Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I'm thinking over and over about the info we have been given about Kronika.

It bugs me that she wanted Shinnok to be the ultimate victor. What would she achieve? He would totally merge the realms and the One Being would devour the Elder Gods.

And if she wants to reset time, well, that would only point towards the beggining of everything. Everytime I overthink about this I believe boss Kronika will be One Being something, and that would absolutely fit the "boss of bosses" thing.

But I'm still wondering, despite the lack of info: what woudl she gain with Shinnok winning? There's got to be something more than "balance of good and evil", since Shinnok winning would be end of all things.

Also, bringing back again the truth of death. Killing everybody might have a different perspective now. Because that was his plan, the reality to have an end. With this little information, it seems she's going to just continue his plan, like they were both thinking the same all the time.

I want to bad to play this story lol

It is not about Shinnok being the ultimate Victor. The original Timeline history, was supposed to be the OG one. It was supposed to be the correct one.

It is not that Kronika came in just for Shinnok. She came, cause Shinnok was the last straw for her. Shao Kahn wasn't supposed to die either, but because he did, Shinnok was supposed to balance everything out and bring the intended outcome. But Raiden stopped that too. So now she is pissed.

One Being for her is just another event. One Being doesn't mean destruction of time.

To support this theory, you can also listen to Sonya's and Geras conversation. According to him, Cassie defies Fate. In original timeline Sonya and Cage never got together and Casie was never born, hence she is an anomaly that is not supposed to exist in the first place.

Also another reason why Kronika didn't come sooner, is that Raiden might have tricked her with "He must win". He was refering to Shao Kahn. And it seems that fit the original bill, right? Shao Kahn defeats Raiden and wins. And that pretty much happened, except Elder Gods intervened at the very last second. So Kronika is now sitting and waiting for the Armageddon. Sipping her Time Tea or something and looks at her watch only to see that Armageddon is past due. She checks the timeline and sees Shao Kahn dead, Shinnok beheaded and literally goes WTF.

And the balance she speaks about... original sides of Light and Darkness are a mess. Some fighters are now on the wrong side, or they are simply dead.

Seriously the more you compare original timeline with new one... no wonder Kronika is flipping tables everywhere.

It is not about Shinnok being the ultimate Victor. The original Timeline history, was supposed to be the OG one. It was supposed to be the correct one.

It is not that Kronika came in just for Shinnok. She came, cause Shinnok was the last straw for her. Shao Kahn wasn't supposed to die either, but because he did, Shinnok was supposed to balance everything out and bring the intended outcome. But Raiden stopped that too. So now she is pissed.

One Being for her is just another event. One Being doesn't mean destruction of time.

To support this theory, you can also listen to Sonya's and Geras conversation. According to him, Cassie defies Fate. In original timeline Sonya and Cage never got together and Casie was never born, hence she is an anomaly that is not supposed to exist in the first place.

Also another reason why Kronika didn't come sooner, is that Raiden might have tricked her with "He must win". He was refering to Shao Kahn. And it seems that fit the original bill, right? Shao Kahn defeats Raiden and wins. And that pretty much happened, except Elder Gods intervened at the very last second. So Kronika is now sitting and waiting for the Armageddon. Sipping her Time Tea or something and looks at her watch only to see that Armageddon is past due. She checks the timeline and sees Shao Kahn dead, Shinnok beheaded and literally goes WTF.

And the balance she speaks about... original sides of Light and Darkness are a mess. Some fighters are now on the wrong side, or they are simply dead.

Seriously the more you compare original timeline with new one... no wonder Kronika is flipping tables everywhere.

Ed Boon himself mentioned that Kronika wanted Shinnok as the final victor.

And she did come for Shinnok, everything from MK1 to MKX was according to her plan, the problem was Raiden cut his head off and taking the ultimate evil out of balance. As far as we know, Shao Kahn was supposed to die and that was according to her plan, since she wanted Shinnok as the victor, not Shao Kahn.

I brought One Being because Shinnok winning, if his ending was what he meant to do, was to reawaken the One Being and make it devour the Elder Gods. If she wanted that to happen, she surely should bet on Shinnok. Besides, Shinnok is the original architect of the Armageddon, so if she was ok with that, more reason to bet on him. I just wanted to know what she would gain with that when it's notorious that if he won it would be a major unbalance, UNLESS we have been misguided about his intentions since the beginning - and he sorta means that in MK11 prologue.

About time, we don't know if One Being brings the destruction of time or not. We don't know if time works on the Nexus and in Heavens, I mean, what's outside the realms and for that outside of the OB's body.

Ed Boon himself mentioned that Kronika wanted Shinnok as the final victor.

