Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

To me the real gold is that he said *everything* was going according to Kronika's plan.

That means that MK1-MK:A was ok, because Raiden would go back and fix things. Who knows if she didn't give him that amulet, right?

Now, the real problem was cutting Shinnok's head off. That's interesting news.

Also, glad Joe asked about Motor and Chess Kombat. Unfortunately they won't be back, but at the least I won't have to expect them and be disappointed.

Kronika is probably on some reborn through destruction type shit. Like I bet the realms get destroyed all the time and are reborn each time. It'd be so cool if there was a moment where Kronika shows Raiden this and we see a bunch of timelines that were all killed off by their own Armagedddon

Also going by the intros, it really looks like they're trying to build up Baraka as more than a jobber. Almost every intro against him shows respect or caution, except Geras.

I'm hoping this dude is finally evolving into an actual threat. Having no NPCs in story mode is worrying though. SOMEBODY has to get their ass beat by the player, and if it isn't an NPC then it has to be one of the main villains. I really hope the hulking, badass Geras isn't getting stomped by Cassie every 20 minutes. The only solution for this really just seems to be to have the villains be playable so at least it's balanced. Johnny Cage doesn't have to win every single fight he's in, you can throw us a chapter where Baraka beats him up but Johnny escapes before he can kill him

Kronika is probably on some reborn through destruction type shit. Like I bet the realms get destroyed all the time and are reborn each time. It'd be so cool if there was a moment where Kronika shows Raiden this and we see a bunch of timelines that were all killed off by their own Armagedddon

Well, according to all NRS interviews, everything was going pretty fine, even MK9, but when Raiden took Shinnok out of picture, he unbalanced good making it way bigger than evil. So I guess she'll start messing old timeline people into the present because they said she wants to reset time and start all over.

But you see, what's interesting is that everything Raiden has done was ok. The real problem, according to Ed, was cutting Shinnok's head, and when they mentioned unbalancing good, I think this makes sense.

I can't rule out the thing that like a broken record I say: Armageddon is inevitable. BUT, the whole Battle of Armageddon thing wouldn't have happened if Shinnok did not corrupt it. So, screw Shao Kahn, Shinnok was the big bad of Armageddon, and no matter what they did to him, he was always there. So I guess cutting his head off was too much.

Hope my boy Shinnok have his villain role made solid in this game, because ma boi Raiden is surely going to rock.

As for the realms, I hope NRS is more clear if the Elder Gods are inside time.

I hope MK11 does premier skins because it would be a good way to bring back characters without wasting a spot. They can easily have Frost be a premier skin for Sub-Zero.

I love the idea of Premier skins, because -- at least theoretically -- it means a lot less work for NRS to create some of the (less unique anyway) characters, so 1. those characters have a chance of being playable again (which they otherwise might never again) and 2. there's more resources left to devote to creating other content.

e.g. if for whatever crazy-ass reason Mavado ever needs to be in an MK game ever again, he can just be a premier skin for Kabal, Kintaro for Goro, Frost for Sub-Zero, Jarek for Kano, Li Mei for Mileena, Jade for Kitana. (Don't @ me.) Maybe even Kai for Liu?

Also going by the intros, it really looks like they're trying to build up Baraka as more than a jobber. Almost every intro against him shows respect or caution, except Geras.

I'm hoping this dude is finally evolving into an actual threat. Having no NPCs in story mode is worrying though. SOMEBODY has to get their ass beat by the player, and if it isn't an NPC then it has to be one of the main villains. I really hope the hulking, badass Geras isn't getting stomped by Cassie every 20 minutes. The only solution for this really just seems to be to have the villains be playable so at least it's balanced. Johnny Cage doesn't have to win every single fight he's in, you can throw us a chapter where Baraka beats him up but Johnny escapes before he can kill him

Have you noticed Baraka has a flag? This is usually to represent a banner, people, etc. And that stage you pointed out to be a Tarkatan village or something. I think Baraka might be into some sort of recognition journey. Or who knows, now that he's dead, Kronika picks up MKII Baraka and throw him into the present, and he has to earn the respect of the Tarkata.

Idk, he seemed to be working for/with Kitana. And to have a stage for him? He surely will be more than an useless character.

I really hope the hulking, badass Geras isn't getting stomped by Cassie every 20 minutes. The only solution for this really just seems to be to have the villains be playable so at least it's balanced. Johnny Cage doesn't have to win every single fight he's in, you can throw us a chapter where Baraka beats him up but Johnny escapes before he can kill him

This 1000%. I honestly don't understand why NRS has been so reluctant to give chapters to characters on the less-than-good side of the spectrum. It would do so much for the villains' credibility to get their own chapter to shine.

I'd love to play as Kano, Shang Tsung, or Revenant Liu Kang for example, and get up to all sorts of villainous bullshit and build them all up as threats while doing it.

As for Baraka, as much as I love the new respect others have for him, with a mug like that he's still a jobber at heart IMO. The most NRS can do is make him less pathetic before and after his defeats.

He doesn't have to be a jobber though. Pre MKX comic Reiko was essentially the same "General" role as Baraka as far as villains go, but he wasn't used as a punching bag every game he was in.

When it comes to beheading Shinnok being the last straw for Kronika, it's kinda hard to say whether the reason it's bad to her is because Shinnnok is important for the battle of Armageddon (which is possible given his actions during that event), or simply because with Shinnok gone there really aren't that many villians left to threaten the realms, creating an odd sort of peace (revenants and murder happy thunder gods aside) that for some reason Kronika can't abide by (hopefully they go into detail as to why this balance is so important to her).

MK is so inconsistent with what is and what isn't fatal. They're doing a bad job at helping me understand why decapitating the God of Death is such a big deal. Like is that really it for Shinnok? "Not even you can kill an Elder God" he says, but I mean he cut your head off just like any other mortal and you seem to be just as incapable afterwards. Does it matter more because Raiden did it with Shinnok's own power or something? It's very confusing and I really doubt they'll explain it.

When it comes to beheading Shinnok being the last straw for Kronika, it's kinda hard to say whether the reason it's bad to her is because Shinnnok is important for the battle of Armageddon (which is possible given his actions during that event), or simply because with Shinnok gone there really aren't that many villians left to threaten the realms, creating an odd sort of peace (revenants and murder happy thunder gods aside) that for some reason Kronika can't abide by (hopefully they go into detail as to why this balance is so important to her).

I think this only makes good and evil in MK something very black and white, and makes Dark Raiden an anti hero as most already saw, not a villain.

He is seen battling Netherrealm forces, Sonya storming the realm, and let's just imagine if he does what his MKX ending said, and notice that one of his intros - considering intros just for the sake of speculation - he is worried about problems in Chaosrealm.

I guess to keep his promise of destroying all those who threaten Earthrealm, he might not wait for someone to pose a threat, but to attack as soon as possible, and despite the fact these acts may look evil - even if he's an anti hero - they may be actually shifting the balance for good (and that doesn't mean that this is ok).

Guess Shinnok should have been imprisoned. Hopes for him to come back? Who knows. It seems Kronika needs him. I wonder if Raiden had not severed his head, what would he do. Go back to Netherrealm and have his ass kicked by Li Mei while planning to destroy the realms? Who knows. But to Raiden not sever his head, he should have stood Light Raiden, but for that Shinnok should not have poisoned the Jinsei.

I'm telling you guys, Raiden is not guilty of anything :shiner:

MK is so inconsistent with what is and what isn't fatal. They're doing a bad job at helping me understand why decapitating the God of Death is such a big deal. Like is that really it for Shinnok? "Not even you can kill an Elder God" he says, but I mean he cut your head off just like any other mortal and you seem to be just as incapable afterwards. Does it matter more because Raiden did it with Shinnok's own power or something? It's very confusing and I really doubt they'll explain it.

He surely was never creative with another immortal being. I think the big deal is not because he was decapitated, but because this happened, he's out of game, and he should be "father of all evil".

However, he doesn't stay as incapable, because he is actually alive. I think the real bad thing here is that Raiden is probably going to purge all evil of existence, and he started with the greatest evil of all (and I'm not exaggerating, Shao Kahn being purged was totally ok for Kronika).

Last edited: