Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

IDK it's strange to see her use a spear when she hasn't touched one in MK3,UMK3, Trilogy, mk9 or when she appeared as a remnant in mkX. It's just weird that NRS would pick her weapon from deception out of the blue. Anyways if it's one thing NRS are good at it's pulling things out of their ass.

To be fair, some of this roster seems a bit weird having weapons from that era OR when they didn't have one like that previously (IMO).
Sonya's turret (yeah, I know that she had a drone in MKX), Cassie's drone, Baraka's War Banner, Liu's nunchaku (yes, I get the Bruce Lee reference and Deception reference).

She looks incredible. Especially her human form. Voice actress is doing a great job too. She actually looks like fun

Agreed.

The wait for Joker is gonna be brutal though. Isn't he at the end of January?

January 28th.
Probably on or around the same time that the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie comes out on Blu-Ray / digital release.

No.

And didn't CAPCOM say that they won't do re-releases anymore? Oh wait... they lied. Big surprise.

Correction. What was stated was that you wouldn't have to buy the game more than once like with past Street Fighter games. For example, when Arcade Edition came out, it was a free update for those that had already purchased SF5 beforehand.

Correction. What was stated was that you wouldn't have to buy the game more than once like with past Street Fighter games. For example, when Arcade Edition came out, it was a free update for those that had already purchased SF5 beforehand.

So... they still lied then, cause... you have to buy Champion Edition upgrade even if you have SFV. So you still have to pay more than once.

Man... these lying sacks of shit. "You won't have to pay money for the characters or costumes! You can earn everything for free!"

95% percent of outfits can be bought only by paying real money.

"You won't have to re buy the game!"
Champions Edition!

So... they still lied then, cause... you have to buy Champion Edition upgrade even if you have SFV. So you still have to pay more than once.

Man... these lying sacks of shit. "You won't have to pay money for the characters or costumes! You can earn everything for free!"

95% percent of outfits can be bought only by paying real money.

"You won't have to re buy the game!"
Champions Edition!

The only thing people will have to actually buy are cosmetics. Which are optional. Stuff like the second V-skill and other gameplay mechanics are free.

The only thing people will have to actually buy are cosmetics. Which are optional. Stuff like the second V-skill and other gameplay mechanics are free.

Gods this stupid argument "It is optional!". Also what an achievement! Gameplay mechanics are free! Wow! Imagine that! After I spent 60 bucks on a skeleton game, they have been so nice for me, and didn't start charging for gameplay features!

They said before the launch (2015 winter), that you can get all of the content for free (by just playing the game), aaaaand... here we are. If you're a completionist, you're screwed. You have to buy everything to get everything.

Also "FREE". What about Characters? They are locked behind grind wall. You can't use them in practice mode if you don't have them, so you can't train against them. You have to buy them. And don't bring me that bullshit. "You can just play the game to get them"

All characters cost 100.000FM each. You get 50FM per win. You barely get any money from weekly challenges. They cut down 5000FM rewards to 2500FM. Which means that even if you get all challenges done you will earn less than 10k per WEEK. So you have to grind matches in online to get rewards. Which will take you weeks of grinding just for one char. And all of that is done for the sake of forcing the player to buy the shit.

I wouldn't have an issue with paying for this optional stuff like costumes, if I wasn't forced to grind the rest of the shit. But SFV is built like a mobile game. Except it isn't free. You have to buy it, and then buy remaining pieces. I seriously can't comprehend what is wrong with MK and SF defenders. You're literally being shat on, but still keep bringing up "But but. It is just cosmetics! It is optional!" Yeah and now we have to pay for freaking colors. Good job. Now we have Activision charging people 2 dollars for a f%cking dot. Or we have grindfest like MK11, where you have to run around like idiot just to get one item. It feels like watching an abused wife. Gets beaten, but still come backs for more. I have never seen a more unhealthy behavior in gaming (and that's something, as I am comparing that to people that literally kill themselves from non sleeping). People say that the game is all that they wanted, and then give 3 hour session of how they hate this and that. Ok.

Gods this stupid argument "It is optional!". Also what an achievement! Gameplay mechanics are free! Wow! Imagine that! After I spent 60 bucks on a skeleton game, they have been so nice for me, and didn't start charging for gameplay features!

They said before the launch (2015 winter), that you can get all of the content for free (by just playing the game), aaaaand... here we are. If you're a completionist, you're screwed. You have to buy everything to get everything.

Also "FREE". What about Characters? They are locked behind grind wall. You can't use them in practice mode if you don't have them, so you can't train against them. You have to buy them. And don't bring me that bullshit. "You can just play the game to get them"

All characters cost 100.000FM each. You get 50FM per win. You barely get any money from weekly challenges. They cut down 5000FM rewards to 2500FM. Which means that even if you get all challenges done you will earn less than 10k per WEEK. So you have to grind matches in online to get rewards. Which will take you weeks of grinding just for one char. And all of that is done for the sake of forcing the player to buy the shit.

