Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Sega, Nintendo, and PlayStation are what built the MK brand at home, not Microsoft in any capacity.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

:puke:

What are you even on about...

Sega, Nintendo and PS didn't "built the MK brand at home", they're publishers and platforms. MK 1-3, highly irrelevant games now, were either Probe, Avalanche or Williams' doing. There were also PC ports and emulators. If we're looking just at platforms, then why even go that far back? Nobody cares about what "built the MK brand at home" 25 years ago. Take a look at last 3 releases instead and oops...MS actually owns two platforms out of four.

Actually, there were MS-DOS versions of the first 3 MK games. MK4 also got a Windows release. Both MS-DOS and Windows are Microsoft platforms. One can argue that the interest in fighting games from the PC crowd in the 90s was questionable, but the option was there.

Still, I don't see much good coming from MS owning the MK franchise. Besides console exclusivity, some studios didn't fare well under MS' ownership.
The only home machines that count in video games are those with either an Atari, Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, or Xbox logo on it out of the box. Xbox did not exist when MK was built on home platforms, so the point still stands that MK was built on home platforms by Sega, Nintendo, and PlayStation.

Last edited:
The only home machines that count in video games are those with either an Atari, Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation, or Xbox logo on it out of the box. Xbox did not exist when MK was built on home platforms, so the point still stands that MK was built on home platforms by Sega, Nintendo, and PlayStation.

I'd argue if it wasn't for sega staying true to the arcade and going all in on the blood with the genesis version of MK ( Nintendo was still in their games can't be too violent phase ) MK wouldn't be the Juggernaut it is today.

:lol: The Genesis version was a puny blip on the radar in comparison to what MK is now. Besides Nintendo only censored the first game.

Nobody at The Round Table cares about who "built on home platforms" MK 25 years ago, especially considering that the beforementioned Sega is 100% irrelevant when it comes to this. What matters are dollar signs, and how to make them NOW. M$ is another company beside 2K that has experience with fighting games...Even though KI died pretty fast....

Regarding exclusivity, I doubt you'd be complaining about it if Soyny got their dirty hands on it and made it a SoyStation exclusive.

Last edited:
The Genesis version was a puny blip on the radar in comparison to what MK is now. Besides Nintendo only censored the first game.

Nobody at The Round Table cares about who "built on home platforms" MK 25 years ago, especially considering that the beforementioned Sega is 100% irrelevant when it comes to this. What matters are dollar signs, and how to make them NOW. MS is another company beside 2K that has experience with fighting games...Even though KI died pretty fast....

Regarding exclusivity, I doubt you'd be complaining about it if Soyny got their dirty hands on it and made it a SoyStation exclusive.
That's because all 4 PlayStations have outsold all 3 Xboxes worldwide and because PlayStation is the highest selling console brand of all time.

And the Genesis port of MK1 MADE Mortal Kombat a household name singlehandedly, so you're clearly being less respectful to your gaming roots than you should be.

That's because all 4 PlayStations have outsold all 3 Xboxes worldwide and because PlayStation is the highest selling console brand of all time.

And the Genesis port of MK1 MADE Mortal Kombat a household name singlehandedly, so you're clearly being less respectful to your gaming roots than you should be.

So you're basically a hypocrite. :lol:

By the way, I already know where the next parapgraph is going, so... you don't get to decide who's a fan or not. That privilege is given to NRS exclusively. Sorry to pee on your parade.

So you're basically a hypocrite.

By the way, I already know where the next parapgraph is going, so... you don't get to decide who's a fan or not. That privilege is given to NRS exclusively. Sorry to pee on your parade.
The inept opinion of a Smoke Doll Toy Factory Accident fan is invisible and inaudible to me.

^
Spoiler:
crying-baby-istock660.jpg

Last edited:
If you argue with Trash its an Insta-L
He doesn't read what you type. He just goes off the same script he's had since he joined here.

If you argue with Trash its an Insta-L
He doesn't read what you type. He just goes off the same script he's had since he joined here.

They're both just trolls trying to out troll the other. It's not like anyone reads what the other types so...

They're both just trolls trying to out troll the other. It's not like anyone reads what the other types so...

There's way too many trolls in here unfortunately. I'm just glad that you, me, BBBLP and a few others are NOT those trolls. I'll leave it at that. ;)

but everyone seemed perfectly fine when street fighter 5 went PlayStation and PC exclusive.

I had a major issue with it.
Imo, no iconic fighter like SF or MK should ever be exclusive to 1 console, and yeah, I also didn't care for KI being an exclusive, either.
That's just what MK will become if MS buys out NRS, too, another SFV or KI exclusive.
I'm not buying a console for just 1 game. Last time I did that was with the Gamecube for The Twin Snakes, and I really regretted that.

