MK11, to round out the rest of the MK9 cast. No one really gives a shit about Stryker as much, and Robocop is essentially cyber Stryker in MK11.
Kind of sucks, too, because this is the only fighting game franchise that I've ever followed so closely over the better part of 3 decades. It's been fun, but I don't need to have the majority of the MK9 cast in each MK game, and after 3 straight games with 20+ MK9 characters and hardly any love for the 3D era, the whole overall IP (for me) has gotten stale. Yeah, Kenshi and Shinnok got love in MKX as well, but they're on the main roster, which itself is safe. Tremor was begged / petitioned for, so he also wasn't a risk to put in for DLC. Tanya was asked for a lot, not as much as Fujin, but still a lot. Bo Rai Cho was probably the only risky DLC character for MKX.
As for MK11, Frost was on the main roster for a game that already had a safe main roster and Fujin has been asked for a lot on social media ever since MK9.
I've never argued against the Trilogy era being responsible for what it is today, but it's just a shame that the series can't seem evolve beyond that.....

- Kotal Kahn? Cool as fvck character, only for him to be treated like a loser in MKX, then again in his own gameplay trailer for MK11, he then gives up the throne to Kitana and finally he's treated like shit (YET AGAIN) by getting killed at tghe hands of Shao Kahn in Aftermath.
Why the fvck bother with him, to begin with, then?

- Takeda? Cool as fvck character, only for him to get a 1 game appearance and then be one-and-done.

- Ferra / Torr? Pretty awesome characters to play as, but people shat on them and never gave them a chance, and even after story mode I still don't really know much about them. Who are these characters, honestly? They were also one-and-done characters, sadly.

- D'Vorah? They tried to give her some importance by having her kill off some iconic characters, only for the deaths to be worth less than 2 shits within the next game.

- Kung Jin? Another cool character, but again just living in the shadow of Kung Lao and another character that they didn't give enough of a shit about to bring back to MK11.

- Jacqui? She got a hell of a revamp in game play and I liked that whole arc of her getting a chance to see what Jax was like when he was younger (during the MKII part of the MK9 storyline), but again, people shit on her and aren't willing to give her a chance because on reddit or social media it's always "fvck Jacqui, because......"

- Erron Black is nothing more than the same jobber that we has in MKX, and he didn't have much development, either.

- Cassie Cage is probably the better developed out of all of them in gameplay & stroy (along with Jacqui, imo), but even still, people aren't willing to give her the time of day.

EDIT:
As for the MK11 newcomers:

Geras is a pretty awesome gameplay character, imo, but he didn't get as much character development love, as he's just another jobber like Noob, Frost and Cetrion. Speaking of Cetrion....

Cetrion is a cool character in gameplay, but she has little to no character development and is just another "yes" henchwoman and pushed to the side in favor of evil, Liu Kang, Kitana and Kung Lao.

Kollector? Another fun as shit character to play as, but people constantly shit on him and blamed him on reddit and other social media for characters like Reptile, Ermac and Smoke not being in (which I don't know how someone makes that connection). Here's another cool character when it comes to gameplay and aesthetics, but NRS didn't give a shit to develop him beyond just being a 2-dimensional "yes' man / henchman.

You hit the spot on everything you said. I'm a die hard passionate MK fan, its my favorite franchise of all the time.WB ruined this franchise for me the whole franchise turned into a big cash grab to lure in the stupid kasuals who only buy MK because of some guests. To be honest none of the MK games under WB wasn't anything special, MK9 was overrated af, MKX was aiight not too bad but again it wasn't anything to rant about either, and MK11 was trash. And after I seen that kombat pack I I'm done. Only two 3D era characters in the roster unacceptable and just a slap in the face to the hardcore fans. Ed is one trick pony he has to keep relying on the whole trilogy cast and gimmicky guest every game because he isn't creative. Ed has always sucked at developing characters post MK3 who werent Quan chi and Kenshi and that's only because he has a massive boner for them two, its a reason why you see a new character getting dropped in the following game. Everything has just turned to shit since WB acquire the IP. The series is way too predictable now, MK doesn't even feel like MK anymore its lost that mythical feeling and now turned into some dude bro sci-fi shooter.

Technically, MK Armageddon didn't have the entire cast at the time from all games. Tremor, Kia, Jataaka, the fire god, the earth god, and the water god were missing.

Don't be THAT person.
Tremor, Kia, Jataaka, the fire god, the earth god, and the water god weren't ever playable in MK games at that time, so yes, the entire cast of playable characters up to that point was in Armageddon.