I wouldn't have an issue with paying for this optional stuff like costumes, if I wasn't forced to grind the rest of the shit. But SFV is built like a mobile game. Except it isn't free. You have to buy it, and then buy remaining pieces. I seriously can't comprehend what is wrong with MK and SF defenders. You're literally being shat on, but still keep bringing up "But but. It is just cosmetics! It is optional!" Yeah and now we have to pay for freaking colors. Good job. Now we have Activision charging people 2 dollars for a f%cking dot. Or we have grindfest like MK11, where you have to run around like idiot just to get one item. It feels like watching an abused wife. Gets beaten, but still come backs for more. I have never seen a more unhealthy behavior in gaming (and that's something, as I am comparing that to people that literally kill themselves from non sleeping). People say that the game is all that they wanted, and then give 3 hour session of how they hate this and that. Ok.

$24 for all the characters, stages and costumes is a steal. Especially if you're like me and haven't played since Alex came out

$24 for all the characters, stages and costumes is a steal. Especially if you're like me and haven't played since Alex came out

4 years after release, still a shit netcode, smurfing rampant due crappy reward system, Original price of the game being 60 EUR/USD, which gave you 16 characters, and now you have to pay additional 24 USD/EUR, totalling in 84 EUR/USD. Not counting the DLC that someone bought. Also people that bough bought at least one Season Pass, which costed up to 30 EUR. So it is safe to assume for some people entire cost will go over 100+ easily.

So yeah. You're right. It is a steal. It is blatant stealing from players. Both of their time and money.

4 years after release, still a shit netcode, smurfing rampant due crappy reward system, Original price of the game being 60 EUR/USD, which gave you 16 characters, and now you have to pay additional 24 USD/EUR, totalling in 84 EUR/USD. Not counting the DLC that someone bought. Also people that bough bought at least one Season Pass, which costed up to 30 EUR. So it is safe to assume for some people entire cost will go over 100+ easily.

So yeah. You're right. It is a steal. It is blatant stealing from players. Both of their time and money.

Have you ever been happy?

Probably before they screwed him over with Frost in MK11. That's how I was when they screwed over Post-MK3/New Characters in MKX and especially the plothole with Quan Chi and Shinnok's amulet/fake amulet. The moment she was bald in the leak and had cybernetic parts he basically said f*** this s***, lol.

Honestly I feel making Frost a cyborg helps make her more different from Sub-Zero. I remember back in the MKX days people were being so dismissive of her, because they saw her as nothing more than simply just a female Sub-Zero. Ironically some of these people seemed to have no problem with Cyber Sub-Zero.

Yeah I was. Before MKX. Had games like MK9, Street Fighter 4 was looking towards the future.

Now we have subpar games and people making up every excuse possible, to justify them paying more for less.

Probably before they screwed him over with Frost in MK11. That's how I was when they screwed over Post-MK3/New Characters in MKX and especially the plothole with Quan Chi and Shinnok's amulet/fake amulet. The moment she was bald in the leak and had cybernetic parts he basically said f*** this s***, lol.

I wasn't on the roll with MK11 since the beginning. Something felt off, and MKX is still fresh.

Honestly I feel making Frost a cyborg helps make her more different from Sub-Zero. I remember back in the MKX days people were being so dismissive of her, because they saw her as nothing more than simply just a female Sub-Zero. Ironically some of these people seemed to have no problem with Cyber Sub-Zero.

I had big issues with Cyber Sub-Zero, and mainly because they LITERALLY gave him some of human MK9 Sub-Zero's moves.
The human Sub-Zero we got in the MK9 demo had less moves to him than what was initially shown off in various stage demos (because they gave some to Cyber Sub), and the "twist" in MK9 didn't really feel "fresh," to me.
They just lazily swapped out Smoke and Sub-Zero's fates of becoming a cyborg and called that shit a "twist." Ok :laugh:

If they made her look like a female version of Sektor/Cyrax (especially their MK11 versions, which no doubt are the coolest version for me personally) or Cyber Subzero, then I wouldn't have an issue with her look. I learned that she will be cyberized through leaks, long before the launch and I was fine with that (even though I would have preferred a human version). But they made some sort of abomination with cringe emo personality.

Ironic thing. I didn't have any specific demands for Frost. Except being human, but even then I was flexible.

If they didn't put her in the game, I wouldn't have raged.
If they just did a cameo of her or showed her dead body in the Krypt, I would have been "Welp. At least I got to see her how she would looked like in MK11"
I was fine with any outfit or appearance as long as she was human (basically, surprise me). Even if her personality is what it is.

I was open minded about her as much as possible, but somehow through their sheer talent, they managed to miss. Every. Single. Point. Now that I think about it. It is amazing. It's like going full speed across a cross section on a busy road and not hitting a single car. They managed to take the worst parts from everything and create the abomination that we see now.

