Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

You mean being a gaming purist? Being a gaming purist is the very personification of awesomeness.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Purists like you got us the exact same shit for 10 years now. We get nothing, but reboots, remakes and the same f%cking game mode with 20 different names now. Literally entire market is getting stagnant, cause people are tired of seeing same shit over and over again.

If for you being stagnant and not moving forward is awesome, then good for you. But I'd like to push the limits and see what's behind the veil, not sit in one place like some depressed 40 year old dude who spends every evening looking in the mirror and reliving his glorious past, because he is too scared of looking at the present and the future. Anything to keep his thoughts away from that balding spot.

Change will happen one way or another. You can scream, you can throw tantrums like a baby, but life moves on. If you refuse to change and improve then... you will be left in your glorious past. A relic.

I'm still waiting for that Poison Ivy outfit for Cetrion! And I mean one that will not have bugs and glitches. I also hope NRS fixes the bug where her hair pokes from the back to her chest when she does her "Good and Evil" fatality while wearing her second outfit. The outfit where she looks corrupted.

Purists like you got us the exact same shit for 10 years now. We get nothing, but reboots, remakes and the same f%cking game mode with 20 different names now. Literally entire market is getting stagnant, cause people are tired of seeing same shit over and over again.

If for you being stagnant and not moving forward is awesome, then good for you. But I'd like to push the limits and see what's behind the veil, not sit in one place like some depressed 40 year old dude who spends every evening looking in the mirror and reliving his glorious past, because he is too scared of looking at the present and the future. Anything to keep his thoughts away from that balding spot.

Change will happen one way or another. You can scream, you can throw tantrums like a baby, but life moves on. If you refuse to change and improve then... you will be left in your glorious past. A relic.

That's a lie and you know it! If purists were getting their way, there would be no guest characters, no reboots at all (you know, the exact opposite of what you claimed), and no backstory retcons whatsoever (ESPECIALLY the Sindel retcon)! You have also been defending "fans" who are being disrespectful to the ROOTS of Mortal Kombat!

That's a lie and you know it! If purists were getting their way, there would be no guest characters, no reboots at all (you know, the exact opposite of what you claimed), and no backstory retcons whatsoever (ESPECIALLY the Sindel retcon)! You have also been defending "fans" who are being disrespectful to the ROOTS of Mortal Kombat!

Nah, I am already seeing what we would be getting. Just remove politics and you're left with exact same shit. Never moving on. Just keep everything the same way it was. Never change, never challenge anything. Stay and be afraid like a little b%tch.

You have also been defending "fans" who are being disrespectful to the ROOTS of Mortal Kombat!

Well unlike you, I don't have shit for brains and don't think that I am in a position to dictate who is the real fan or not. Everyone that likes MK is a fan. If they have a different vision for it, fine. I can argue with them, I can disagree with them, but at the end of the day I am not gonna be a piece of shit and start screaming "You're not a real fan, cause you didn't follow these series for almost 30 years!"

I don't really care what BBBLP says about you. You're trolling or not, it doesn't matter. I have been in this forum since MK9 days and you have never skipped a beat. If this is some long running joke about being an overzealous fan, then I think you forgot the punchline. At this point it is just pathetic.

Long story short. You so called "purists" are the same cancer to gaming and creativity as SJW. Sit in one place and don't try anything else new. Everyone has to like things, that we like! Stagnation personified. And congrats. You achieved it. Cause MK12 will be retelling of the same events. Guaranteed.

"New generation! Experience the story from 30 years ago! A re-imagined world of Mortal Kombat and its diverse cast! Meet Trans Johnny Cage! She was a CIS straight white male, but when she was 15, she received a vision from Non Binary Raiden about her true destiny! So she cut off her D and became the chosen female fighter! Also meet Liu Kang! He is best at everything! He lives in China, in a country there nothing goes wrong! Like seriously! The same way as in real life! Amazing country to visit!

Oh and we removed all females!"

F%ck yourself.