And she did come for Shinnok, everything from MK1 to MKX was according to her plan, the problem was Raiden cut his head off and taking the ultimate evil out of balance. As far as we know, Shao Kahn as supposed to die and that was according to her plan, since she wanted Shinnok as the victor, not Shao Kahn.

I brought One Being because Shinnok winning, if his ending was what he meant to do, was to reawaken the One Being and make it devour the Elder Gods. If she wanted that to happen, she surely should bet on Shinnok. Besides, Shinnok is the original architect of the Armageddon, so if she was ok if that, more reason to bet on him. I just wanted to know what she would gain with that when it's notorious that if he won it would be a major unbalance, UNLESS we have been misguided about his intentions since the beginning - and he sorta means that in MK11 prologue.

About time, we don't know if One Being brings the destruction of time or not. We don't know if time works on the Nexus and in Heavens, I mean, what's outside the realms and for that outside of the OB's body.

According to the lore, in the beginning One Being existed by feeding on Elder Gods. So that means they were in some sort of space. And if there was something happening, then Time definitely existed.

Ed Boon isn't known for consistency. Shao Kahn was the one who was bringing the Armageddon in MK9 not Shinnok.

Sigh... point is. That's the problem, when they don't have a set freaking lore. One thing I never respect, is when a writer/lore creator tries to create a story without creating a proper background first.

According to the lore, in the beginning One Being existed by feeding on Elder Gods. So that means they were in some sort of space. And if there was something happening, then Time definitely existed.

Ed Boon isn't known for consistency. Shao Kahn was the one who was bringing the Armageddon in MK9 not Shinnok.

Sigh... point is. That's the problem, when they don't have a set freaking lore. One thing I never respect, is when a writer/lore creator tries to create a story without creating a proper background first.

Yeah, but the lore does not mention time, I'm not sure we can make this assumption, they are eternal beings, but we surely would enter in a philosophycal discussion of what's time.

His explanation absolutely fits with what Cianciolo said, I see no inconsistency. Everything was fine until Raiden took Shinnok out of game, as his destiny was designed by Kronika of being the final victor.

I said Shinnok was the original architect of Armageddon, even though Shao Kahn was the victor. Shinnok was the founder and leader of Darkness, and he was the one that fulfilled the prophecy of staging the Battle of Armageddon, so in a way he creates the final conflict that ends up with Shao Kahn bringing the Armageddon (and for Earthrealm, according to Kitana's ending).

Pretty much, while other villains took most of the spotlight in the old and new timeline, Shinnok typically played the long game, plotting everything from the shadows, so it's easy to see why he would be the ultimate evil that Kronika would want to ensure the victory of. And yes while Kronika mentions that she felt Raiden interfered with history in the past, apparently this and only this was what threw a wrench in the works for her grand design.

Yeah, but the lore does not mention time, I'm not sure we can make this assumption, they are eternal beings, but we surely would enter in a philosophycal discussion of what's time.

His explanation absolutely fits with what Cianciolo said, I see no inconsistency. Everything was fine until Raiden took Shinnok out of game, as his destiny was designed by Kronika of being the final victor.

I said Shinnok was the original architect of Armageddon, even though Shao Kahn was the victor. Shinnok was the founder and leader of Darkness, and he was the one that fulfilled the prophecy of staging the Battle of Armageddon, so in a way he creates the final conflict that ends up with Shao Kahn bringing the Armageddon (and for Earthrealm, according to Kitana's ending).

So basically you corrected me for no reason.

That was already set that Shinnok was the General of the forces of Darkness. What I am trying to say, is that it isn't necessary for him to be the Victor. "Victory" is the Armageddon itself. That was set on timeline. If Shinnok was beheaded first, then Shao Kahn would have led to Armageddon. But both are out of the game. So Armageddon can't come.

That is hinted by Jade's MK9 ending (seeing how they make story on a go).

What she has to gain? Judging how MK follows every cliche standard... She doesn't like her original timeline messed up. It is set. So as a Goddess of Time, she is supposed to protect the thread of Fate. Armageddon was supposed to happen. Didn't happen. She got pissed.

"According to ancient legend, in the BEGINNING OF TIME, there only existed the One Being and the Elder Gods."

That's easy. NRS doesn't write this deep. Hence why I said. A story with no background, is a receipt for a mess.

Time is time. I can easily bet, that MK11 story won't have anything to do with time being destroyed. That's too deep for MK story. I predict that One Being is the balance. As realms are supposed to be pieces of its consciousness, that means that everything in them. Good and Evil, are part of it. It is one being. If Shinnok and Shao Kahn can't unite realms, then there can't be any balance.

So basically you corrected me for no reason.

