Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Source material IS now considered to be this Sindel retcon by NRS and Boon, the co-creator.
Which is the same as saying the Arcade Era of MK never existed.

Sindel's MK11 story is a lie, and every single person on this thread even admitted as such.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Which is the same as saying the Arcade Era of MK never existed.

Sindel's MK11 story is a lie, and every single person on this thread even admitted as such.

I'm not disagreeing with you there, but just stating that THEY (Boon included) consider this dumb retcon to be source material, because for some absurd horse shit reason "goth" = evil.
I really wouldn't be surprised if NRS used this dumb retcon as source material for a potential reboot, when they do MK12.

Tarkatan_Troll once again rambling about canon....:bird:

You have Kittlesen or whatever his name is, straight up saying that every game before MK11 is "head canon". There is no such thing as "canon" anymore, other than whatever happened in MK11. You have these stupid MKX comics, which turned up complete bullshit. Now you have this guy declaring that everything before his golden poo is basically a fanfiction. Then as a cherry on top, MK11 itself changes so much of the lore that none of it matters anymore. :rofl:

The same way Disney pulled a "Legends" on the EU, NRS pulled a huge "fÜck you" on its 25 year lore. That's just what happened, and if you don't like it, Kittlesen already made it clear: "go make your own stories!!!!".

Last edited:
And Kittelsen is why you NEVER let people who never collected a paycheck from Midway write the MK story.

Kittelsen is a fraud and a liar.

And Kittelsen is why you NEVER let people who never collected a paycheck from Midway write the MK story.

I think this is one of those times, where everyone agrees with you.

Point is, they made it clear. Nobody cares about MK Lore there. Kittelsen is one of those people that came in, got attached to a franchise that spans decades and his ego grew to the point that f%^ker thinks he can now dictate what is headcanon and what is not.

I mean, sure. You can write an ALTERNATIVE Sindel and just say so. But nah. Gotta shit on fans even more. "No, no. That lore you knew, was just bullshit! It was all in your head!"

P.S Also Nitara was in Deception. Not as playable, but as secret character in Konquest. When you do a quest for one of the scholars who asks you to locate a vampire and report its location.

My only question is that if this is now canon per his words, why didn't she just get in bed with Shinnok and Onaga whom were both more powerful than Shao Kahn, or even Lui Kang who defeated Shao Kahn and just pretend she was with Lui Kang until Shang Tsung and Quan Chi killed him? So many questions just makes it more frustrating and downright idiotic.

You're barking at the wrong tree.

I think this game is a massive fraud: the story, the technical execution, the gameplay, the fatalities, the political pandering, just about everything about it. The story, if you really think about it, makes absolutely no sense. Kadell is asking about Sindel's sleeping preferences, and yet you have Kano dying twice because he got shot in the eye. Okay, then why the hell didn't JC get hurt from slapping his past self? If you get kicked in the nuts in the past, does this mean your future self will also feel it? Don't know, but remember: "thanks for reminding me of the rules!".

The gameplay is boring, with handholding mechanics such as auto meter regen and free xrays for getting shit beat out of you. These cutscenes happen way too often during the fight, breaking the flow and just becoming tedious and annoying. All wrapped with soul destroying pseudo-MMO grind and microtransactions.

The fatalities? It's the same krap we've been seeing ever since NRS became NRS. Some of them are okay, most of them are incoherent garbage. They suffer from the same problem as the previous games: you watch them once or twice, and it just becomes repetitive and boring.

From a technical standpoint I have a lot to say but at this point it's just noise. Needless to say, this game will age like shit. Same with political pandering, lots to say, but this brings up to my last point...

NRS doesn't care. They have a different target audience now. People are angry at Sindel's retcon, but MK11 retconned pretty much everything. Even the last game which is only 4 years old got retconned. The NuFans however, eat that shit up and ask for desert. They even go out of their way to say krap like "well Sindel's behaviour and outfit matches her new story! she's a gold digging slut and I dig that!!", which as with everything NRS does is basically huge irony that sends my sides into the orbit. :rofl:

I was checking out PerfectLegend playing some MK9 yesterday. Guess what? People on stream had no idea about this game as they never even tried it. That's a 9 year old game, and yet you're concerned about the Arcades? Come on... You might as well take Kittelsen's advise and start pretending it's "headcanon".

