Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

The biggest thing I want to know is if Shao Kahn's helmet comes off/can be removed in gear settings and if he has the horns on his head. With his appearance being more draconic this game, I think it'd be fitting

You can customize the helmet, I think you might be able to do so.

He surely has his horns. Aside from Shaolin Monks, Shao Kahn has horns like John Tobias has designed him since MKvsDC, and they are present in MK9, it's only hidden by the helmet, but any program you can remove it or clip in, you can see.

You can customize the helmet, I think you might be able to do so.

He surely has his horns. Aside from Shaolin Monks, Shao Kahn has horns like John Tobias has designed him since MKvsDC, and they are present in MK9, it's only hidden by the helmet, but any program you can remove it or clip in, you can see.

I thought John Tobias stepped away from MK after MK4?

I think I know what you mean by the horns. I've seen images of these claw like horns going upwards over his forehead. Same as in Shaolin Monks.

I thought John Tobias stepped away from MK after MK4?

I think I know what you mean by the horns. I've seen images of these claw like horns going upwards over his forehead. Same as in Shaolin Monks.

Yup, but he designed that in MKII, when everybody in Outworld would be like Baraka.

tumblr_inline_no4wnlrEzy1rn36pu_540.jpg

He is really this "beautiful", and while 3D era I never seen how he is on the inside of the helmet (even though I think he isn't like this due to Armageddon KAF), MKvsDC and then on he had this face, only hidden.

But they were very careful to make him like this, even if there is no way of you seen this in game. I can konfirm this, I've even showed here once (alongside Erron Black's and Rain's face), because I have Garry's Mod, so I could peek their masks. But you can do this on other softwares if you have the models.

So I believe Shao Kahn will have his face on MK11 too. Specially with this new design. I just wonder who will donate the face lol even though he absolutely looks in his MK9 face, just better.

Newest Gamesfaq story spoiler, if true I'm out of speech.

Spoiler:
Frost and Kronika are the same person from different time periods. The cyber Lin Kuei are time cops. Geras is future Jax, well his soul in a golem/machine.
You get to make choices during the story.
1st choice is during chapter 3, you play as either Shao Khan or Kotal Khan and determine the ruler of Outworld.
2nd choice is in chapter 6 as young Liu & young Lao on who to give the keys of time to Kronika or Korrupted Raiden.
3rd choice is in chapter 9 as Hanzo & Kuai on whether to pursue Noob or stop Frost.
Final choice is 3 ways in chapter 12 as Jacqui & Cassie side with Young Raiden or Korrupt Raiden or Revenant Liu Kang.

Deaths:
Reptile killed by Erron Black
Ermac killed by Erron Black
Shao Khan killed by Kotal Khan (depending)
Kotal Khan killed by Shao Khan (depending)
Old Jax kills himself to erase Geras from time
Shinnok killed by Kronika
Kenshi/Takeda/Jin killed by Geras & Frost
Old Kuai Lang killed by Noob Saibot
Hanzo killed by Scorpion
D'Vorah killed by Jade

Cameos
Hotaru
Li Mei
Dagon
Sindel

Ok, idea of Jacqui being new champion of Mortal Kombat is... so so but the rest is top notch.

Last edited:
Newest Gamesfaq story spoiler, if true I'm out of speech.

Spoiler:
Frost and Kronika are the same person from different time periods. The cyber Lin Kuei are time cops. Geras is future Jax, well his soul in a golem/machine.
You get to make choices during the story.
1st choice is during chapter 3, you play as either Shao Khan or Kotal Khan and determine the ruler of Outworld.
2nd choice is in chapter 6 as young Liu & young Lao on who to give the keys of time to Kronika or Korrupted Raiden.
3rd choice is in chapter 9 as Hanzo & Kuai on whether to pursue Noob or stop Frost.
Final choice is 3 ways in chapter 12 as Jacqui & Cassie side with Young Raiden or Korrupt Raiden or Revenant Liu Kang.

Deaths:
Reptile killed by Erron Black
Ermac killed by Erron Black
Shao Khan killed by Kotal Khan (depending)
Kotal Khan killed by Shao Khan (depending)
Old Jax kills himself to erase Geras from time
Shinnok killed by Kronika
Kenshi/Takeda/Jin killed by Geras & Frost
Old Kuai Lang killed by Noob Saibot
Hanzo killed by Scorpion
D'Vorah killed by Jade

Cameos
Hotaru
Li Mei
Dagon
Sindel

Ok, idea of Jacqui being new champion of Mortal Kombat is... so so but the rest is top notch.

I can confidently say this has to be false.

