Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

It really would surprise me if we got Cyrax and Sektor again, given Boon / NRS' whole thing about not having "repeat DLC" in MK games. Triborg technically already brought those 2 in the last game, along with Cyber Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero.
Also, I still think that if we get a full set of 6 characters for DLC that it will be 50/50 between MK characters and guests, unfortunately.

Triborg is his own character and not really Cyrax, Sektor or Smoke. I do think it would be odd that he would get both Stryker and Robocop in the same since they are both cop characters that would play similar with each other. Unless Robo is added to fool with people which is possible.

I don't want three MK fighters and three guest again because we will have nine guest characters in total if we get three Kombat Packs.

Unfortunately, though, that's probably what will happen because they tend to have a 50/50 ratio for the DLC characters.

The only way I'd accept having both Robocop and Stryker is if they were to somehow fuse them together. Considering how they mixed Alien and Baraka in MKX, I don't think it would be too far fetched. They pretty much have the same M.O.s.

Triborg is his own character and not really Cyrax, Sektor or Smoke.

Yes, technically he was a new character by name.
He was an amalgamation of the 4 cyborgs, though, and I could see NRS not repeating DLC with him or the characters within him, as people would be paying twice to be able to access / play as the same characters for 2 games in a row (Cyrax and Sektor).

He's basically like 1 of those Taco Bell / Pizza Hut / KFC restaurants back in the day.
Yeah, technically the restaurant was it's own type of thing, but you can get the same food in the menu as you would in the stand alone chains as well.
In reality, though, Triborg was just a means to an end.
You had to pay for Triborg if you wanted to play as either Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke or Cyber Sub-Zero.

EDIT:

Didn't feel like making another post, but could this MK11 Aftermath Kollection mean the Komplete / XL Edition of MK11?

https://steamdb.info/app/976310/history/

If so, I think that along with the recent e-mail leak of Ash that it confirms a KP2 being announced some time in the not too distant future.
Keep in mind that the MK11 Aftermath Kollection wasn't added to the steamDB page until today.

Last edited:
Triborg really just seemed like a way for them to have all the cyborgs in without having to come up with variations for all of them.

You know she's going to be banned online and in tournaments, just like Akuma in SSF2T.

Or perhaps you can have fun being the 2017 Houston Asterisks Astros of the MK11 playerbase.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm good with that. I can play locally as her against my friends. Plus, I usually love playing the Klassic Towers and she'd be very fun for that.

I don’t like having a character on the based roster from MKX being DLC. It feels wrong paying for someone who was free to play in the previous game.

I don't think the Takeda and Stryker thing will mean that they'll be DLC, though.
They were listed under cinematic, but that could be a reference to them appearing in a character ending and not necessarily that they'll be playable in MK11.

It just wouldn't make sense to me for them to remove Havik's assist shortly after the game launched if they didn't plan on making him playable in the future.

I don’t like having a character on the based roster from MKX being DLC. It feels wrong paying for someone who was free to play in the previous game.
Nrs and WB bank on this very notion. A huge number of fans opened their wallets and said ''here you go, I'll gladly fork over extra dough to play my main again!" My prediction is MK12 will just be scorpion and a bunch of guest characters. The actual MK roster will be dlc. I know people will call me crazy but it wouldn't be out of character of NRS to do something like that.

Nrs and WB bank on this very notion. A huge number of fans opened their wallets and said ''here you go, I'll gladly fork over extra dough to play my main again!" My prediction is MK12 will just be scorpion and a bunch of guest characters. The actual MK roster will be dlc. I know people will call me crazy but it wouldn't be out of character of NRS to do something like that.

If that's the case, it shouldn't be called Mortal Kombat. I wouldn't be opposed to it though as long as it has fatalities (or any COOL finisher if it'll be rated Teen) and the game play style is exactly like Mortal Kombat and Injustice. I would have at least 9 MK characters in it including Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Kitana, Sonya, Johnny Cage (he can dress up as anyone such as Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Jax, Stryker, and etc), Shang Tsung (a boss character that can morph into anyone in the MK series who would not be playable in this game), Shao Kahn (also a boss character), and Kronika (the true final boss of the game who is "balancing" all worlds again).

The title should be "WB: Battle Royale".

Here is an interesting base roster for it in fact...

