Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I've said this plenty of times before but I would love to know why we can't get MK1 - UMK3 on current systems? The reason the younger generation doesn't know about the older games is because there's no way to play them on current consoles. Hell I'd pay a hundred bucks just to play MK9 with MK11 netcode! If companies like capcom can get resident evil 4 and all the old street fighter games to run on a potato then why can't NRS and WB figure something out?

I'd be totally fine with MK9 re-releasing on current gen systems or even PS5 and the next Xbox if it means that MK12 will not have to be another reboot, yet again.
I want the franchise to move forward, not backwards.

I'd be totally fine with MK9 re-releasing on current gen systems or even PS5 and the next Xbox if it means that MK12 will not have to be another reboot, yet again.
I want the franchise to move forward, not backwards.

Boon made it clear that he'd do MK9 "differently now", plus you already have MK11 which is a mutated MK9.

Leave the classics alone. If you really want a remaster then pressure them to work on that cancelled MK1-3 HD game.

Well Tarkatan here is a news flash. Nobody gives a shit. You can't even get MK1, MK2 and MK3 on steam anymore. Nobody plays those games, nor play them. Only the old community remembers those games. You, me, and everyone else that grew up with MK, is out. We are not the target audience. If some of us still enjoy the game, they are fine with that. But if you don't like the changes, if you don't follow the agenda. You're not true fan.

And pretty ironic Tarkatan. You are definitely not the true fan now. You dislike the retcons? Well NRS devs have officially made it clear. You don't like them, you're not a true fan. Ask Xenon. He was the one who showed, how devs were marking everyone after arcade endings have been revealed.

Point is. You can forget seeing old MK remastered or new ones done with the same spirit. It will be all Esports now, and lore is gone. Literally. Welcome to a new age of MK. No more consistency, politically motivated retcons, broken ports, forced online and hollywood guests taking up spots.

The only way they will change that is if:
A. Going back to old roots will bring more profit.
B. Someone buys the license.

MUGEN still exists. It has everything Tarkatan loves. I especially love the 60 "variations" of the same character. NRS needs to step up their game!

Whoever write this piece of shit forum software needs to pull out his own spine.

OMG! I can't wait!!!

She looks really well done.

Boon made it clear that he'd do MK9 "differently now", plus you already have MK11 which is a mutated MK9.

Leave the classics alone. If you really want a remaster then pressure them to work on that cancelled MK1-3 HD game.

You've got me all wrong.
The only reason I'm in favor of MK9 or any other klassic game redone is so that people can be satiated with their klassic characters and we can move on to characters like Reiko, Havik and Sareena for MK12

She looks really well done.

You've got me all wrong.
The only reason I'm in favor of MK9 or any other klassic game redone is so that people can be satiated with their klassic characters and we can move on to characters like Reiko, Havik and Sareena for MK12
How about another Armageddon roster?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

How about another Armageddon roster?

And have shot at another half-assed game with unoriginal copy-paste "Fatalities," a terrible Kreate-A-Kharacter mode and a 2-legged Minotaur version of Motaro?
No thanks.
I'd rather have the 25~26 character roster with it being better balanced and giving other characters a chance to shine.

And have shot at another half-assed game with unoriginal copy-paste "Fatalities," a terrible Kreate-A-Kharacter mode and a 2-legged Minotaur version of Motaro?
No thanks.
I'd rather have the 25~26 character roster with it being better balanced and giving other characters a chance to shine.
Notice how the only thing I mentioned was the roster, and not the KAK or KAF bullshit?

Notice how the only thing I mentioned was the roster, and not the KAK or KAF bullshit?

Notice how I also mentioned the roster being better balanced with 25~26 characters on it?
The characters in Armageddon also felt half-assed.
At least with these last 3 games the characters feel better fleshed out in gameplay and the DLC characters have especially been well done.

Hell, as it is, people b--ch and complain when NRS does balance patch updates for 26+ characters in the current game.
I could imagine that balancing 60+ characters with 3 variations each would probably be a total nightmare, and people would constantly be unhappy and still complaining, regardless.

The spear seems out of place but other than that she looks really cool.
You know, I booted up Deception just a few days ago mainly for the purpose of changing my display settings (as I was making adjustments to my gaming setup), and I noticed that Sindel had that same weapon in that very game, so that weapon is very much in place.

Her well-documented piece of shit backstory for this game? That is what you call out of place.

You know, I booted up Deception just a few days ago mainly for the purpose of changing my display settings (as I was making adjustments to my gaming setup), and I noticed that Sindel had that same weapon in that very game, so that weapon is very much in place.

Her well-documented piece of shit backstory for this game? That is what you call out of place.

IDK it's strange to see her use a spear when she hasn't touched one in MK3,UMK3, Trilogy, mk9 or when she appeared as a remnant in mkX. It's just weird that NRS would pick her weapon from deception out of the blue. Anyways if it's one thing NRS are good at it's pulling things out of their ass.

Last edited:
She looks incredible. Especially her human form. Voice actress is doing a great job too. She actually looks like fun

The wait for Joker is gonna be brutal though. Isn't he at the end of January?

Then Capcom did a 1 up with this!!!!

"My perfection does not require training!"

So you guys think Gill could fit into Mortal Kombat 11 story line wise???

Then Capcom did a 1 up with this!!!!

"My perfection does not require training!"

So you guys think Gill could fit into Mortal Kombat 11 story line wise???

No.

And didn't CAPCOM say that they won't do re-releases anymore? Oh wait... they lied. Big surprise.