Xbox Live
    Xv History vX
    PSN
    Austin_Chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Seems more realistic to me.

I just hope Reiko is in. It’s been a while since we’ve seen him in game, and feel like he could be an interesting aspect in the modern story.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Do we know of kittelson had total control on the story in the comics? Or did NRS just give him a guideline? Because kittleson on the main game, maybe his influence with affect the roster . ( Reiko, Havik)

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure that Kittelsen was given a basic guideline as to "these are the characters we want and the ones you can kill off" and otherwise was given a good amount of free reign, which would explain why there were plotholes between some aspects of the comics-to-game story continuity.

PSN
    mkawesome14
    Steam
    MKLegacyx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It kinda felt like he was given an outdated script or something simply because when the comic did reference game events they always felt slightly off.

Xbox Live
    AAHale
    Steam
    mandead88
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

All MK covers should feature Rain - just Rain.
    Where's Fujin?

Xbox Live
    Xv History vX
    PSN
    Austin_Chaos
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Is it possible the game and the books were written at the same time, and Kittelsen was just given bullet points to work off of? "Here's this is basically what we're doing, we need this story by **** date." That would explain some of the discrepancies, as he only had a basic idea of the story. Just a thought.

PSN
    mkawesome14
    Steam
    MKLegacyx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Chaos View Post
    Is it possible the game and the books were written at the same time, and Kittelsen was just given bullet points to work off of? "Here's this is basically what we're doing, we need this story by **** date." That would explain some of the discrepancies, as he only had a basic idea of the story. Just a thought.
    Yea that is most likely scenario, as a few of the inconsistencies felt too glaring to not be attributed to lack of info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    How on Earth is that unrealistic?!
    They should go dark with Kano's son if they have one and make him find out he wasn't conceived voluntarily, that'd give him a reason to hate his dad and be full or rage. They probably wouldn't do that but it could be pretty dramatic if they went for it.

Twitter
    @MadAsylumStudio
    Steam
    TheMadAsylum
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JinCA View Post
    They should go dark with Kano's son if they have one and make him find out he wasn't conceived voluntarily, that'd give him a reason to hate his dad and be full or rage. They probably wouldn't do that but it could be pretty dramatic if they went for it.
    Only THAT would give him the reason. Bruh. Kano ain't Dad material to begin with. Not to mention, how else he could have produced a child. He sees everyone as expendable, has no honor, no loyalty, would sell out his own blood if it paid good.
    TheMadAsylum Twitch channel - www.twitch.tv/misucra
    DeviantArt page - MisuCra.deviantart.com

Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Misucra View Post
    Only THAT would give him the reason. Bruh. Kano ain't Dad material to begin with. Not to mention, how else he could have produced a child. He sees everyone as expendable, has no honor, no loyalty, would sell out his own blood if it paid good.
    The bigger question is, how many different mothers have filed paternity suits against him? That's a lot of child support that he likely didn't pay because he'd rather launder Black Dragon money.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Boon tweeted that with the caption "Reptile Konfirmed?"

This appears to be in game. Possibly from story mode, or maybe it's someone's intro where they kill and eat the lizard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBBLP View Post

This appears to be in game. Possibly from story mode, or maybe it's someone's intro where they kill and eat the lizard.
    It could also just be part of the arena, it could just have little things running around.

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JinCA View Post
    It could also just be part of the arena, it could just have little things running around.
    I don't think they'd have the camera zoomed in and focused on a background asset like that. This is shot like focus is meant to be on the lizard.

PSN
    BLXXDYMVRY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I really hope they skip story mode this time. Much rather have a Konquest Mode. Highly unlikely though.

Xbox Live
    Tap Water Champ
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)

Random thought, I wonder if Reptile is in the game, will he have an alternate timeline version of himself where he's Lizardman? Or will they bring back human Reptile?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think they'd have the camera zoomed in and focused on a background asset like that. This is shot like focus is meant to be on the lizard.
    If it were a full screenshot I'd agree with you but they only show us the lizard so they could have easily just taken a screen of it, they could have just done that to show the detail. I'm not saying that's what it is just that it could be.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Just looks like a background creature, probably from a story mode cutscene. The placement of it is very specific.

Random thought, I wonder if Reptile is in the game, will he have an alternate timeline version of himself where he's Lizardman? Or will they bring back human Reptile?
    Didn't they explain that the only reason that he looked like human before was due to memory constrains... Doubt they are going down that road again. Which is good, less Clone Wars = better.
    Last edited by Xenon; 01-12-2019 at 04:58 AM.

Special Forces Agent Yellow Ledbetter's Avatar
    PSN
    AMULETofSHINNOK
    Steam
    YellowLedbetter
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble21 View Post
    Do we know of kittelson had total control on the story in the comics? Or did NRS just give him a guideline? Because kittleson on the main game, maybe his influence with affect the roster . ( Reiko, Havik)
    While Kittelsen is a competent writer, and mostly seems a good person, I do hope we never have MK Comics like the last one EVER again.

The comics were screaming "non canon" from a point in the story. It started VERY good, but I think after Kotal cut off Goro's arms it went sh1t. It wasn't just some small plot holes, there were things that conflicted DIRECTLY with what the game showed.

But I think this is WBs fault, not even NRS. They probably said "Hey, Kittelsen, write any BS about the theme 'Reiko Accords'" and, as @Commander said, you can kill these and we want these others to appear".

Is it bad to think that Reiko did some awful thing that made Earthrealm and Outworld come to a non aggression pact? Of course not. The problem is that Kittelsen wrote things that were absolutely off the game (Ermac on Mileena's side, Erron Black's desire of being a Black Dragon, Goro's side in the war and fate, Cassie and Jacqui in Outworld, Onaga and Red Dragon, time mistakes, Kano and Sub-Zero, Sub-Zero and Scorpion, and many more), and instead of saying "I actually didn't know what I was doing because the draft wasn't too deep and I didn't have access to the game script, so I started inventing things" he started making amends like "oh, but Ermac betrayed Mileena, then he went back, but then he betrayed again".

Ffs, imagination is a good thing but to imagine these things to fix plot holes just breaks the mood.

At the least this time give the writer full access to the story, to avoid BS.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I loved how Kotal owned Goro in the comics. And his daddy for a good measure.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenon For This Useful Post:

BANALITY
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Ledbetter View Post
    While Kittelsen is a competent writer, and mostly seems a good person, I do hope we never have MK Comics like the last one EVER again.

The comics were screaming "non canon" from a point in the story. It started VERY good, but I think after Kotal cut off Goro's arms it went sh1t. It wasn't just some small plot holes, there were things that conflicted DIRECTLY with what the game showed.

But I think this is WBs fault, not even NRS. They probably said "Hey, Kittelsen, write any BS about the theme 'Reiko Accords'" and, as @Commander said, you can kill these and we want these others to appear".

Is it bad to think that Reiko did some awful thing that made Earthrealm and Outworld come to a non aggression pact? Of course not. The problem is that Kittelsen wrote things that were absolutely off the game (Ermac on Mileena's side, Erron Black's desire of being a Black Dragon, Goro's side in the war and fate, Cassie and Jacqui in Outworld, Onaga and Red Dragon, time mistakes, Kano and Sub-Zero, Sub-Zero and Scorpion, and many more), and instead of saying "I actually didn't know what I was doing because the draft wasn't too deep and I didn't have access to the game script, so I started inventing things" he started making amends like "oh, but Ermac betrayed Mileena, then he went back, but then he betrayed again".

Ffs, imagination is a good thing but to imagine these things to fix plot holes just breaks the mood.

At the least this time give the writer full access to the story, to avoid BS.
    The bullshit is that the comics should have been the game, the game should be NOTHING, that story was just so bad, boring and special forces based. The story in Special Forces (the jax game) was even better than X.

And people that want human Reptile/Ninja clones back = LOL, why they even exist?

Page 28 of 302 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread Information