Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

If Geras does indeed deal with timelines in some fashion like Kronika, I do wonder if they are plotting against each other like some people suggested, sort of like a ying and yang of one wanting to give the altered timeline a chance while the other wishes to set the timeline back to the way it was (or just completely wipe it away).

Hmmm... it could make sense, but somehow I sense Geras is gonna be like a messenger of some sort.

Interesting thoughts on possible outcomes, guys. I must say that I am surprised by NRS with going this direction since I've been sure they wanted to rewrite the old timeline after MK4. This turn with merging timelines gives them a possibility to please both old school and newer fans of the series. Seing different types of same characters could indeed be cool. I hope they'll do it interesting.

What do you think about finishers? So far as we know there will of course be Fatalities and maybe classic ones. But what else? There has been this sort of Hara-Kiri confirmed, hasn't it? But for quitting online I guess. Would you like Animalities to return? Would be pretty cool with Unreal 4 Engine. MK11 is also the third game since the 2011 reboot. As a kid I thought Animality was cool since it was more difficult to do. I'd like it if they did it less ridiculous - Stryker as T-rex etc. Liu Kang could easily turn into a dragon, Nightwolf into a wolf. But since not all characters have a connection to a certain animal it would be difficult.

Animalities were stupid, Scorpion turning into a penguin, sheeva turning into a scorpion, reptile turning into a monkey and some other somebody turning into a reptile...

Yes, but this is what I meant with "less ridiculous".

EDIT: Obviously Shao Kahn is playing a bigger role than being just pre-order bonus. When I've bought MK9 and MKX I already had Kratos and Goro respectively even if I didn't preorder at all. They were stickers on every MK copy sold as "bonus".

But when it says "time is an illusion", maybe it's more complex and less cliche. Maybe Kronika or Geras (if they are indeed called this way as it seems) have a way of pulling out the same kombatants not from different universes, but from different time periods, without having paradoxes. Travelling from the past is way less messy than coming from the future (IF paradoxes are BS).

But if you pull kombatants out from different time periods, don't you create a paradox in itself?
It would be a retcon of sorts.

For example, if Baraka is pulled out right before D'Vorah kills him, wouldn't that essentially create a butterfly effect, as his death at that current period in time probably had to play out the way that it did, in order for certain other events to unfold?

EDIT:

white_ninja said:
But since not all characters have a connection to a certain animal it would be difficult.

Not if it's done with the existing background animals, as I suggested for MKX.

Take, for example, the Kove stage Fatality in MKX with the Kraken.
The same thing could have been done with the Lion in the Outworld stage or the Wolves in the Forrest.

Last edited:
Interesting thoughts on possible outcomes, guys. I must say that I am surprised by NRS with going this direction since I've been sure they wanted to rewrite the old timeline after MK4. This turn with merging timelines gives them a possibility to please both old school and newer fans of the series. Seing different types of same characters could indeed be cool. I hope they'll do it interesting.

What do you think about finishers? So far as we know there will of course be Fatalities and maybe classic ones. But what else? There has been this sort of Hara-Kiri confirmed, hasn't it? But for quitting online I guess. Would you like Animalities to return? Would be pretty cool with Unreal 4 Engine. MK11 is also the third game since the 2011 reboot. As a kid I thought Animality was cool since it was more difficult to do. I'd like it if they did it less ridiculous - Stryker as T-rex etc. Liu Kang could easily turn into a dragon, Nightwolf into a wolf. But since not all characters have a connection to a certain animal it would be difficult.

Exactly, that's where is hype in the air. Both classics and new stuff merging together. One of the main reasons, I am actually interested in the game.

And also possibility of introducing different kinds of characters. Like Mileena alternate versions I mentioned before. So many possibilities and nobody can whine about it, if the theme of the game is alternate timelines. So if they do introduce... let's say. Kitana or Mileena in special forces, then will be cannon because it comes from the different timeline.

But if you pull kombatants out from different time periods, don't you create a paradox in itself?
It would be a retcon of sorts.

For example, if Baraka is pulled out right before D'Vorah kills him, wouldn't that essentially create a butterfly effect, as his death at that current period in time probably had to play out the way that it did, in order for certain other events to unfold?

Hmmm I think it works this way. If they pull out Baraka right before his death, then Timeline tries to correct itself by creating a copy. There will be one timeline where Baraka was saved and one timeline where Baraka got killed.

