Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I don't buy into the leak, but we will wait and see. MKX KP2 had the same amount of characters that KP1 did. I feel like that a KP2 for MK11 will also have 6 characters as well.

I don't buy into the leak, but we will wait and see. MKX KP2 had the same amount of characters that KP1 did. I feel like that a KP2 for MK11 will also have 6 characters as well.

I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, but I could realistically see 4 characters, 2 stages and 1 finisher type being done.
Injustice 1 also had 4 characters in their season pass and 2 characters after that: Martian Manhunter and Zatanna.
While I think that 6 characters for KP2 are really likely, perhaps with NRS being exposed for having terrible working conditions, it's also possible that they weren't able to do as many characters for a second KP like they may have wanted to.
Dunno, it's all speculation at this point.
All that I know for sure is that we have 3 characters that are 99% to be in (due to data mined intro lines) and we'll find out the rest at Final Kombat in 15 days

Looks similar to the launch day data mine

Now like everyone else, I am very careful with any "leaks".

So take it with a grain of salt what I post here (courtesy of Xenon, as he showed me this)

Alright, I'm sick of seeing the same BS being floated around so I'm going out on a limb here. I work as a QA and got the chance to do some months at NRS. Live right outside of Chicago for the past year. This is everything I know from what I personally got to see and from my colleagues.

There are going to be a couple Final Kombat event reveals. A new trailer for Scorpion's Revenge, Cary is there because they are going to reveal he will be an announcer for MK11 around the release of the second batch of characters, Spawn is getting a trailer and the end of the trailer has a tease of name reveals for the next line of DLC; Fujin, Ash Williams, Sheeva and Havik in that order. The DLC only comprises of 4 characters, with 2 arenas. Sorry for those hoping for more. The final reveal is a game that got outsourced to another company, but its a remake of the original 3 games running with amazing netcode and HD graphics (new models, too).

Fujin can set wind traps, has the flying knee special and can whip up mini tornadoes. Wears a cape similar to Mythologies. Looks like a character right out of Injustice.

Sheeva has an updated, more brutal punch walk and her tele stomp. Same costume as seen in the story.

Ash borrows quite a few animations from Leatherface but Bruce Campbell's voice and looks makes up for it. He can also summon a demon from the Necronomicon to get in a few hits.

Havik is the furthest behind in development (because he's last) but the model looks fantastic. Similar to the way we've seen him recently but with more armor and less cloth. More of his body is missing small chunks of flesh in places.

The arenas were already leaked; Deadpool and Soul Chamber.

MK Mobile is getting a few exclusive characters as is per usual with the mobile games. They are getting Stryker, Rain, Onaga and Kronika as well as the rest of the 11 cast.

MK11 will be coming to next-gen, that was accurate. Will include all of the DLC from both packs.

Mileena, Shinnok, Takeda, Sareena, Reiko, Rain and Chameleon were all considered or briefly worked in concept as potentials for base roster or DLC but all didn't make the final cut.

Extra story chapters for select Kombat Pack characters were also considered as DLC but WB didn't want to fund the effort.

The Krypt was also going to get a DLC area of the Living Forest added in as a means of unlocking things for DLC characters in both packs but that was scrapped in favor of giving the Living Towers more of a spotlight.

And that is pretty much most of what I know, that's relevant anyway. Mortal Kombat as a franchise won't be back for some time unfortunately. Probably like 5-6 years minimum. Injustice 3 is being worked on as we speak, and then a new IP is in early stages. A fighting game based around wrestling icons. They have Dwayne Johnson and John Cena, as well as a bunch of others, in talks right now. They will be fighting each other, some possessed by alien beings, who want to take over the planet and the wrestlers have to step up to save us. I wish I was kidding. It's being pushed as a dream project by some of the supper staff.

It goes without saying that I'm leaking this shit cause some of the upper staff are some of the most horrible, unpleasant people I've had the pleasure of working for. Namely SH.

I thought that they've already ended mk11 updates after Spawn releases considering that they sell it as a Legendary Edition, even with Injustice 2 LE doublepack.

When the original leaks happened, upper staff would harass the hell out of everybody. Watching us constantly, threatening us if we talked about the game outside of the working areas. Blamed the temps especially and stole their ideas most the time for no pay. A lot of them hate the fact MK is so successful, and that they had to make a sequel to Injustice, because they want to do other stuff. Lots of homophobia. After the news broke about hours, the upper staff barely would look people in the eye in fear of being ratted out but made our lives hell in terms of what they deemed "acceptable work efforts." A lot of two-faced individuals. Ed is nice though for what its worth.

I see couple of things that we can use to identify if this is legit or not. Spawn trailer is coming soon. So if it will show what OP has said, then that will be one definite proof and then Fujin's design/gameplay.

If these will be true, then that should give credibility to the rest of the leaks.

Injustice 3 being worked on, isn't surprising.

MK taking a break is also logical (though that means that MK11 was the last MK for me.) Cause I ain't waiting 5-6 years to see another political garbage or Frost turned into another abomination.