Nah, I am already seeing what we would be getting. Just remove politics and you're left with exact same shit. Never moving on. Just keep everything the same way it was. Never change, never challenge anything. Stay and be afraid like a little b%tch.

Well unlike you, I don't have shit for brains and don't think that I am in a position to dictate who is the real fan or not. Everyone that likes MK is a fan. If they have a different vision for it, fine. I can argue with them, I can disagree with them, but at the end of the day I am not gonna be a piece of shit and start screaming "You're not a real fan, cause you didn't follow these series for almost 30 years!"

I don't really care what BBBLP says about you. You're trolling or not, it doesn't matter. I have been in this forum since MK9 days and you have never skipped a beat. If this is some long running joke about being an overzealous fan, then I think you forgot the punchline. At this point it is just pathetic.

Long story short. You so called "purists" are the same cancer to gaming and creativity as SJW. Sit in one place and don't try anything else new. Everyone has to like things, that we like! Stagnation personified. And congrats. You achieved it. Cause MK12 will be retelling of the same events. Guaranteed.

"New generation! Experience the story from 30 years ago! A re-imagined world of Mortal Kombat and its diverse cast! Meet Trans Johnny Cage! She was a CIS straight white male, but when she was 15, she received a vision from Non Binary Raiden about her true destiny! So she cut off her D and became the chosen female fighter! Also meet Liu Kang! He is best at everything! He lives in China, in a country there nothing goes wrong! Like seriously! The same way as in real life! Amazing country to visit!

Oh and we removed all females!"

F%ck yourself.
The last time something "new" about MK was legitimately good was the Motor Kombat minigame, which was in 2006. PURE Mortal Kombat died with Midway.

If the past is better than the present (which, in the case of MK, it most certainly is), you would want the past back, wouldn't you? This isn't about me wanting to "live in the past", this is me wanting the BEST things about MK to be copy/pasted, and everything bad about MK to be thrown in the trash where it belongs.

Last edited:
Well, puritans are getting their way with MK... So you already have some success, even if it goes against the original Midway games. :lol:

Well, puritans are getting their way with MK... So you already have some success, even if it goes against the original Midway games.
Then why do I still see guest characters in MK? Why do I still see a Sindel retcon? Why do I see people NOT named Ed Boon, John Vogel, John Tobias, or Dan Forden writing the MK story? That's the exact opposite of purists getting their way. We even had one fan here openly call for a Mortal Kombat game without Fatalities circa 2012/2013, which would be equally as big a travesty as removing Scorpion and Sub-Zero from the roster.

Then why do I still see guest characters in MK? Why do I still see a Sindel retcon? Why do I see people NOT named Ed Boon, John Vogel, John Tobias, or Dan Forden writing the MK story? That's the exact opposite of purists getting their way. We even had one fan here openly call for a Mortal Kombat game without Fatalities circa 2012/2013, which would be equally as big a travesty as removing Scorpion and Sub-Zero from the roster.

Oh wow. You reached the point, where you're trying to dictate the actual CREATORS of MK? That's a new level.

1. I was talking about puritans. The people who got their way with certain costumes. Puritans are purists, and yet they got to change designs that were a staple of the original Midway games. Guess it's not too pure?
2. Ed Boon, Dan Forden do not write the MK story. Tobias left a long time ago. Vogel jumped ship as well iirc. Ed Boon is also the man who gets to do decide the direction of the game, and like an old school puritan-purist he was directly or indirectly responsible for the travesty that's not pure enough for you.
3. 2012 was 8 years ago. You actually keep tabs with what people said here that long ago? Wow...now that's an obsession! :grin:

[MENTION=17789]Tarkatan_Trash[/MENTION] Also the so called "NOT TRUE" MK story. The current writers got approved by the creators themselves. That makes whatever the shit they made "Canon". Creators have the final say, not some random dude on a forum. MK11 is the canon and true MK now, you like it or not.