Last edited:
and yet you have Kano dying twice because he got shot in the eye. Okay, then why the hell didn't JC get hurt from slapping his past self?

They actually did address it when Johnny Cage got grazed in the face by a bullet and old Johnny got a scar because of it, and the way that time travel works in MK11 is supposed to be the "Grandfather paradox."
The explanation for that is that old Johnny didn't do enough damage with the slap to likely affect young Johnny, so it will likely just form a new memory in Johnny. Had older Johnny broken younger Johnny's finger (for example), then older Johnny would have a scar and / or a healing bone from an old injury, but killing young Kano meant that old Kano was wiped from existence.
Hence, that's what the "Grandfather paradox" in time travel is about: the theory that killing ones' own grandfather (younger self in this case) would wipe them-self out of existence.

NO, the bigger issue that I have with that f*#^ing half-assed attempt at the "Grandfather paradox" by NRS is them retconning shit like Goro and King Gorbak's storyline in the comics and basically retconning Goro of having done all of the things that he did, post-MK9.
MK11 gives us a horseshit explanation that Goro died in MK9 when Shang Tsung died (when Shao Kahn drained all of Shang Tsung's life by giving his souls to Sindel), yet that couldn't be possible because none of the comics stuff would have happened.
So, either the comics are full of shit or MK11 is full of shit, and given the MK11 retcons with Kabal, Skarlet and Sindel, I'm gonna go ahead and say that MK11 is full of shit.

Yeah, MK11 screwing the pooch on the lore is where I agree 100% with you and [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION].
For fvcks sakes, I mean, they even built up Dark Raiden as this force to be reckoned with and this "take no shit from anyone" attitude in MKX, only for him to be wiped out in the first couple of chapters in MK11, despite the fact that Raiden says he exists outside of the confines of time. M'kay.

Last edited:
If there is going to be another reboot, might I suggest that the entire ORIGINAL backstory, plus the original canon story from MK1-MK4 be restored, and start the reboot at the end of MK4's events?

For instance, Shang Tsung could kill Kung Lao instead of Liu Kang, and Shao Kahn could barely escape Quan Chi and Shang Tsung's attack with his life, forcing the ousted Emperor in a situation where he'll have no choice but to join forces with Raiden and his allies (despite the obvious lack of trust) just to wipe out the two sorcerers who turned on him. That would be a whole lot better than an entire Sindel retcon, even though I'm admitted exactly as qualified to write an MK story as Kittelsen.

Cassie Cage can still be born with the same biological parents, just don't make her the main protagonist out the gate.

I was checking out PerfectLegend playing some MK9 yesterday. Guess what? People on stream had no idea about this game as they never even tried it. That's a 9 year old game, and yet you're concerned about the Arcades? Come on... You might as well take Kittelsen's advise and start pretending it's "headcanon".

You know the funny thing about it?

This is the result of what [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION] considers a viable business model. Keep pumping those numbers! Keep making sequels!

This is what happens, when you don't put your roots, when you rush and just keep mass producing the product. If PerfectLegend played SF4, people would recognize it. The most greenhorn player, that joined FGC after 2016, knows about SF4. The game came out in 2008 and was going strong until the freaking 2016. It was topping EVO for years. It left a legacy. WTF MK9 left? Yeah sure. It is a great game, but compared to SF games, its existence was blink of the eye. 3 MK games came out during SF4 era alone. Most of new players don't give a shit what came before MK9. A lot don't even know that there was once MK vs DC. And yet someone is supposed to care about ORIGINAL FIRST THREE? Yeah. That's what happens when you keep pumping shit non stop. Every time you have to make something new.