Basically this entire leak would just set up NRS, as one big shitty dev studio (and let's stop pretending that it is just the evil WB that makes all those decisions. NRS devs have already showed themselves that they have ego that of a Diva and couldn't care less about MK. Especially after what they did with the Lore (and no. WB Execs couldn't care less about the lore)

The actual HD versions of OT games sounds pretty good. However, it does say "new models". If it's background art, good. If it's characters, red flags already...
1) Not using digitised photos for characters = low effort, cheap knock off.
2) Gonna use the same Woke design philosophy to further shit on classic designs.

Just give me a PC version without any bugs, HD art without SJWism, sharp responsive controls and a netcode that's not turd worthy. Is that too much to ask?...

I work as a QA and got the chance to do some months at NRS. Live right outside of Chicago for the past year.

Makes me not believe it. Giving out way too much info about themselves. As if they're more concerned with convincing us than keeping their job.

MK12 will probably be on the next gen systems much like MK9 and MKX were at the time. I still dislike the idea of rebooting things again because there's still room for new stories to be told.

"Got the chance to do some months"

Past tense.

"I work as a QA"

Even if he doesn't work for NRS, he still works on games. If NRS could narrow the dude down they could black list him from the industry. No other dev is going to want to work with a leaker.

"I work as a QA"

Even if he doesn't work for NRS, he still works on games. If NRS could narrow the dude down they could black list him from the industry. No other dev is going to want to work with a leaker.

Ahahaha. Dude. They couldn't even find original leaker, and embarrassed themselves while blaming contractors.

You really think that NRS will go through their last batch of QA contractors? You do know that it ain't just 5 people. Rule of thumb is 1 QA per 10 developers or can even go to 1 QA per 3 devs. Good luck finding an Anonymous QA. This dude is safe. Last time when someone leaked the details about MK11, they just grouped everyone in the hall and demanded someone to speak up through the use of childish threats.

Again, I am not saying that leak might be true, but if this is real, then this amigos doesn't have to worry about being discovered. Not with a shitty management like that.

It's all good. I just didn't believe it because of how it was worded, but the content itself sounds like it's the most likely case considering how disappointing it is. Reused animations? Cut content? Scrapped characters? Neglected story? Yeah, that sounds like NRS.

It's all good. I just didn't believe it because of how it was worded, but the content itself sounds like it's the most likely case considering how disappointing it is. Reused animations? Cut content? Scrapped characters? Neglected story? Yeah, that sounds like NRS.

Yeah, that's what I bet on myself. This "leak" sounds actually logical, considering what we know already.

MK12 will probably be on the next gen systems much like MK9 and MKX were at the time. I still dislike the idea of rebooting things again because there's still room for new stories to be told.

MK12 will definitely be a reboot. If the leak turns out to be true, then it definitely will be or new "generation" of players as well. So of course they will retell the story.

Nobody takes Shawn "Blacklist" Himmerick's threats seriously. You can get into legal trouble for breaking NDA; verbal warnings from a mentally unhinged person are worth a big fat zero.

Good luck finding that guy. He could've left ages ago and there were other QA's from around Chicago.... Especially with NRS' turnover rates that rival a call center. And even then what are they gonna use for proof? "Someone who claimed to be this and that on a video game forum"?

Last edited:
Nobody takes Shawn "Blacklist" Himmerick's threats seriously. You can get into legal trouble for breaking NDA; verbal warnings from a mentally unhinged person are worth a big fat zero.

Good luck finding that guy. He could've left ages ago and there were other QA's from around Chicago.... Especially with NRS' turnover rates that rival a call center. And even then what are they gonna use for proof? "Someone who claimed to be this and that on a video game forum"?

Pretty much.

Also, consider this. Not only a sloppy way of protecting your assets, but also the fact that people are willing to do this, just shows how shitty management is. I understand if there is one guy who is just an ass and wants to get some clout, but even then, they would think twice about risking their position. But if even the OG dev team itself leaked the content (not the contractors mind you) it just shows the level of professionalism there.

Gods. And these guys have access to MK License...

I'ma keep it real chief, no QA person working for "a couple of months" is gonna know whats been going on during a whole 5 year timespan. This dude described enough stuff to have him connected to every single upper level manager like he's friends with all of them and those would be 100% easy to find. Most of that is stuff we already knew or could easily be determined by any of us. The fact that he only stuck to the exact same 4 people we already knew were coming is sketchy in itself. I can believe that we're only getting 4 cause they must be revealing Injustice 3 soon, but they claimed they wanted to increase the DLC numbers with each entry which would make this game have less than I2. The dude didn't even know they were continuing the game beyond releasing spawn when we ALL knew this prior to the game being released. The idea of a DLC story specifically tied to DLC characters would get a person fired for being stupid so I know that was never up for consideration. Sheeva looking like she does in the story is so barebones as a detail especially when you literally have the ability to change a character's outfit. QA doesn't work on ALL games for said studio in general. He either worked on I2 Mobile, MK11, MK11 mobile, or I3 so he'd only know real info on one. The nail in the coffin for me is the remake of the original 3 games when the dude who were about to be tasked with creating the remake of the original three officially (our very own on this forum) have confirmed that WB cancelled that idea cause it wasn't a viable business model in their eyes.

QA's don't work on a single project, in fact they can get much more exposure than the developers. It's just their line of work. For example we had QA's flipping around through 8 projects, which was all of what we had. In retrospect I only got my hands on 5 as a developer.

This leak can very well be 100% bullshit, but with NRS' track record it's hard to dispute.