Yeah, there are a lot of game genres in this situation. RTS is another example. You should check out Metro, game has stealth mixed with FPS and pseudo-Open World. It's damn good, especially Exodus. Stealth isn't exactly Splinter Cell levels, but pretty good.

I'll definitely check it out.

DLC characters can keep the interest for only so long. It is a very short term strategy, that doesn't really pay off much in the long run.

If you want the game to thrive, you have to give OPTIONS to the gamers. UE3 engine, no matter how customized it is, is clearly outdated and very limited. It is using outdated compression system (a fighting game that is almost 100GB in size. W.T.F to that), outdated shaders and MK11 being called best looking fighting game, is like saying that you're best runner in the world, while competing in the race by yourself. NRS is the only company that is going for more "realistic" look and for that they use technologically inferior engine, just cause they are comfortable with it. You can't build a new gen gaming platform on that.

To keep people's interest, you would need to bring in new stages, new costumes, new intros, new outros, new game modes. Basically give options to players. If player has an ability to customize his experience, then they will gladly stay there for way longer and will be more keen in investing into the game.

Even so, if the said game were to keep producing content like that, then they would have to be built in that fashion. Look at SFV. It could have been easily one of the best fighting games, if CAPCOM didn't decide to make the game more Casual friendly and get greedy. It had a great core idea. They built the game as a platform, that could allow new different "modules" to be added into the game over time. New game modes, new collectibles, new story expansion, etc.

But just DLC Characters? Ok. You buy the character. Play it for 1-2 weeks and forget the game. Until the next DLC char.

They're releasing the costume packs for Aftermath until October, the Eternal Klash skins are on rotation in the store and they have a few versions of the sleeveless klassic / movie Shang Tsung skins rotating in the store to get with Krystals, as well. Plus, they always come up with holiday skins, Brutality Towers and other things to keep people interested, so it's not just the DLC characters.

The reason why I initially mentioned DLC characters because those 8 characters (in specific) seem to be the ones that people want to have in MK11 the most, and NRS would make a shit-load of money by selling those characters in packs because they'd be selling people the characters that they want.
As for buying the character and only playing it for 1-2 weeks, yes some people will, but the people asking for those characters could also very well have their next main once that DLC character drops.
Shit, Shang Tsung has been my main since he dropped in June of least year, and so has Fujin since he dropped in May.

Also, Aftermath JUST came out a few months ago and added the 4 additional stages, Stage Fatalities, Friendships and additional story mode.
There's enough stuff to keep people interested for a while, and this is supposedly the game that they're supporting for the longest time (so far).
Aside from the Aftermath content, there's plenty of free stuff that they've added within the last few months.

That's a lie and you know it! If purists were getting their way, there would be no guest characters, no reboots at all (you know, the exact opposite of what you claimed), and no backstory retcons whatsoever (ESPECIALLY the Sindel retcon)!

EDIT:
The argument can also be made that there's an over-saturation of klassic stuff in both MKX and MK11, as well, Trash:

- Just about every klassic character in MKX and MK11 has had klassic costumes

- Just about every klassic character in MKX or MK11 has had 1 (or more) of their klassic Fatalities return via free packs / updates (MKX) or Brutalities (MK11).

- 3 klassic stages have returned in the last 2 games (multiple stages if you count Retrocade). The ruined version of the Courtyard is a redux of a klassic and so is Goro's Lair, so technically MK11 had a few klassic stages already in prior to Aftermath.

- Friendships came back for MK11.

- MK11 has Shao Kahn as a selectable voice announcer

- People moaned and complained because Baraka, Kabal, Jade, Noob Saibot, Shang Tsung, Sindel & Nightwolf weren't in a "KP3" for MKX and all of them are in MK11.

On top of all that, people (in general) love to gloss over the fact that between MKX and MK11, every single playable character in MK9 aside from human Smoke, Rain and Stryker has been playable in the last 2 games.

Last edited:
What about the Hara-Kiri coming back? That should have been permanent. And Stage Fatalities should have been available right out of the box, as they were since Day 1.

Quitalities are the new Hara-kiri, and I actually like them better because the loser shouldn't ever get a participation Trophy like with Hara-kiris in the 3D era. Only the winner should be able to input a finishing move, imo.

As for stage Fatalities, I agree, but you're also ignoring all of the other klassic stuff that I mentioned which is over-saturated in MK11...
Friendships, klassic skins, klassic Fatalities via Brutalities, klassic stages....
MK11 (again) also has 19 out of the 30 playable MK characters from MK9 (a little over 2/3 of the MK9 roster).
How much more klassic shit do people (in general) really need?
You talk about not wanting to live in the past, yet all of the stuff that you think should be in every single MK game is from 1992 through 2006.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1289735424475197447

MK9 Tourney would be so sick. Just today me and [MENTION=16568]Misucra[/MENTION] tried MK9 via Steam's Local Play, 2p vs AI Tag Team actually worked and was pretty fun. If Ed stops trolling and they actually decide to put in Rollback to MK9, that would be great. Just for fck's sake, don't do a "remaster"...

Quitalities are the new Hara-kiri, and I actually like them better because the loser shouldn't ever get a participation Trophy like with Hara-kiris in the 3D era. Only the winner should be able to input a finishing move, imo.

As for stage Fatalities, I agree, but you're also ignoring all of the other klassic stuff that I mentioned which is over-saturated in MK11...
Friendships, klassic skins, klassic Fatalities via Brutalities, klassic stages....
MK11 (again) also has 19 out of the 30 playable MK characters from MK9 (a little over 2/3 of the MK9 roster).
How much more klassic shit do people (in general) really need?
You talk about not wanting to live in the past, yet all of the stuff that you think should be in every single MK game is from 1992 through 2006.
The point of the Hara-Kiri isn't to hand the loser a "participation trophy", the point is to send a giant middle finger to the winner by screwing him/her out of the satisfaction of performing a Fatality. Quitalities are a scarlet letter to the person doing it that they are cowards who don't deserve internet access, let alone the ability to play video games online.

And last time I checked, every canon MK game was in fact released between 1992 and 2006. Crossovers and games with guests are not, never have been, and never will be canon.

And I forever stand by my stance of if it's good, spam it for the rest of the series.

Another guest character I'd like to have is Christie (Dead or Alive).

She'd have a knife, pistol, and a sniper rifle (one she used to kill Helena's mother) to use in her special moves. The gear that would be customized would be her hair/head piece, knife, and pistol or sniper rifle.

First outfit would be her white catsuit from Dead or Alive 3 or Dead or Alive 5.

Second outfit would be her black sleeveless shirt and leather pants from Dead or Alive 6.

Third outfit would be her dominatrix outfit (slightly toned down). ;)

The point of the Hara-Kiri isn't to hand the loser a "participation trophy", the point is to send a giant middle finger to the winner by screwing him/her out of the satisfaction of performing a Fatality. Quitalities are a scarlet letter to the person doing it that they are cowards who don't deserve internet access, let alone the ability to play video games online.

And last time I checked, every canon MK game was in fact released between 1992 and 2006. Crossovers and games with guests are not, never have been, and never will be canon.

And I forever stand by my stance of if it's good, spam it for the rest of the series.

It IS a participation Trophy, because the loser gets a freebie, even though they lost.
The winner shouldn't have to kowtow to the loser and quickly put in the code because the loser is a salty, sour b***h who couldn't stand losing.
By definition, a reward given to someone who lost when the loser would not normally be eligible for a trophy IS a participation trophy.

As for canon, whether you like it or not, MK9 through MK11 is canon.
Whether or not you like that (again) is a different story, but the developer considers it to be canon, so it is.
Up until Aftermath, DLC characters (in general) were not canon, but that storymode canonized Shang Tsung, Fujin, Sindel, Nightwolf and Sheeva for MK11.
Story mode is what dictates canon, according to NRS.