Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

*This is a cross post from the General Discussion Lounge*

Don't click the Mortal Kombat 11 spoiler below this text if you don't want to get spoiled:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Basically, the whole story mode/story line cut scenes are on YouTube already because of the countries that received MK11 earlier than America...

Spoiler:
**I only saw the 1st part (Netherrealm war; yes the MKX version of Sonya dies) and the part where the 1992 Shao Kahn and company go to present day's Kahn's Arena where General Kotal (I mean Kotal Kahn) is overseeing an execution.**

Spoiler:
Things I observed during the events in Kahn's Arena:

Spoiler:
**The old characters are neither from the 1992/1993 (original timeline) or the 2011 - 2019 timeline. They are from a ed up 3rd timeline.**

Spoiler:
* Raiden says that they were just in the Mortal Kombat tournament where Kung Lao defeats Goro and Shang Tsung (not Liu Kang). This also means that Kung Lao and Liu Kang have never heard of Shao Kahn or have met Shao Kahn until Kronika brought them to Kahn's Arena (present day).

Spoiler:
* 3rd timeline young Kitana is still the "evil" Kitana who thinks is still the rightful heir to Shao Kahn's throne!!!

NRS is really milking The CW Arrowverse/The Flash timeline shenanigans in this one!!!

*This is a cross post from the General Discussion Lounge*

Don't click the Mortal Kombat 11 spoiler below this text if you don't want to get spoiled:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Basically, the whole story mode/story line cut scenes are on YouTube already because of the countries that received MK11 earlier than America...

Spoiler:
**I only saw the 1st part (Netherrealm war; yes the MKX version of Sonya dies) and the part where the 1992 Shao Kahn and company go to present day's Kahn's Arena where General Kotal (I mean Kotal Kahn) is overseeing an execution.**

Spoiler:
Things I observed during the events in Kahn's Arena:

Spoiler:
**The old characters are neither from the 1992/1993 (original timeline) or the 2011 - 2019 timeline. They are from a ed up 3rd timeline.**

Spoiler:
* Raiden says that they were just in the Mortal Kombat tournament where Kung Lao defeats Goro and Shang Tsung (not Liu Kang). This also means that Kung Lao and Liu Kang have never heard of Shao Kahn or have met Shao Kahn until Kronika brought them to Kahn's Arena (present day).

Spoiler:
* 3rd timeline young Kitana is still the "evil" Kitana who thinks is still the rightful heir to Shao Kahn's throne!!!

NRS is really milking The CW Arrowverse/The Flash timeline shenanigans in this one!!!

Well that explains incoherent mess at certain parts. Still doesn't excuse the writing. Man I miss MK9 days. Writing was simple and understandable. Now everything got thrown in, for the sake of being thrown in.

The DLC may have been leaked via data mining on the Switch version

https://imgur.com/a/64P7ABZ

Spoiler:
DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\ShangTsung

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Joker

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Nightwolf

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Terminator

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Sindel

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Spawn

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Ash

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Fujin

DependencyRootPaths=$GameDir$\Content\DLC\Sheeva

This could be one big hoax, so don't get too happy yet.

DLC characters possibly leaked

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkomb...a1a714047c&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=bf2kis

Spoiler:

What makes me a bit skeptical about this is that there are 9 characters listed instead of 12. If this is true, I hope it only shows 9 listed because KP2 is nowhere near close to being released and the final three are still far off in development.

EDIT: Ninja'd

It is possible that the other three are not done yet. From what I've seen, this does look really legit but it could end up being fake in the end. I feel odd that there is no ninja character as DLC.

DLC characters possibly leaked

https://www.reddit.com/r/Mortalkomb...a1a714047c&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=bf2kis

Spoiler:

What makes me a bit skeptical about this is that there are 9 characters listed instead of 12. If this is true, I hope it only shows 9 listed because KP2 is nowhere near close to being released and the final three are still far off in development.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Spoiler:
Definitely a yes for Sindel! Li Mei and Kung Jin should replace Sheeva and Nightwolf. Fujin is definitely good news and expected. I'd rather have Micheal Myers, Bayonetta, Catwoman, Bloodrayne, Nina Williams (Tekken) or Christie (Dead or Alive) over Terminator. The other guests are fine though I'd prefer MK characters over them.

I guess The Joker will be the surprise guest fighter that no one sees coming similar to how Leatherface was in MKX and the TMNT in Injustice.

I guess The Joker will be the surprise guest fighter that no one sees coming similar to how Leatherface was in MKX and the TMNT in Injustice.

Well if it's true, it wouldn't be much of surprise now since it's been leaked. Lol. Unless someone doesn't follow the game very closely.

You do have people that don't follow the gaming news closely as we do. It also has been data mined by like 20+ people and they are seeing the exact same thing. It's safe to assume that this is real unless they troll everyone with the first Kombat Pass trailer.

It's true that some people don't follow the game as closely as we do. But Leatherface in MKX and the TMNT in IJ2 were surprises to both people that followed the game and ones that didn't since almost no one saw them coming and nothing beforehand had been leaked.

I'm finally happy that Spawn and Fujin are finally in the game. I end up looking at all of the links and all of the instructions and without the game at hand. This is most likely 100% real unless they found away to troll everyone.

