Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

I'd be happy with that list too if it's true. I definitely wasn't expecting Jacqui to come back, her reception was abysmal, but I'd love to see NRS take another crack at her. I also don't see what possible role Sindel could have in this game.

Noob, Smoke, Cyrax, Goro and Shang Tsung tho are all I need. There's enough diversity on this list for me to not mind that most of the boring Special Forces characters are returning. Less than a month until we get a proper reveal tho and can put most of the fake leaks to rest.

On the one hand, IF the list is true it’s about fuggin time Fujin gets in, and it’s also good to see Jacqui, Takeda and Kotal Kahn return.
Taking all of these “leaks” with a grain of salt until January 17th, though.

In a way, I’m hoping that leak is true since Kano, Jax, and Mileena won’t be on the main roster.

Only four weeks until the reveal.

I don't want Ronda voicing Sonya because I love Sonya, but I can't stand Ronda. However this is my favorite leak list I have seen thus far

She showed much more promise in her initial reveal in MKX comic where she looked like a female bruiser character.

2718574-screen+shot+2015-01-19+at+3.06.38+pm.png

jacqui_briggs.jpg

Then the game comes out and she's tiny, generic army girl with guns. I'm hoping she bulks up for MK11. Need my Amazonian goddess :love:

I don't want Ronda voicing Sonya because I love Sonya, but I can't stand Ronda. However this is my favorite leak list I have seen thus far

Totally agree with you about Ronda potential voicing Sonya. Kevin Conroy doing the voice of Scorpion, I’m totally down for that. He has done an excellent job voicing Batman throughout the past 25-30 years.

Really sad tho that if this leak is true, that means no Kabal. He's the character I want more than anyone from the trilogy era. Such a weird and unique character to the series. I'd love to see him dominate the tiers all over again.

17 Trilogy characters isn’t too bad if it’s a starting roster of 33.
Big IF, though.
Seems really odd (IMO) that they would up the starting roster by 8 and have Nimbus Terrafaux as DLC (if it’s the same “leak” floating around from Reddit).

That dlc leak was maaaad sketchy. It seemed so lackluster. Casuals are gonna be so pissed if they buy a season pass and then find out they get Li Mei, Nimbus Terra and the other no-names it supposedly comes with. Pennywise is a god tier choice tho. Such a creative character

That sketchy DLC leak is supposedly from this same main roster leak, though.
I mean, it could all be true, but something about it just doesn’t sit right, imo.

Michael Myers sounds horrendous, especially in a game that's supposed to have customization. He's just a weaker, mortal Jason.

I was sceptical of how well Jason would fit in a fighting game like MK, but they did an incredible job of incorporating horror movie tropes as special moves. Like how he can come back to life, teleport behind you, and make you panic, reversing your controls. But then they made Leatherface have a variation where the only purpose of it is he throws his chainsaw. So it's really 50/50 with how interesting Michael could be.

Really I'm not interested in any of the horror characters. Does Pennywise even have any powers? As for Mike Myers, you're right he's pretty much a Jason like character albeit a little less interesting.

For me, the only guest character I'd want is Spawn. Just imagine the customization options that he would have. Just look at the spawn toy line for example of that

1) Ermac is a fan favourite.

2) Li Mei I’m willing to give her a shot since he was on my favourite fighters from MKDA.

3) Nightwolf was one the few characters MK3 I liked back in the day plus NRS did a good job with him in MK9.

4) Pennywise and Mike Myers are a given since Freddy and Jason have already have used up although I would’ve preferred Pinhead in the place of Mike Myers.

5) Hope Nimbus is just a place holder name since putting a new fighter as DLC isn’t a good Idea (See Skarlet).

As for Spawn. It would be nice to see him but Spawn hasn’t been relevant since 2002.

Last edited:
Nightwolf, as much as he was my main for both MK3 and MK9, I’m not really jumping for joy to have him back.
The same goes for Rain.
This coming from someone who used nothing but Rain and Nightwolf, in both 1 v 1 and Tag Mode in MK9.
I was adamant that Rain should have been on the main roster for MK9, since it was a reboot of MK1 thru UMK3, but I didn’t really care for him after MK9, even with the part(albeit interesting) that he had in the MKX comics.

Regarding Nightwolf, I’ve been happy to have Kotal Kahn as the new Native / Tribal character, and I really like how he was developed in both the comics and MKX game. My only wish, regarding Kotal, was that his story wasn’t put on the back-burner in MKX.

Yes! This.
We just got a reboot game with MK9.
No need to have another one.
Klassic / legacy characters can be swapped in an out for other dead ones, but there's not reason why this has to be Trilogy 3.0.
Timeline stuff can happen and have cameos, without having all of the Trilogy characters being playable.

Yeah, I grew up with MK so obviously the original 3 games are special. And I hate to use this stupid slogan, but...It's 2k18 (soon 2k19)! IMO the classic MK characters should be added as DLC or turned into NPCs. Besides, it's not like they're just going to get rid of all the classic characters either on the initial roster. I just don't give a shit about Noob-Saibot, Smoke, or the rest of the clones.

Kotal Kahn towers them all! :lol:

I know, right? Shitty fighter, shitty actor, and probably going to push some "i'm stronger than any man!!!" garbage with her voice lines. Yuck.

Then the game comes out and she's tiny, generic army girl with guns. I'm hoping she bulks up for MK11. Need my Amazonian goddess :love:

Back in line! Amazonian goddess is already taken by Jade. I swear, if they make her into a flatchested skinnyfat midget in a burqa... :rofl:

1) Ermac is a fan favourite.

2) Li Mei I’m willing to give her a shot since he was on my favourite fighters from MKDA.

3) Nightwolf was one the few characters MK3 I liked back in the day plus NRS did a good job with him in MK9.

4) Pennywise and Mike Myers are a given since Freddy and Jason have already have used up although I would’ve preferred Pinhead in the place of Mike Myers.

5) Hope Nimbus is just a place holder name since putting a new fighter as DLC isn’t a good Idea (See Skarlet).

As for Spawn. It would be nice to see him but Spawn hasn’t been relevant since 2002.

I totally forgot that Ermac was in the dlc list. He's definitely worth paying for, but the others will cause a ton of backlash imo

View attachment 9475
Maybe characters :) not sure is it real, but if it`s real.
i`m pretty happy

A leak regarding the roster and Kombat Pack 1.

Looking good!

Spoiler:
Jade and Kronika will most likely be my mains for various reasons! For this game, Sonya should just be NPC and give her movesets to Cassie. Have Tanya take her spot. Nitara should replace Frost. Bo Rai Cho is better off replaced by Kai or Taven. The rumored new characters look very interesting, especially Kronika! I'd love to know what's in store for this game. :)