Imo, no iconic fighter like SF or MK should ever be exclusive to 1 console, and yeah, I also didn't care for KI being an exclusive, either.
That's just what MK will become if MS buys out NRS, too, another SFV or KI exclusive.
I'm not buying a console for just 1 game. Last time I did that was with the Gamecube for The Twin Snakes, and I really regretted that.

Unfortunately, we are not the majority but I don't see MS purchasing NRS. They already have KI (A ip they own) it would make more business sense to pick up rocksteady for the batman stuff. IMO. I do agree with you that no one's going to buy a console just to play MK12. I do however see the casual crowd picking up the latest xbox to play a shiny new Batman game though.

KI has always been a console exclusive. Prior to being Xbox exclusive, it was Nintendo exclusive.

Unfortunately, we are not the majority but I don't see MS purchasing NRS. They already have KI (A ip they own) it would make more business sense to pick up rocksteady for the batman stuff. IMO. I do agree with you that no one's going to buy a console just to play MK12. I do however see the casual crowd picking up the latest xbox to play a shiny new Batman game though.

Just cause they have one fighting game doesn't mean they can't have two. There are companies that have multiple fighting games.

Also taking MK away, would be a strong blow to Sony, who are Microsoft's direct competitor. So, I see that happening. And gods... people buy new consoles for less. They will buy a console, just cause it looks shiny. If there are people that a fine with spending TENS OF THOUSANDS on LOOT BOXES, then there will never be a shortage of blind consumers who will gladly buy a Xbox bundle pack.

GET A NEW XBOX WITH MK12! Boom. Sold.

As for Arkham Batman. The story has been concluded. Which means less hype for a brand new game. You have Arkham series that you have to top after all. Not to mention in the last few years how many Batman's games/comics we had? Batman got so overhyped and overused that people are getting less and less excited about it. Sure there will be hype, but not the hype that would justify people losing their minds over.

MK on other hand. Brand new story with every MK. People will want to see their favorite characters in the game.There is always the hype for that.

They will buy a console, just cause it looks shiny. If there are people that a fine with spending TENS OF THOUSANDS on LOOT BOXES, then there will never be a shortage of blind consumers who will gladly buy a Xbox bundle pack..

Kids on GTAO are splurging millions on Shark Cards... and yet we have people here finding it hard to believe that buying a console for an exclusive game is just FARRRR OUUTTTTT...... At the same time, plenty of people got Xbone and PS4 for MKX, GTA and etc. That only happened like 5 years ago but y'knowwww.... :stupido3:

Last edited:
Just cause they have one fighting game doesn't mean they can't have two. There are companies that have multiple fighting games.

Also taking MK away, would be a strong blow to Sony, who are Microsoft's direct competitor. So, I see that happening. And gods... people buy new consoles for less. They will buy a console, just cause it looks shiny. If there are people that a fine with spending TENS OF THOUSANDS on LOOT BOXES, then there will never be a shortage of blind consumers who will gladly buy a Xbox bundle pack.

GET A NEW XBOX WITH MK12! Boom. Sold.

As for Arkham Batman. The story has been concluded. Which means less hype for a brand new game. You have Arkham series that you have to top after all. Not to mention in the last few years how many Batman's games/comics we had? Batman got so overhyped and overused that people are getting less and less excited about it. Sure there will be hype, but not the hype that would justify people losing their minds over.

MK on other hand. Brand new story with every MK. People will want to see their favorite characters in the game.There is always the hype for that.
Fighting games not named smash bros don't sell consoles so I don't see how owning more than one fighting game developer will make any real difference. KI didn't sell xbox one's that game didn't get any real traction until it released on PC. Hell even Phill spencer himself didn't seem to care when one of the biggest fighting franchises of all time Street Fighter went to PlayStation and PC so I don't think it's crazy to say he doesn't care about MK ether. No one except a very small few buys a console for just fighting games. MK12 isn't going to sell anymore xbox's than whatever 2k wwe trash gets released. The casual market can't tell the difference
MK is a game people buy after already owning a console and they're bored of the game they bought the console for.and want something new to play.

As far as a new Batman from rocksteady is concerned, We only got one game this whole generation Arkham Knight which released five years ago. From the rumours that are out there it has nothing to do with Arkham universe. I don't see how that's not hype especially going up against Sonys new spiderman. Microsoft having Batman and Sony with spiderman would definitely shake things up. Something xbox desperately needs to push thier gamepass services.

Last edited: