Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

It IS a participation Trophy, because the loser gets a freebie, even though they lost.
The winner shouldn't have to kowtow to the loser and quickly put in the code because the loser is a salty, sour b***h who couldn't stand losing.
By definition, a reward given to someone who lost when the loser would not normally be eligible for a trophy IS a participation trophy.

As for canon, whether you like it or not, MK9 through MK11 is canon.
Whether or not you like that (again) is a different story, but the developer considers it to be canon, so it is.
Up until Aftermath, DLC characters (in general) were not canon, but that storymode canonized Shang Tsung, Fujin, Sindel, Nightwolf and Sheeva for MK11.
Story mode is what dictates canon, according to NRS.

Nah, nah. Commander. You don't get it. Tarkatan thinks that "His opinion > Creators of MK say so about THEIR OWN CREATION"

And yeah. One of the things I liked in MKX and MK11. Quitalities are way more satisfying. Because the player doesn't get to run away like a pussy. Hara-kiri always felt like "I can't handle the loss, so I am running away." Nah dude. Accept the punishment. You lost.

It IS a participation Trophy, because the loser gets a freebie, even though they lost.
The winner shouldn't have to kowtow to the loser and quickly put in the code because the loser is a salty, sour b***h who couldn't stand losing.
By definition, a reward given to someone who lost when the loser would not normally be eligible for a trophy IS a participation trophy.

As for canon, whether you like it or not, MK9 through MK11 is canon.
Whether or not you like that (again) is a different story, but the developer considers it to be canon, so it is.
Up until Aftermath, DLC characters (in general) were not canon, but that storymode canonized Shang Tsung, Fujin, Sindel, Nightwolf and Sheeva for MK11.
Story mode is what dictates canon, according to NRS.
MK9 to MK11 are not canon because of the mere presence of characters who are NOT Mortal Kombat characters. On top of that, the Sindel retcon that contradicts her original backstory written by a Ko-Kreator should be enough to call the canon status of the current timeline into serious doubt.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MK9 to MK11 are not canon because of the mere presence of characters who are NOT Mortal Kombat characters. On top of that, the Sindel retcon that contradicts her original backstory written by a Ko-Kreator should be enough to call the canon status of the current timeline into serious doubt.

You do realize that all those things were approved by original creators?

So, when the other co-creator approves of it (Boon), then what?
Is it still not valid because YOU don't approve of it?

Also, the "non-canon" because of guest DLC is a flawed argument.
Not only did (1) DLC for MK games not exist from the SNES / Genesis era to the PS2 / Xbox era of MK games, but (2) guest DLC just that: extra content. As in, not part of the game that gets shipped.
So, while I don't particularly give 2 shits for guests, they're not a part of the story mode for any of the last 3 games, so they don't invalidate the story in any way, shape or form.
One thing has nothing to do with the other.
Again, the ONLY characters that were DLC for MK11 that were validated as canon via the Aftermath story mode were Sindel, Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Fujin and Sheeva.... all of which are MK characters and not guests.

So, when the other co-creator approves of it (Boon), then what?
Is it still not valid because YOU don't approve of it?

Also, the "non-canon" because of guest DLC is a flawed argument.
Not only did (1) DLC for MK games not exist from the SNES / Genesis era to the PS2 / Xbox era of MK games, but (2) guest DLC just that: extra content. As in, not part of the game that gets shipped.
So, while I don't particularly give 2 shits for guests, they're not a part of the story mode for any of the last 3 games, so they don't invalidate the story in any way, shape or form.
One thing has nothing to do with the other.
Again, the ONLY characters that were DLC for MK11 that were validated as canon via the Aftermath story mode were Sindel, Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Fujin and Sheeva.... all of which are MK characters and not guests.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of the NRS writers shit on the other Ko-Kreator (John Tobias) by claiming that Tobias's own writings were "the personal headcanon of certain fans"? Yet another reason to call WB canon into question!

That's Kittelsen. He joined the MK scene with MKX comics (part of the reason why the comics were so disconnected with the actual game), had nothing to do with MK9, ruined 11 and iirc no longer with MK at all.

Meanwhile Ed Boon was there the entire time, and like I typed previously, was either directly or indirectly responsible how it went. Why aren't you calling him out as well then?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of the NRS writers shit on the other Ko-Kreator (John Tobias) by claiming that Tobias's own writings were "the personal headcanon of certain fans"? Yet another reason to call WB canon into question!

You're wrong. Kittelsen said that Sindel being good was a fan headcannon. As in, we as fans imagined that stuff. We just missed the signs, you know. Just like we missed the clues in previous games, that Kronika was behind all of the events. That's what Kittelsen implied. Also he used his kid as human shield against criticism.

Either way it doesn't matter. All changes, all ideas had to be approved by Ed Boon. He is a Creative Director. That means he gets all the info about all of the changes. And if he approved them, that means it is canon now. He is OG creator after all.

You're wrong. Kittelsen said that Sindel being good was a fan headcannon. As in, we as fans imagined that stuff. We just missed the signs, you know. Just like we missed the clues in previous games, that Kronika was behind all of the events. That's what Kittelsen implied. Also he used his kid as human shield against criticism.