That was already set that Shinnok was the General of the forces of Darkness. What I am trying to say, is that it isn't necessary for him to be the Victor. "Victory" is the Armageddon itself. That was set on timeline. If Shinnok was beheaded first, then Shao Kahn would have led to Armageddon. But both are out of the game. So Armageddon can't come.

We don't know if "victory is the Armageddon itself", we don't know so far if Armageddon is something desirable now. It doesn't seem she wanted to destroy realms for now. Kronika was absolutely ok with going until Armageddon, going back to MK1, reorganizing facts, the real problem was cutting Shinnok's head. So yeah, it really seems she wanted *him*.

So if she wanted him as the final victor, that's what I question, because so far there's nowhere that confirms she wanted him as victor of Armageddon, or of anything. The only hint of what he would do to the EG is his ending, and that's pretty bad news (for them).

Armageddon was supposed to happen. Didn't happen. She got pissed.

Nowhere says she got pissed about Armageddon not happening. Who knows if she didn't give Raiden that amulet of his exactly to avoid Armageddon? On the contrary of that, they all said she designed everything that happened EXCEPT taking Shinnok out of game. I could say since he's Armageddon's architect she might want this to happen, but so far that would be a stretch.

Time is time. I can easily bet, that MK11 story won't have anything to do with time being destroyed. That's too deep for MK story. I predict that One Being is the balance. As realms are supposed to be pieces of its consciousness, that means that everything in them. Good and Evil, are part of it. It is one being. If Shinnok and Shao Kahn can't unite realms, then there can't be any balance.

That's another stretch, I can't say evil is part of him, since Shinnok is not part of the One Being, of no realm. And by taking out all other evil beings, Kronika was ok, but Shinnok was the last drop.

Most of these things I still think are all a stretch, too little for us to know so far.

Last edited:
We don't know if "victory is the Armageddon itself", we don't know so far if Armageddon is something desirable now. It doesn't seem she wanted to destroy realms for now. Kronika was absolutely ok with going until Armageddon, going back to MK1, reorganizing facts, the real problem was cutting Shinnok's head. So yeah, it really seems she wanted *him*.

So if she wanted him as the final victor, that's what I question, because so far there's nowhere that confirms she wanted him as victor of Armageddon, or of anything. The only hint of what he would do to the EG is his ending, and that's pretty bad news (for them).

Nowhere says she got pissed about Armageddon not happening. Who knows if she didn't give Raiden that amulet of his exactly to avoid Armageddon? On the contrary of that, they all said she designed everything that happened EXCEPT taking Shinnok out of game. I could say since he's Armageddon's architect she might want this to happen, but so far that would be a stretch.

That's another stretch, I can't say evil is part of him, since Shinnok is not part of the One Being, of no realm. And by taking out all other evil beings, Kronika was ok, but Shinnok was the last drop.

Most of these things I still think are all a stretch, too little for us to know so far.

Yes. Cause Shinnok is the only evil being. Kano, Shao Kahn, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, Sektor. The are just misunderstood guys, with troubled past, who never wanted to hurt anyone. They just need a hug and they will be fine.

I am not stating this entire thing as facts. This is a theory.

I was one of the first guys who called it out, about Kronika being behind all of this stuff. Way before the reveal. I was actually going way deeper, but once I realized that they are just doing present/future thing, I realized that they won't go THAT deep with time. Kronika is just another villain, whose major selling point right now is "first female boss of MK who planned it all". Or like how I would like to call it. "An idea that was born, while eating sandwich after MKX launch".

While I sense that Kittelson will write a quality story, he won't be allowed to go too deep. So Kronika will be a 1 dimensional villain. Like villains before her. So you're thinking too much into this.

And on what do I base this? Well. Few things.

1. If story was about how Raiden's interference, made a crack in time, and created infinite timelines with different histories, then where would be more for Kronika to do. She could be a villain with a reason. There is a chaos, and she only knows one way how to fix it. She actually is trying to save the reality, cause it is becoming too unstable, and in her case she only knows the brute force, but let's say Raiden found a different way, which is a bit more risky, and Kronika is against that, hence the fight between two.

But both epilogues and trailer's already revealed that it is only about two timelines.

2. Roster. Based on the roster we have, I can safely assume, that majority of plot will concentrate on present timeline with characters from the past, paying a visit.

3. They made it clear. that this game will be focusing on Esports. (MKX league made some cash after all). Guess where that puts the story mode?

In short. I expect story to be as entertaining as Injustice 2, but there won't be any space for deeper questions.

So all of this "we don't know if she meant exactly that or that" doesn't really matter, as that would imply that story would have to go pretty deep. But if we just look at past NRS games... Timeline was disturbed, she didn't like that. Hence why she wants to reset the time. To make sure that this time Raiden won't send the message. Basically she wants to throw the dice again.

The only plot twist that I imagine, is that this won't be the first time, she reset the time. Just this time she came really close and Raiden screwed it up.

P.S I welcome the possibility of being SUPER DEAD WRONG. But knowing how they write the stories...
And especially knowing that they haven't established their lore properly. This thing alone, won't allow them to write a sophisticated story.

Last edited:
You guys are theorizing like John Vogel isn't still writing the story. She's gonna end up being Raiden's mother and working for the Tekunin the whole time

You guys are theorizing like John Vogel isn't still writing the story. She's gonna end up being Raiden's mother and working for the Tekunin the whole time

That's pretty much what I am trying to say. The story is pretty much already set. So aside minor "plot twists", we can already pretty much predict what will happen and the actual motivations of the main villains.

Shit... this reminds me of the time I jokingly told my friend the plot of Green Lantern movie (yeah that one), just from watching the trailer. Word by word matched what I said. And the sad part, you don't need to be a genius to do that. They are just that predictable now.

I really wish, that they took a page from other developers, and started solidifying their Lore. Hell even DOOM now gets an expanded universe with set lore. Freaking DOOM. Yet MK world is such a mess. Here is hoping that MK11 will be a final part in this story (sounds like a good trilogy) and MK12 will actually be a reboot with a set and sol... eh sorry. Started daydreaming.

I wish they'd make that MK Encyclopedia.
So many of the old collector's books, collectible cards, bios and lore is all irrelevant now. I'd love an updated and currently canon version of it all.

I wish they'd make that MK Encyclopedia.
So many of the old collector's books, collectible cards, bios and lore is all irrelevant now. I'd love an updated and currently canon version of it all.

1000% agreed to that. World is rich. They could just get a couple of people who would be dedicated to write the lore. All main realms, factions, tribes, set the freaking rules already too. Yeah it would be a big job, but it would make their jobs easier in the future and allow for more sophisticated stories. Because once the rules are set, you can play around with them, create actual plot twists, make huge schemes, give more dimensions to villains of the story... and. Tons of stuff. But noooo.

lol it could all be irrelevant once MK11 comes out and they do a Spectre and make out that Kronika was behind everything and SK and Shinnok are basically powerless. :trytofly:

Because he has Reptiles moveset, plus everyone else's. He's a Saurian too. So he can do all of the tongue lashing, face eating, acid spitting that Reptile can do, just with added ice and fire powers

This is literally the dumbest reasoning behind a statement ever.

I've always felt Reptile should be neutral. I cant any results coming from either good or bad. Seriously the more I think Reptiles story development the angrier I get. NRS has some of the worst writers. Ever.

I was looking forward for them to expand Reptile's role from Kotal's ending. Could've been cool if he did something significant, like kicking Raiden's ass :lol: But meh, it's not going to happen. At best, he's going to be a secret character or DLC. At worst, he's going to skip the game for no reason.

Kronika's plan does not seem to be to the benefit of the heroes. Anyone who would had rather seen Shinnok win over Raiden proves the are a cancer that needs to be eradicated. The very same way I enjoyed Shao Kahn and Shinnok's downfall. I cannot wait to see Kronika suffer the same fate

True. :laugh:

That said, Kittelsen is also writing the game’s story this time around, so I’m hoping for more consistency between the 2 of them for MK11.

While writing in MK has never been Shakespeare, I think it's a little much to immediately assume the story is going to be basic and the villain one dimensional without playing it yet. Like Miscura said I could be wrong here but still. And on the point of having set lore, while the background and lore of MK has been switched around a bit between the old and new timeline, I would say the last few games have stayed pretty consistent in terms overall plot and setting, and with Kittleson on board we might get some solid pacing and characterization as well (if Frost is in, please for the love god don't just make her a power hungry psycho again).

zcSd52Y.jpg

First row: Ninjas (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob, Rain, Smoke, Reptile)

Second row: Raiden and Sindel in the sides, Liu Kang with his best friend, Kug Lao, and Kitana with her best friend, Jade, in the center

Third row: 3D era characters Fujin, Sareena, the gang in the comic (Havik, Reiko, Skarlet)+ Kabal

Fourth row: the Takeda/Daegon/Kenshi/Taven storyline+ Ashrah and a sorceror

Fifth row: Kotal Kahn and his gang (easily the better characters introduced in MKX)

Sixth row: Baraka&Mileena

Seventh row: new+ Shao Kahn

Attachments

• MK11 roster funny faces.jpg
    MK11 roster funny faces.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 49