They will do a reboot, but mark my words. It won't be the original lore. You're asking them to honor something that was washed away in this trilogy. You're asking them to honor something that was really expanded in 3D Era. An Era NRS hates, yet it was THIS era in particular that gave birth to majority of the lore we know today. It expanded the world, added new worlds, and factions. Look at the new trilogy. How many times Orderrealm was mentioned? MK9? The thing that is not being recognized anymore? Nah. They got new audience. And audience that doesn't care about the original games. It is all about "progress". A reboot will happen, but it will at best nod to a original lore, but aside that it will be cleansed. Sindel is just the beginning.

They actually did address it when Johnny Cage got grazed in the face by a bullet and old Johnny got a scar because of it, and the way that time travel works in MK11 is supposed to be the "Grandfather paradox."
The explanation for that is that old Johnny didn't do enough damage with the slap to likely affect young Johnny, so it will likely just form a new memory in Johnny. Had older Johnny broken younger Johnny's finger (for example), then older Johnny would have a scar and / or a healing bone from an old injury, but killing young Kano meant that old Kano was wiped from existence.
Hence, that's what the "Grandfather paradox" in time travel is about: the theory that killing ones' own grandfather (younger self in this case) would wipe them-self out of existence.

While what you're saying makes sense, it never was actually explained that way in the game IIRC. Better example: JC punches Kano in the balls. That's pretty devastating, right? Shouldn't the other Kano also feel it? But here a scratch on JC's face is where it actually matters? A scratch?....

I also don't remember all the details, but you had D'Vorah killing Hanzo. Why wasn't the other Scorpion affected? To quote the Critical Drinker: "Don't knowwww"

Last edited:
If there is going to be another reboot, might I suggest that the entire ORIGINAL backstory, plus the original canon story from MK1-MK4 be restored, and start the reboot at the end of MK4's events?

For the love of God, stop with the reboots... They still can make a completely new story even with the current ending. Besides, all of it just got so convoluted and twisted, just WHY would you want another reboot?

This is the biggest problem with MK...For the past 11 years, we've been getting the same game, just with different graphics. Mortal Kombat is basically the Call of Duty of fighting games now, only with a much, much smaller audience.

You know the funny thing about it?

This is the result of what [MENTION=12345]Tarkatan Trash[/MENTION] considers a viable business model. Keep pumping those numbers! Keep making sequels!

This is what happens, when you don't put your roots, when you rush and just keep mass producing the product. If PerfectLegend played SF4, people would recognize it. The most greenhorn player, that joined FGC after 2016, knows about SF4. The game came out in 2008 and was going strong until the freaking 2016. It was topping EVO for years. It left a legacy. WTF MK9 left? Yeah sure. It is a great game, but compared to SF games, its existence was blink of the eye. 3 MK games came out during SF4 era alone. Most of new players don't give a shit what came before MK9. A lot don't even know that there was once MK vs DC. And yet someone is supposed to care about ORIGINAL FIRST THREE? Yeah. That's what happens when you keep pumping shit non stop. Every time you have to make something new.

They will do a reboot, but mark my words. It won't be the original lore. You're asking them to honor something that was washed away in this trilogy. You're asking them to honor something that was really expanded in 3D Era. An Era NRS hates, yet it was THIS era in particular that gave birth to majority of the lore we know today. It expanded the world, added new worlds, and factions. Look at the new trilogy. How many times Orderrealm was mentioned? MK9? The thing that is not being recognized anymore? Nah. They got new audience. And audience that doesn't care about the original games. It is all about "progress". A reboot will happen, but it will at best nod to a original lore, but aside that it will be cleansed. Sindel is just the beginning.

I know. We even had people here demanding a new MK to be released on a YEARLY basis. In a span of 11 years, we had six games. MKvsDC, MK9, Injustice, MKX, Injsutice 2, MK11. Injustice and MK are just so inner connected, you might as well call them reskins. It's especially obvious with MK11. Careful what you wish for?...

