Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Is it possible the game and the books were written at the same time, and Kittelsen was just given bullet points to work off of? "Here's this is basically what we're doing, we need this story by **** date." That would explain some of the discrepancies, as he only had a basic idea of the story. Just a thought.

Is it possible the game and the books were written at the same time, and Kittelsen was just given bullet points to work off of? "Here's this is basically what we're doing, we need this story by **** date." That would explain some of the discrepancies, as he only had a basic idea of the story. Just a thought.

Yea that is most likely scenario, as a few of the inconsistencies felt too glaring to not be attributed to lack of info.

How on Earth is that unrealistic?! :lol:

They should go dark with Kano's son if they have one and make him find out he wasn't conceived voluntarily, that'd give him a reason to hate his dad and be full or rage. They probably wouldn't do that but it could be pretty dramatic if they went for it.

They should go dark with Kano's son if they have one and make him find out he wasn't conceived voluntarily, that'd give him a reason to hate his dad and be full or rage. They probably wouldn't do that but it could be pretty dramatic if they went for it.

Only THAT would give him the reason. Bruh. Kano ain't Dad material to begin with. Not to mention, how else he could have produced a child. He sees everyone as expendable, has no honor, no loyalty, would sell out his own blood if it paid good.

Only THAT would give him the reason. Bruh. Kano ain't Dad material to begin with. Not to mention, how else he could have produced a child. He sees everyone as expendable, has no honor, no loyalty, would sell out his own blood if it paid good.
The bigger question is, how many different mothers have filed paternity suits against him? That's a lot of child support that he likely didn't pay because he'd rather launder Black Dragon money.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

DwrZ03iW0AAGSrA.jpg:large

Boon tweeted that with the caption "Reptile Konfirmed?"

This appears to be in game. Possibly from story mode, or maybe it's someone's intro where they kill and eat the lizard.

This appears to be in game. Possibly from story mode, or maybe it's someone's intro where they kill and eat the lizard.

It could also just be part of the arena, it could just have little things running around.

It could also just be part of the arena, it could just have little things running around.

I don't think they'd have the camera zoomed in and focused on a background asset like that. This is shot like focus is meant to be on the lizard.

Random thought, I wonder if Reptile is in the game, will he have an alternate timeline version of himself where he's Lizardman? Or will they bring back human Reptile?

I don't think they'd have the camera zoomed in and focused on a background asset like that. This is shot like focus is meant to be on the lizard.

If it were a full screenshot I'd agree with you but they only show us the lizard so they could have easily just taken a screen of it, they could have just done that to show the detail. I'm not saying that's what it is just that it could be.

Just looks like a background creature, probably from a story mode cutscene. The placement of it is very specific.

Random thought, I wonder if Reptile is in the game, will he have an alternate timeline version of himself where he's Lizardman? Or will they bring back human Reptile?

Didn't they explain that the only reason that he looked like human before was due to memory constrains... Doubt they are going down that road again. Which is good, less Clone Wars = better.

Last edited:
Do we know of kittelson had total control on the story in the comics? Or did NRS just give him a guideline? Because kittleson on the main game, maybe his influence with affect the roster . ( Reiko, Havik)

While Kittelsen is a competent writer, and mostly seems a good person, I do hope we never have MK Comics like the last one EVER again.

The comics were screaming "non canon" from a point in the story. It started VERY good, but I think after Kotal cut off Goro's arms it went sh1t. It wasn't just some small plot holes, there were things that conflicted DIRECTLY with what the game showed.

But I think this is WBs fault, not even NRS. They probably said "Hey, Kittelsen, write any BS about the theme 'Reiko Accords'" and, as [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION] said, you can kill these and we want these others to appear".

Is it bad to think that Reiko did some awful thing that made Earthrealm and Outworld come to a non aggression pact? Of course not. The problem is that Kittelsen wrote things that were absolutely off the game (Ermac on Mileena's side, Erron Black's desire of being a Black Dragon, Goro's side in the war and fate, Cassie and Jacqui in Outworld, Onaga and Red Dragon, time mistakes, Kano and Sub-Zero, Sub-Zero and Scorpion, and many more), and instead of saying "I actually didn't know what I was doing because the draft wasn't too deep and I didn't have access to the game script, so I started inventing things" he started making amends like "oh, but Ermac betrayed Mileena, then he went back, but then he betrayed again".

Ffs, imagination is a good thing but to imagine these things to fix plot holes just breaks the mood.

At the least this time give the writer full access to the story, to avoid BS.

I remember how hyped I‘ve been before MKX release. I‘ve read the comics though I usually don’t. Kotal was an instant newcomer favorite for me. I also liked Reiko‘s role and was certain he was going to be in MKX. Then MKX came out and the story was nothing like inside the comics. No blood magic, nothing. So can we consider the MKX comics non-canon?

Gameplaywise MKX is my favorite MK. Well balanced, great graphics, but there are some flaws that manage to prevent MKX from being the best MK game by far. The biggest flaw is the roster with way too many humans from special forces. I still don’t understand why Fujin, Rain and Baraka are not on the main roster. They appear inside story mode and one cannot say they were cameos. Their roles weren‘t much smaller than the roles of Reptile or Ermac. And they aren‘t even revenants which were left out like Sindel, Stryker Nightwolf or Smoke. Speaking of revenants, I still don’t understand why Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana appear human on the roster with their main costumes, that aren‘t part of the story as well. How can what-if-outfits be the main thing? Why is Liu Kang old when he is a revenant? It just feels that the roster is different from story mode. This is what I want to be done better in MK11.

I really hope that Liu and Kitana aren‘t stupidly evil just for the sake of being evil as a revenant. I hate such villains. I want them to have a personality, their reasons to be evil. Much like Raiden when he turns dark.

New Scorpion Render/in game shot just like Raiden and Shao Kahn

Attachments

• 8356305.jpg
    8356305.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I don’t really like how they be changing up how they characters face looks, I hope the scorpion from MKX is a skin or something. The armor and design is tough 🔥