Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

[MENTION=18134]Yellow Ledbetter[/MENTION]

I don't think Shao Kahn will be part of the story as an actual 'living' character - if he's in, I imagine it simply being references (like in MKX) or potentially a couple of flashbacks that use his character model. I don't think he'll be an active part of the plot, because I do not think it would be fair for him to then be DLC as a result. I'd be surprised if he was an actual character you interacted with/fought against - this wasn't done with Goro or Darkseid. I think he may well end up being be the tower sub-boss, though, before Kronika.

Obviously I agree about Fujin, but I think Rain has a much better chance of being in, and I think Noob is basically a lock-in as base roster at this point. If he isn't, he'll 100% be in KP1, but I honestly don't think he'll be DLC.

I would like him to be sub boss in the tower, but I wish it could make sense. It would be awesome if Kronika was like "hey! Goodness everywhere? Here, take Shao Kahn half dragon for you Raiden have fun" in the story. And because it seems eons without Shao Kahn!

Surely, Rain has better chance. Unfortunately. Not because of Rain, but I think Fujin deserved. Where would he be when Raiden goes dark, right? We need flying knees too NRS!

Surely, Rain has better chance. Unfortunately. Not because of Rain, but I think Fujin deserved. Where would he be when Raiden goes dark, right? We need flying knees too NRS!

I suppose we really need to know more about the plot first, but yes Fujin logically should play a leading role in the good guys group if Raiden has gone postal. I think he should have been in MKX but, as I've said before, I don't think NRS either like the character or really know what to do with him. It's possible he'll be in KP1 but I wouldn't hold out hope for him.

As for Rain, it'd be a serious dick move if, after all the teasing and requests, he wasn't in MK 11. I cannot fathom why he'd be the guy on the 'Konquer' screen and then not on the base roster. Even by Boon's standard of trolling I think that'd be a stupid thing to do.

Have you seen this interview?

Two things of note:

1) Going by Himmerick's response, I don't think Shao Kahn will be in story mode, or relevant to the story (as with Goro and Darkseid).

2) I'm curious to know who he is referencing from KP1 - obviously it could be absolutely anyone, but I like to think it may be Havik in terms of it being an old character we've not seen for a while, and being able to do something interesting with him.

But hell, knowing my luck it'll probably be Ermac. ;)

I suppose we really need to know more about the plot first, but yes Fujin logically should play a leading role in the good guys group if Raiden has gone postal. I think he should have been in MKX but, as I've said before, I don't think NRS either like the character or really know what to do with him. It's possible he'll be in KP1 but I wouldn't hold out hope for him.

As for Rain, it'd be a serious dick move if, after all the teasing and requests, he wasn't in MK 11. I cannot fathom why he'd be the guy on the 'Konquer' screen and then not on the base roster. Even by Boon's standard of trolling I think that'd be a stupid thing to do.

Have you seen this interview?

Two things of note:

1) Going by Himmerick's response, I don't think Shao Kahn will be in story mode, or relevant to the story (as with Goro and Darkseid).

2) I'm curious to know who he is referencing from KP1 - obviously it could be absolutely anyone, but I like to think it may be Havik in terms of it being an old character we've not seen for a while, and being able to do something interesting with him.

But hell, knowing my luck it'll probably be Ermac. ;)

I have seen this interview. MKO interviewer was epic about the Christopher Lambert question, Himmerick didn't know what to do! lol it's totally movie Shang Tsung coming back.

I got a different perspective from the Shao Kahn part. Somehow it sounded different, but maybe it's just he cannot talk about it. Still, I'm gonna pre order and I can't wait to hammer down Kano (Mileena this time will escape my wrath?).

But yeah, I see no reason for Rain to be in the menu much like Kitana, Liu Kang and Raiden, and not being in the roster. I hope this time they explore him more, MKX they gave him a very small spotlight, but the best since Armageddon at the least.

I wish someone like Hotaru to be back! But won't dream about these things, very unlikely.