Which would explain why Kronika is pissed. Raiden's interference with time, caused a split. Hence why Kitana had a vision of a timeline where Raiden didn't interfere. Because thanks to Raiden there are two timelines now. One where Shao Kahn won and one where he didn't and... Holy shit. Guys. Just remembered. Jade ending in MK9.

"Shao Kahn's death is an outcome that has to be reimagined."

What insults? I didn't call you anything. You're the one who called me dumbass? So yeah. You better check what you wrote. Disagreeing with you is not an insult.

Hyper active or not, it doesn't justify immature behavior. I didn't come here to call anyone names or insult. I come here to share my opinion. I can get heated, but definitely not gonna go and personally insult someone. Though Tarkatan_Trash sometimes pushes my limits.

This entire shitshow would have been avoided if you just said this.

We both have background in this matter (it seems. Would like to see your portfolio, because I am genuinely interested), but we see and define certain things differently. That's all. And I am fine with that. We can close this argument then. Because right now it is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Also I don't really wish to read more personal insults. Last thing I need is to report someone for immature behavior.

It is free. So I definitely heard about it (though didn't use it). I didn't start with big name software myself, due lack of money. So I always keep an eye out for alternatives.

On a side note (off topic too). I don't know about you, but I left Maya the moment I was introduced to it. So overcomplicated. Yeah it has amazing animation tools, but holy hell. Try to apply a texture there or even make a model. A freaking nightmare.Though I used it few years ago during my stay in Games Academy, there they tried to force it down our throats.

I just use Blender now. It has both 3D MAX and Zbrush elements in it, and I don't need make super complex models for Unreal Engine 4 so it is everything I need right now.

Anyway. I do not wish to continue this argument. You see it this way, I see it my way. But once again. Don't try justify your behavior as hyper active. Just don't act like it. Good mood or bad mood, I don't care. You want to be taken seriously, then act like a grown up.

Haha, nah, I'll do me and you do you. I don't care about insults, it's the internet and we're old enough not to be offended by someone behind a computer screen.

And yes, that's exactly what I've said initially. Here, direct quote:

"Yes, they can reuse it as long as they manually adjust it."

I don't have a portfolio anymore that you'd be interested in seeing. I'm already employed and not working on anything games related. So unless you're wanting to see Web Apps (which are probably blocked since we like to keep it UK only for security purposes)...

Wings 3D is an archaic 3D software. It was kinda like Blender. I actually looked it up and it seems the last update was in 2k18...Someone is still using that. My condolences. :lol:

I used Blender once or twice maybe. It felt very counter-intuitive and basic. I have Maya on this machine, but can't be arsed to learn it. Thing is, Autodesk is very relunctant in updating Max, which really pushes a lot of artists to Maya...

Why are you a freelancer?

Last edited:
Can you two please stop destroying this topic with that kibberish of yours?

And i'm gonna be disappointed BIG TIME if it is Scorpion tomorrow, how utterly boring and predictable that would be... That that is everything Boon is mostly...

Apologies. I allowed myself to get dragged into childish a argument. I deleted my posts as they were completely off topic. Won't spam this thread with that again.

Hmmm I think it works this way. If they pull out Baraka right before his death, then Timeline tries to correct itself by creating a copy. There will be one timeline where Baraka was saved and one timeline where Baraka got killed.

So, OG / Armageddon timeline vs the MK9 / newly created timeline?
Timeline A vs Timeline B, similar to that of Back To The Future II, if you will.
That would work, since now there are 2 parallel timelines, and Baraka would still be dead in the MK9 / new timeline.

If Geras does indeed deal with timelines in some fashion like Kronika, I do wonder if they are plotting against each other like some people suggested, sort of like a ying and yang of one wanting to give the altered timeline a chance while the other wishes to set the timeline back to the way it was (or just completely wipe it away).

I like this theory of Geras being the ying to Kronika's yang, with them being opposing forces.

Haha, nah, I'll do me and you do you. I don't care about insults, it's the internet and we're old enough not to be offended by someone behind a computer screen.

And yes, that's exactly what I've said initially. Here, direct quote:

"Yes, they can reuse it as long as they manually adjust it."

I don't have a portfolio anymore that you'd be interested in seeing. I'm already employed and not working on anything games related. So unless you're wanting to see Web Apps (which are probably blocked since we like to keep it UK only for security purposes)...