Yeah I was. Before MKX. Had games like MK9, Street Fighter 4 was looking towards the future.

Now we have subpar games and people making up every excuse possible, to justify them paying more for less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FB9GYkIT3E&t=2s

image.png

Just read the ending for Sindel and all I have to say is...n**** better be considering this Sindel one of the millions of alternate Sindel's in one of the millions of alternate timelines cause this makes no sense in the terms of MK4 and beyond at all. She didn't even join forces with Shinnok and Quan Chi at a time when she had that kind of pull. Tanya did that. Wtf?

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing that they retconned her origins with her MK11 bio and that her ending is utter shit.
Thankfully, though, she's only DLC (so it doesn't affect the main MK11 story) and I'll taker her bio and ending about as serious as the Terminator, Joker and Spawn's bios and endings.
Her gameplay seems to make up for it, as well.

Just read the ending for Sindel and all I have to say is...n**** better be considering this Sindel one of the millions of alternate Sindel's in one of the millions of alternate timelines cause this makes no sense in the terms of MK4 and beyond at all. She didn't even join forces with Shinnok and Quan Chi at a time when she had that kind of pull. Tanya did that. Wtf?

You're lucky you read that. I SAW THAT. Gods... what in flying f$%k...

Ok so Xenon pointed it out for me and I watched it myself to confirm... so basically Sindel brought new lore in the game.

Plot twist! Cryomancers actually come from Edenia.

So... let's cement once and for all, that NRS is pulling everything out of their ass at this point.

Sindel claims that she banished Cryomancers from Edenia.
Which led to them going to Outworld. And then later on to Earthrealm, after Shao Kahn pretty much destroyed entire race.

It sounds consistent... for someone who is drunk or regular NRS employee.

But if that is the case...
Didn't Skarlet say that Sub Zero has Outworld blood? Not only she knows that better than anyone, as she is from Outworld herself, but she also has ability to sense one's blood. Why she never pointed out that Sub Zero has mixed heritage? (assuming that Cryomancers mixed with Outworld citizens)? Even if Cryomancers stayed in Outworld for few thousands of years, before being almost exterminated, it isn't enough time to suddenly get PURE Outworld blood. And as Skarlet considers Edenia blood as something super rare, she would definitely point that out.

Also for someone with Edenian background, Sub Zero is aging pretty f$%king fast.

Not to mention... why did Sub Zero go to FROZEN LANDS IN OUTWORLD in his MKX ending. Ok fine. Let's pretend that those lands were "imported" from Edenia, during the merge. That still leaves the question of blood and... oh ffs.

Gods, and people are telling me shit for why I am constantly pissed at this game. How can you NOT, then THEY ARE CONSTANTLY RETCONING EVERYTHING? So what was the f%^king point of learning and investing my f%%^king time in MK Lore if NONE OF IT MATTERS ANYMORE. For the first time, everyone that told me that I was wasting my time being invested in a franchise, was right! All the lore I learned throughout my years as a kid/teenager was, in Sindel's own words "IT WAS A LIE!!!"

I bet with next DLC we will learn that Outworld citizens are all LGBTQ members and Shao Kahn was oppressing them. Seriously f$%k this thing and everything that is related to it.

so basically Sindel brought new lore in the game.

This is why, for all intents and purposes (IMO), it's best to just consider MK11 DLC Sindel as just another guest character who's shitty story doesn't really matter in the long run, since Boon said that MK11 was the end of the MK story anyways and storymode doesn't even really mention her (if at all).
All guests in MKX and MK11 either have a bio or an ending, as well as intro lines, which aren't canon to the game, nor do they really carry over to the next game.
Freddy's MK9 ending, never happened.
Alien's MKX ending, never happened.
Leatherface's MKX ending, never happened.
Predator's MKX ending, never happened.
Jason's MKX ending, never happened.
I don't give 2 shits for Stephanie now calling this as "canon," either, because it's not like NRS hasn't changed up lore in the past, nor that they won't change it up again whenever MK12 rolls around.
Maybe by the time that MK12 comes out (if it ends up being another MK9 reboot), they'll realize that this horse shit "canon" was an error, and they'll find another explanation for it, with this actually being Sindel from Earth-3 or another stupid / convenient / loophole of a "different timeline," since Raiden established in MK11 that there's a possibility of more than 2 timelines.

I love the lore in MK games, too, which is why it also bugs me when shit like this gets retconned.

Yeah, I also have recently (sadly) given up on any hopes for the lore getting any better, and while the MKX comics gave me a glimmer of hope for the story writing to maybe improve the lore, that glimmer of hope went away with the MKX and MK11 story modes which have stuff that could have been better explained (cough-Goro-cough).
Sindel's MK11 bio was also that last proverbial nail in the coffin with any hopes that I would have had for the lore, going forward.