Anyways, TT seems really fixated on OT. He doesn't realise that this been long forgotten by both the players and the developers. Ironically he's also using a Soywars avatar... which has so many resembalnces to this NuMK trilogy :rofl:

Farce Engorges - MK9.
Last Soymilk - MKX.
Rise of Soywalker - MK11.

"Let the past die, kill it if you have to!" :lol: I think Edward Boomer needs to spell it out at this point...

While what you're saying makes sense, it never was actually explained that way in the game IIRC. Better example: JC punches Kano in the balls. That's pretty devastating, right? Shouldn't the other Kano also feel it? But here a scratch on JC's face is where it actually matters? A scratch?....

I see what you mean, but my point is that a punch to the balls is something that (while devastating) would give you that terrible stomach ache and hurt like hell, but unless it blew up his balls to smithereens (which I don't think he did the X-Ray move), Kano would recover from it within that same day and not over 25 years.
Whereas with young Johnny, the bullet left a scar that stayed with him until old age.
Think of it like getting a black eye from a punch to the face. Yeah, it'll stay with you for a little while, but usually a black eye will eventually go away within a week or 2.
For example, if you get a deep tissue scar or cut off a finger that can't be re-attached, you'll have to deal with that disfigurement for the rest of your life. I think that that is what NRS was trying to show.

I also don't remember all the details, but you had D'Vorah killing Hanzo. Why wasn't the other Scorpion affected? To quote the Critical Drinker: "Don't knowwww"

Because D'Vorah killed OLD Hanzo and not the younger Scorpion from the MK9, so essentially by killing old Scorpion you just conveniently keep young Scorpion as a way to have him forever stay young.
You know..... because NRS can't have Scorpion being all old and grey now that he's human again after MKX.
Either way, NONE of the deaths in MK11 had an ounce of importance to me, because at the end of the day the proverbial reset button was pressed and NRS once again wiped the whole slate clean.

Because D'Vorah killed OLD Hanzo and not the younger Scorpion from the MK9, so essentially by killing old Scorpion you just conveniently keep young Scorpion as a way to have him forever stay young.

...But Sonya killed Kano by killing younger Kano.

...But Sonya killed Kano by killing younger Kano.

Really, dude? "Grandfather paradox" means that if you kill the YOUNGER one, then the OLDER one can't exist. Sonya killed younger Kano, hence if younger Kano is dead, then there can't be no older Kano. Basically if Kano dies in his 20s, then he never got older, he never reached his 50s. Hence the older Kano can't exist. There can be no future if the past was destroyed.

D'Vorrah killed older Hanzo, so younger one wasn't affected. Because older Hanzo is the future of the younger one. Younger Scorpion is the past, and past does not get affected by the future. As that future hasn't happened yet.

Bullshit time travel scapegoat aside, the thing that really doesn't work is the fact that if past Kano dies, and INSTANTLY AFFECTS future Kano, then that means that EVERYTHING that Kano did in that time period between his younger and older self, should be erased as well. If he didn't live past 30, then he never used Kamidogu dagger on Sub Zero, he never stole Shinnok's amulet, which means that Shinnok was never released, which means that Raiden never went evil, which means that Raiden never beheaded the f%$cking Shinnok to begin with. All of this, means that dumb asses in NRS can't write a proper story FOR SHIT.

Really, dude? "Grandfather paradox" means that if you kill the YOUNGER one, then the OLDER one can't exist. Sonya killed younger Kano, hence if younger Kano is dead, then there can't be no older Kano. Basically if Kano dies in his 20s, then he never got older, he never reached his 50s. Hence the older Kano can't exist. There can be no future if the past was destroyed.

D'Vorrah killed older Hanzo, so younger one wasn't affected. Because older Hanzo is the future of the younger one. Younger Scorpion is the past, and past does not get affected by the future. As that future hasn't happened yet.

Precisely what I was getting at regarding the Grandfather paradox.

As for the MK11 story itself, yeah, this is why I don't care for the time travel gimmick in entertainment mediums if they can't be properly explained (and most of the time they can't).