Wings 3D is an archaic 3D software. It was kinda like Blender. I actually looked it up and it seems the last update was in 2k18...Someone is still using that. My condolences. :lol:

I used Blender once or twice maybe. It felt very counter-intuitive and basic. I have Maya on this machine, but can't be arsed to learn it. Thing is, Autodesk is very relunctant in updating Max, which really pushes a lot of artists to Maya...

That's cool. But let's continue this topic off this thread (drop me PM if you want to continue as I am genuinely interested). I think we spammed enough of off topic material here.

(P.S They are definitely pushing Maya right now. That's why I just jumped to Blender as it has better tools now)

So, OG / Armageddon timeline vs the MK9 / newly created timeline?
Timeline A vs Timeline B, similar to that of Back To The Future II, if you will.
That would work, since now there are 2 parallel timelines, and Baraka would still be dead in the MK9 / new timeline.

Pretty much, but I bet that also brought different timelines as well. I think Raiden was just the starting point. He made one crack, that crack split into two and then so forth. Multiplying. In one timeline Sub Zero went left, while in another he went right. One timeline Kabal joins Kano, another he kills Kano and claims Black Dragon for himself. Etc

In 1 timeline, Kuai-Liang isn't a douchebag and helps Sonya and Jax get to safety, instead of leaving him bleeding there like in MK9. :laugh:

In 1 timeline, Kuai-Liang isn't a douchebag and helps Sonya and Jax get to safety, instead of leaving him bleeding there like in MK9.
Doesn't Kuai Liang always act like a douchebag for the first 5 minutes or so of being onscreen?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That's cool. But let's continue this topic off this thread (drop me PM if you want to continue as I am genuinely interested). I think we spammed enough of off topic material here.

(P.S They are definitely pushing Maya right now. That's why I just jumped to Blender as it has better tools now)

Bad move. We were just having bit of nerd rage to keep Sir Rhizodus from getting all bored. :) There's nothing else to discuss other than sillhouttes anyways. Just two more days...

If it is really time-bending story that you guys are mentioning, I'm not interested. They played this out in Injustice, and it really wasn't all that good. Netherrealm just can't move on from some characters, I don't see the problem with characters sitting out. It just seems that this potential route they're taken for the story mode it's so that they don't have to move on.

Bad move. We were just having bit of nerd rage to keep Sir Rhizodus from getting all bored. :) There's nothing else to discuss other than sillhouttes anyways. Just two more days...

I hate myself for being so excited. I should be working on a freakin 2D animation right now, but now just counting hours until the Reveal and digging anything I can about possible story. Wanna see how close I will be to the truth.

Doesn't Kuai Liang always act like a douchebag for the first 5 minutes or so of being onscreen?

Not in MKX.
His first appearance in MKX was being a mindless puppet of Quan Chi, just like Scorpion was.

There's nothing else to discuss other than sillhouttes anyways. Just two more days...

To each their own.
I thought that we were having what was an interesting discussion about timeline possibilities and theories, and what the new characters (Geras and Kronika, if that's their real name) could be like.

Netherrealm just can't move on from some characters, I don't see the problem with characters sitting out. It just seems that this potential route they're taken for the story mode it's so that they don't have to move on.

I agree with this part, but maybe it means that Reiko and Havik could still get a chance to be playable in MK11 and still be dead in the MKX comics, at the same time.
Timeline jumping has just become their new scapegoat, just like Qun Chi used to be, unfortunately.

I hate myself for being so excited. I should be working on a freakin 2D animation right now, but now just counting hours until the Reveal and digging anything I can about possible story. Wanna see how close I will be to the truth.

What, are you going to do an all-nighter again?...

If it is really time-bending story that you guys are mentioning, I'm not interested. They played this out in Injustice, and it really wasn't all that good. Netherrealm just can't move on from some characters, I don't see the problem with characters sitting out. It just seems that this potential route they're taken for the story mode it's so that they don't have to move on.

Eh, that's not the same. MK actually has a great buildup. If it works the way we think, then they are actually allowing themselves to be free and try different ideas. That way a hardcore part of the community won't whine, about classic ones being left behind and people who want new stuff won't be disappointed as timelines allow them to create different variations of the same character.

If anything they are moving forward. Injustice? They can't do that stuff. They can't invent their own characters or make drastic changes as it is still a DC universe (property). But with MK? They can do whatever the hell they want. They are the masters of that world.