So... I called it. I so fookin called this. RNG worse than in Injustice 2. I knew they were gonna screw this up. It seems I wasn't biased. My bones were screaming, that this game was gonna be a shitshow. It hasn't even touched the release date, and we already got censorship, art director shitting on people, incoherent story mode, some got their favorite characters butchered for fu$ked up reason and now there is this. Xenon kindly provided me with this info.

"All content -- skins, clothing parts, augments etc. -- are tied to an RNG system that has more layered RNG systems therein, increasing grinding requirements exponentially, relative to "gear" level -- a process that is compulsory for unlocking more and more content, as NRS's infamous cheatbot A.I. necessitates the continual increasing of char. attributes to "overpowered" degrees, so as to allow for progression / continued content access (*it's not a skill-based system where players can simply "git gud" to surmount CPU encounters).

Also, all unlocking of content must be verified via server connection / check (so as to "ensure you're not getting what you're not supposed to" -Derek Kirtzik, NRS developer),
Thus, Internet connectivity is effectively compulsory for accessing the content that consumers have already paid a triple-A premium price for.

Lastly, still no mention of whether or not customisation will be usable offline (i.e., P1vP2), outside of throw-away versus-dumbot modes ... So, all this MMO-esque grinding for content we already paid for and own, may amount to nothing for most players who want to play either traditional offline versus mode/s (the meat and bones of all games in this genre), or even "competitively" online (where "variations" have replaced whatever "customisation" the game offers).

PS: Suffice it to say, all these grind walls placed to lock players out of using the content they paid for and have been tantalised with for months, can be circumvented instantly by spending more money and buying the game's in-game real-world currency surrogate / "zenny", "Time Krystals". ��"

Oh... And just in case you thought the RNG grind wall locked content was all only "cosmetic":

"The krypt by itself is pretty cool. However, like the rest of the game there is a lot of padding in the Krypt. Off the top of my head, here are the things we would like to get from the Krypt, in decreasing order of usefulness.

FATALITIES AND BRUTALITIES
CHARACTER INTROS, OUTROS, AND END OF ROUND TAUNTS
Character skins
Character gear pieces
Combat card icons and backgrounds
Variation icons
The variation icons are the least useful but the biggest source of padding. Assuming character unlocks are split 50-50 between towers of time unlocks and krypt unlocks, there are approximately about 120 pieces of loot per character to unlock from the Krypt. Each chest in the krypt usually rewards 3 or 4 items.

What throws a wrench in the works however, is how much extra filler the game has that is also obtained from Krypt chests. Here’s a list of non-customization stuff you can get from the Krypt:

Character Augments
In game currency (Jade Coins, Hearts)
Krypt key items (Consumables to open certain doors)
Tower Consumables
Forge recipes to craft aforementioned Krypt key items
Raw materials to craft krypt key items using aforementioned recipes
Concept Art, music, character renders
So now you have chests that might cost you 14,000 coins to open, and yet only give you a bunch of consumables and tokens that you probably wont end up using. While I have not forged any Krypt items using recipes, I get the sinking feeling that there are areas in the Krypt that will only be accessed by using one of these items. Once you use the item, it’s used up, so you will either have to get another as a tower of time reward, or as a reward in a krypt chest, or get lucky with a crafting recipe for it, but then still have to find the materials that go into the recipe to craft it.

There is also an item that you start with that references Kronika that let’s you reset the chests in a room for 2000 coins per chest. So say you clear out all 10 chests in a room, for 20,000 coins you could reset that entire room and open the chests for different rewards. Seeing as how this game has more items to obtain and a lot of filler and padding icons, I believe there are less chests than there are items and you will have to reset the chests a few times to get some exotic stuff.

This is the most grindy and padded the Krypt had ever been. While this game does not have real money lootboxes, the Krypt might as well be a loot box wet dream."
>inb4 implying that people don't care about [access to] char. skins
>after all the hubbub about covering up the game's females
����"

Oh and some additional stuff.

"Problem with the whole stuff is the game is constantly throwing sticks between the players legs.

you buy an character specific tower set which consists of 4 or 5 towers for 25000 Koins. In those towers they want you to have accumulated 50 uppercuts or 50 throws, so you have to grind this out first before you can tackle the character specific towers. yay!

you do a normal tower of time, it takes a long time and you get 10.000 koins and a few consumables for the playing, it isn´t even guaranteed that you get something cosmetic. yay!

i am sitting here with a Sonya that has in total 15 Skins, 4 intros, winning poses 2 fatalities and stuff and there is no guarantee at all to unlock something specific, i see the same intro, the same winning pose and the same fatality the whole time. the game is crippled essentially because you will never see those cosmetics in a reasonable amount of time.

so that is where these crystals come into play later. they want people to buy those crystals or play this game till your beard is long and grey.

people saying this is fine are not seeing the problem, this is a full price game with additional paid DLC characters and they treat you like playing a free mobile game. it is awful and it makes no fun. they should give out those cosmetics at a steady pace...

this is just awful, if the base game was 30 bucks and it was so stingy, well would suck but would be an explanation, for a full price game this is all the disgusting s*** going on with games these days rolled into one nice package."