I think Noob, Rain, Smoke and Shang Tsung will be the last characters in the game. Raiden says that Shang Tsung has been dead for ages, but that's what they want you think.

I think it was some generic grey ninja tbh.

Smoke's look wouldn't be that one for sure. I mean, he might be back, but not regarding that menu character IMO.

I’ve been saying that ever since the reveal stream.
I feel like I’m taking freaking crazy pills.
Shaun Himmerick saying that in the reveal stream is exactly why I’ve been saying that Shao will just be another Goro bonus, and his Bio might reference what’s going on in MK11, but nothing more.

They really did Scorpion dirty this game. His spear needs to be amplified to get a combo while Sub and Kabal don't. His teleport cancel costs 2 bars of defense meter while kabal and Jade only one bar

MK11 looks outstanding! The graphics, lighting, redesign and fatal blows and fatalities all look incredible. That being said, am i the only one who is a littlw disappointed with sub-zero's design and combo strings? Everyone one else looks awesome and captures that "wow" factor. Sub-zero...not so much imho.

MK11 looks outstanding! The graphics, lighting, redesign and fatal blows and fatalities all look incredible. That being said, am i the only one who is a littlw disappointed with sub-zero's design and combo strings? Everyone one else looks awesome and captures that "wow" factor. Sub-zero...not so much imho.

Sub-Zero is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'd disagree, if only for his EX slide alone. One of the most badass moves he's ever had. Plus the return of the tombstone teleport as a round taunt is godlike

I think he looks great and has some awesome moves, my only complaint about him is purely superficial but I hate that hat/headgear piece they have on as him as his first skin, the one with the rain gutters on the side lol. I hope they'll gives us the option to make headgear invisible on all characters, would love to see scorpions face too.

I'd disagree, if only for his EX slide alone. One of the most badass moves he's ever had. Plus the return of the tombstone teleport as a round taunt is godlike

I agree. I do like those little touches, but recycling kenshi's DA stance is kind of lazy. I get the chinese motif they have, but his color scheme is too pastel and i feel like as a grand master he should have a more imposing fighting style. I loved mk9. He used tiger style and the tiger was incorporated into his belt. He even used a tiger claw in his uppercut. I just think a master of chinese martial arts should have a little more at his disposal. Aside from that i think the game looks amazing! Raiden looks incredible my only hope is that they add a move that utilizes his lighting swords. Still waiting on kunglao also! Definitely a buy for me. Even the slower, more methodical game play looks pretty boss.

I’ve been saying that ever since the reveal stream.
I feel like I’m taking freaking crazy pills.
Shaun Himmerick saying that in the reveal stream is exactly why I’ve been saying that Shao will just be another Goro bonus, and his Bio might reference what’s going on in MK11, but nothing more.

I think most people have always assumed he won't be in the story, and is a repeat of Goro and Darkseid, but obviously a few people like to think otherwise.

[MENTION=18004]mattteo[/MENTION]

Is that Yes? It sounds like Yes. I'd love to see NRS attempting trailers with Yes instead of shit like 21 Savage.

@<u><a href="https://www.trmk.org/forums/member.php?u=18004" target="_blank">mattteo</a></u>

Is that Yes? It sounds like Yes. I'd love to see NRS attempting trailers with Yes instead of shit like 21 Savage.

The songs in the video? Sorry, which one do you mean?? Accidentally deleted it, here it is again:

The first song in the video - it's very familiar and I thought it was by Yes, but it's probably someone else and I'm just confusing things.

I do wonder what Arcade endings in MKX will end up being canon? Even some of the arcade endings from MK9 end up being canon like Raiden's and Sektor's endings.

DznaIGpWwAInOyU.jpg

More characters are coming, that's all they announced for now. 2019 release window is all we know

Also looks like there's someone's face behind the mk logo yeah? With a scar on their lip. Almost looks like Kotal from the headgear, but maybe I'm tripping