MK Characters:
* Scorpion
* Sub-Zero
* Raiden
* Kitana
* Sonya
* Johnny Cage
* Shang Tsung (Hidden Character and Boss Character)
* Shao Kahn (Hidden Character and Boss Character)
* Kronika (Hidden Character and Final Boss Character)

Batman Characters:
* Batman
* Joker
* Catwoman
* Harley Quinn

Other DC Characters:
* Superman
* Wonder Woman
* Green Lantern
* The Flash
* Killer Frost
* Sinestro
* Darkseid (Hidden Character and Boss Character)
* Brainiac (Hidden Character and Boss Character)

Cyberpunk Characters

Hitman Characters

The Witcher Characters

Harry Potter Characters

If that's the case, it shouldn't be called Mortal Kombat. I wouldn't be opposed to it though as long as it has fatalities (or any COOL finisher if it'll be rated Teen) and the game play style is exactly like Mortal Kombat and Injustice. I would have at least 9 MK characters in it including Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Kitana, Sonya, Johnny Cage (he can dress up as anyone such as Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Jax, Stryker, and etc), Shang Tsung (a boss character that can morph into anyone in the MK series who would not be playable in this game), Shao Kahn (also a boss character), and Kronika (the true final boss of the game who is "balancing" all worlds again).

MK Characters:
* Scorpion
* Sub-Zero
* Raiden
* Kitana
* Sonya
* Johnny Cage

Batman Characters:
* Batman
* Joker
* Catwoman
* Harley Quinn

Other DC Characters:
* Superman
* Wonder Woman
* Green Lantern
* The Flash
* Killer Frost
* Sinestro

Cyberpunk Characters

Hitman Characters

The Witcher Characters

Harry Potter Characters

o_O What did I just read? Absolutely not.

MK Characters:
* Scorpion
* Sub-Zero
* Raiden
* Kitana
* Sonya
* Johnny Cage

Batman Characters:
* Batman
* Joker
* Catwoman
* Harley Quinn

Other DC Characters:
* Superman
* Wonder Woman
* Green Lantern
* The Flash
* Killer Frost
* Sinestro

Cyberpunk Characters

Hitman Characters

The Witcher Characters

Harry Potter Characters

Shit like this is why MK became what it is today.

Shit like this is why MK became what it is today.

Well in nasty freaks defense, he did say it shouldn't be called Mortal Kombat. My only issue with this idea is NRS already made that game it was called mk vs dc and it flopped but it set the stage for MK9 and injustice gods among us. If these events didn't take place, both games may have never happened.

Last edited:
Well in nasty freaks defense, he did say it shouldn't be called Mortal Kombat. My only issue with this idea is NRS already made that game it was called mk vs dc and it flopped but it set the stage for MK9 and injustice gods among us. If these events didn't take place, both games may have never happened.

It didn't set anything, because not only it flopped, but Midway also went bankrupt. In what world you would want to make a sequel after that?

Originally they thought that MK v DC will set up what features will be in the next game, but after the flop they blamed everything on 3D, rebuilt engine for 2D only and MK9 was their "make or break".

It didn't set anything, because not only it flopped, but Midway also went bankrupt. In what world you would want to make a sequel after that?

Originally they thought that MK v DC will set up what features will be in the next game, but after the flop they blamed everything on 3D, rebuilt engine for 2D only and MK9 was their "make or break".

MK vs DC didn't flop did it? I remember always seeing it with the Greatest Hits sticker at Gamestop

Firefox_Screenshot_2020-03-30T04-33-27.891Z.png

Yeah, it most definitely wasn't a flop. Even looks like it was one the best selling 3d MK games

Last edited:
MK vs DC didn't flop did it? I remember always seeing it with the Greatest Hits sticker at Gamestop

View attachment 9960

Yeah, it most definitely wasn't a flop. Even looks like it was one the best selling 3d MK games

Its considered a flop because midway went bankrupt right after its release.Publishers spend huge amounts of cash to get games made. It only takes a few financial failures to tank a company which midway had plenty. 150 million of debt to be exact . I remember square enix declaring the Tomb raider reboot a failure despite the game selling over a million units so you can't really go by that information that gamestop provided . Point being it didn't save the company. WB bought what was left and the rest is history. Here's a article/ link about midways financial woes for those interested. https://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22283

Last edited:
Its considered a flop because midway went bankrupt right after its release.Publishers spend huge amounts of cash to get games made. It only takes a few financial failures to tank a company which midway had plenty. 150 million of debt to be exact . I remember square enix declaring the Tomb raider reboot a failure despite the game selling over a million units so you can't really go by that information that gamestop provided . Point being it didn't save the company. WB bought what was left and the rest is history. Here's a article/ link about midways financial woes for those interested. https://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22283

Midway was going to die regardless. MKvsDc didn't tank the company, they were bleeding out for years and MK was one of it's only sources of consistent profit.