Don't trust GameFaqs for your story spoilers, thanks

Spoiler:
The same guy predicted some cool shit like Sektor and Cyrax aiding MK3 Kano and voila:

MOD NOTE: The game is not officially released yet, please use spoiler tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I should be a better man, and all, but I think I will take this opportunity this one time. Anyone who told me, how I can't predict game story based on a trailer. Suck it. I knew it was gonna be a typical PREDICTABLE hollywood shit. Chapter 1 is word by word, of what I expected. And the remaining chapters just... well. I guess it doesn't matter at this point. Have fun.

And... I saw Frost intro. gameplay and fatality... yeah. I dodged the bullet, like a madafawking Neo, with this one.

Krypt gameplay looks really fun!
Spoiler:
There was a video uploaded to youtube but it got deleted already...
Looks like you have to solve some kinda puzzles to progress. Also I saw a lot of bodies hanging

I need someone to DM hopefully before next Monday about what choices I need to make in order to obtain the Best Ending. Besides making sure Kotal kills Shao and I would assume to have Sub-Zero and Scorpion going after Frost is more important than Noob Saibot. I want to mostly know who is Cassie and Jacqui going to side with for the best scenario?

I need someone to DM hopefully before next Monday about what choices I need to make in order to obtain the Best Ending. Besides making sure Kotal kills Shao and I would assume to have Sub-Zero and Scorpion going after Frost is more important than Noob Saibot. I want to mostly know who is Cassie and Jacqui going to side with for the best scenario?

That gamefaq leak is fake. From what I've read from people who have played the game (and proved it with videos) the only choices you have to make are:
Spoiler:
Who fights certain fights. That's it. Like "would you rather use Scorpion or Sub-Zero for this fight?" or stuff like that with the outcome being the same no matter who you use.

Yeah. There are only two endings. WIN or LOSE. That's all.

Also if internet goes down you lose access to certain modes and customization. GG. Getting live updates from a friend that got the game earlier as the shop where he pre-ordered the game was closing for renovations, so they gave him the copy earlier.

That gamefaq leak is fake. From what I've read from people who have played the game (and proved it with videos) the only choices you have to make are:
Spoiler:
Who fights certain fights. That's it. Like "would you rather use Scorpion or Sub-Zero for this fight?" or stuff like that with the outcome being the same no matter who you use.

I sincerely hope this is the case because if I get a bad ending I'm letting you all know my frustration :The_Villagers:

Shao Kahn was awesome today, I really look forward playing with him. I wonder if there is rising knee, because it was only shown in his fatal blow.

Also, Raiden's MKII/MK9 is waaaaaaay better than the raincoat one IMO. I mean, the raincoat is an obvious nod to MKII, except the leg part of course, but the chest they tried to reproduce a fresh look for that game. I prefer the one in the trailer.

I have been wondering if what we have seen in the story trailers isn't temporary. In the Shao Kahn vs Kotal Kahn, you can clearly see that Liu Kang has MKII outfit when Shao attacks Kotal, but then, in an immediate scene, he's wearing his shirt on top of MKII outfit. I doubt he changed only to fight lol

I wonder if looks like this new Raiden's and Skarlet's red ponytail won't be added in the story. I mean, unless story is recorded,so we would have like Tanya (no white eyes), but if they can just replace the models, I think that might be possible.

[...]

What about the switch trailer right? MKII JC is pretty dumb lol Kano fighting alongside Kano, Sektor on the table (maybe Kronika wants Sektor back?), Kitana seems to be uniting Outworld too (maybe working with Kotal? I think the Kitana we know Baraka is working with is past, not Empress. Also, intros suggest Kotal offered a better thing for Tarkata, but not Shao). I mean, three people to the throne? Unlikely. But would be cool.

Very small glimpse to the Warrior Shrine!

I wonder what Kronika is putting on her head. I mean, green aether is usually soul in MK universe. Maybe she did that on Shang Tsung's island? Let's just say that...this might be a possiblity.

[...]

ALSO, today I saw two spoiler things in an Instagram page. One was something I already knew, unfortunately, but didn't actually spoiled the real reason for that.

One that might interest you, but won't spoil anything, is that the Krypt is really gonna be like a Konquest mode. Even reminds me of the latest GoW (seriously). Third person, Kratos like view, puzzles.

But then I saw a screenshot of a fight that will take place in story mode. It also didn't spoil something big, it was just someone from the roster against a special someone that I wasn't expecting. And it was real. Nothing like "wow! that's a huge secret!" but it was alarming enough to ensure me that things are gonna get messier.

Also, Endgame is coming, and internet is full of BS and leaks. So it's time for old Yellow to have that hiatus.

I'd like to wish everybody a good game, those who are suspicious about it, analyze better MK11, if you don't like it, c'mon, follow the story, it will be fun. I hope it lives to our expectations and after the release we can talk about all the s#1t that will be going on. Good luck for PC people, see you guys in-between MK11 and Avengers lol but i'm surely commenting on story and we will have a long time for Krypt and Towers.

See you guys soon, may the Elder Gods lift their lazy ass to deliver a good time for all of you.