Either way it doesn't matter. All changes, all ideas had to be approved by Ed Boon. He is a Creative Director. That means he gets all the info about all of the changes. And if he approved them, that means it is canon now. He is OG creator after all.
Kittelsen could say the earth is round and I'd still call him a liar based on the source alone, because every word he ever says is a lie!

Kittelsen could say the earth is round and I'd still call him a liar based on the source alone, because every word he ever says is a lie!

On that, nobody disagrees with you. He is a c^nt and also seems to be a crappy father. But while that may be the case, it doesn't change the fact that Ed Boon approved the dude's bullshit.

Ed Boon has never been a reliable source on story material anyway. For example, in the bonus features of MKD, he referred to Jade as an "Evil Kitana", when that has always been the furthest thing from the truth.

Ed Boon has never been a reliable source on story material anyway. For example, in the bonus features of MKD, he referred to Jade as an "Evil Kitana", when that has always been the furthest thing from the truth.

Doesn't matter. He is one of the OG creators. I mean we all know that Tobias was the one who brought in the theme for Mortal Kombat, but at the end of the day, Boon, Vogel, Tobias and Forden are the OG creators of Mortal Kombat. So if they decide one day, that a fanfic where Sindel is evil is canon, then it is canon. It is their creation. Their word is the law.

Or if they decided to "pass the torch" to someone else, then that person would become the new holder of MK. That's how it works. It ain't for us fans to decide. We can only like or dislike things, but we can't dictate how creators have to treat their creations.

The only thing that devs can't do though is treat their fans like a bunch of idiots.

THIS!
Kittelsen was the one gaslighting the fans, and yes, Boon had to approve everything.
So, given that, it's currently official canon that:

- Sindel was evil all along

- Skarlet is no longer a warrior made from the blood gathered from countless battlefields fused with sorcery (MK9) but rather a "starving wretch" prior to meeting Shao Kahn

- Kabal being a Black Dragon member and later a cop / a good guy (MK3 / MK9) is now been re-written that he was first a cop and Kano tempted him to join the Black Dragon.
^
^
^ [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION], all of that stuff you can thank Kittelsen for writing, and you can also thank Ed Boon for approving it.
We need Vogel to be in charge of writing, once again.

As a side note:
I liked the MKX comics, but yeah, to me it feels like Kittelsen was given too much power between the end of MKX and MK11 and he let all of that power / responsibility get to his head, screwing up the source material in the process.

I have a little something for Kittelsen.

205c969bf4dfa446a4c354a89317ab8e.jpg

Kittlesten brought to life some of the best moments in MK history.

The only good thing that Kittelsen did and IMMEDIATELY BUTCHERED, was showing that you don't need universe ending threats to make a good story and give tension to it.

That short coverage of Outworld's Civil War, was the best thing to come out about MK's world. Stories like that give an option for even the lowest tier characters to shine and we get inside look of MK world. You could make a story of Havik trying to destabilize and destroy any order in just Order realm and that could be the coolest story ever. You get to see inner workings of the realms, minor characters get to shine and get fleshed out and you actually have time to EXPLORE THE F%CKING WORLD.

But then Kittelsen just went full retard and with that another fanfic writer started making up shit with Kronika.

So [MENTION=5028]Commander[/MENTION]....
Yesterday I rewatched MK11 story. Remember how you were telling me regarding the entire Timeline debacle that only "life threatening" damage matters. As in, punches and kicks are A-OK, however LIFE THREATENING damage such a scratch on Johnny Cage's cheek or a Zombie getting his legs destroyed is what really matters. Getting punched in the balls is not life threatening and therefore "doesn't count"! However...

MK11 Main Story, JC punches young Kano in the balls, which seemingly did absolutely no effect to the old Kano who had captured young JC. And yet later on, Sonya kicks young Kano in the gut, and old Kano gets instantly affected by it. :lol: You also had young JC getting shot in the arm, I wonder if old JC also experienced the same?.... Or better yet, why didn't just old Kano torture or constantly punch young JC, and make it impossible for old JC to do anything?

This story is such a incoherent pile of vomit, which only gets worse and worse as time passes by.
[MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION]
"Kittlesten brought to life some of the best moments in MK history."

He also eclipsed those moments with the bullshit that is Mortal Kombat 11.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. I just remembered something. So as you know, all of MK11 models have been successfully ripped and are now being used for whatever people use them. But here is an interesting thing I learned recently from one of the modders.

Remember how much shit I gave about Bald Frost and you guys were like "Oh, you're overreacting. It is just an early model, they will change it!"

Turns out. Frost actually has a full fledge model where she is bald. The model with a headpiece covering her bald head is an entirely different asset, so the completely bald Frost is it's own model. It has different colors too and different outfit from the other "half bald" Frost. No other models have that (well... except Kronika) That wasn't an early build. That was a final model. If leaks didn't happen, that caused the backlash she still would be on the roster.