Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

https://testyourmight.com/threads/l...leak-tag-mode-full-roster-dlc-and-more.67584/

Sounds.... disappointing. It's literally an MKX2.0. 4 years for this? :hmpf: I'll just wait until the reveal.

There's also this pile of garbage:
https://testyourmight.com/threads/mk-11-jade-fujin-quan-chi-concept-art-proposal.67559/

Jade looks like puke. Chubby, light skinned, some weird drapes, no muscle tone and what's with the c0ck protector? :rofl:

Fujin is like from a completely different game. If I would be asked to guess who this was without knowing the name prior, I'd say a new character.

Some say it's fanart, but on the actual artstation page it says "mk11 proposal".

That's his proposed art but he's not actually associated with NRS. His sketches are all awful IMO but they aren't likely to be featured in any NRS game. It looks like he's in Italy, I doubt they'd take art concepts from a guy who's not part of the team in Chicago.

Mortal Kombat XI character re-design: FUJIN
Personal project of MKXI characters proposal.
The third char i picked is the wind god Fujin.
For this concept, my aim is to improve his charisma and aesthetic importance, for replace Raiden as Earth protector role.
I've attached also material studies, sketches, materials, props detail, promo art and Kombat Variations.
Enjoy.

The artist's wording suggests that he is not affliated with NRS, but the fact he resides in Italy is not a huge barrier in this day and age.

I'll just wait until their stream day to see who's in the game and who isn't.

I will never believe anything from these sites, even if there's been a chance they were right one point. Nope, sorry.

https://testyourmight.com/threads/l...leak-tag-mode-full-roster-dlc-and-more.67584/

Sounds.... disappointing. It's literally an MKX2.0. 4 years for this? :hmpf: I'll just wait until the reveal.

There's also this pile of garbage:
https://testyourmight.com/threads/mk-11-jade-fujin-quan-chi-concept-art-proposal.67559/

Jade looks like puke. Chubby, light skinned, some weird drapes, no muscle tone and what's with the c0ck protector? :rofl:

Fujin is like from a completely different game. If I would be asked to guess who this was without knowing the name prior, I'd say a new character.

Some say it's fanart, but on the actual artstation page it says "mk11 proposal".

I don't have an issue with the roster (if true, grain of salt).
That said, I find it to be complete BS that anyone knows what the DLC is, as NRS usually starts working on DLC AFTER the base game has gone gold.

Also if this is true that there no Supply Drops/Loot Creates. Everyone can breathe easy.

I definitely will, that's for sure.
1 of my biggest issues with Inj2 was the stupid motherbox system.

Also, Hara-kiri's only being in the form of Quitalities sounds really good to me (again, IF true).
The winner should never be have their right to a Finisher stripped from them.
Want to do a finisher? Get better and defeat your opponent. Simple as that.

I really hope that MK11 has less Trilogy characters than MKX had and more 3D era, MKX characters and 2 to 3 new characters.

Kenshi, Havik and maybe Bo Rai Cho are the only ones from the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era trilogy (Deadly Alliance, Deception, Armageddon) that I want to see comeback for MK11. I would be okay if everyone else from that era never returns.

I really hope that MK11 has less Trilogy characters than MKX had and more 3D era, MKX characters and 2 to 3 new characters.

May I present another suggestion?

How about bringing in characters from non-canon sources, such as Art Lean?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Kenshi, Havik and maybe Bo Rai Cho are the only ones from the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era trilogy (Deadly Alliance, Deception, Armageddon) that I want to see comeback for MK11.

To add to that I'd also be fine with Fujin, Reiko and Kai from MK4, as well as Sareena.
If they don't add as many from that era, then bring in the MKX new characters on the main roster, to let them shine.
That said, after how they revamped Tanya, Bo Rai Cho and Kenshi (in MK9 and MKX), I'm willing to give just about any character from the 3D era another chance.
I still don't care for Bo Rai Cho, but they did bring him back better than he was in the 3D era.

EDIT:
We're probably fvcked from ever getting Reiko, thanks to that 1 douche.

That roster lacks 3D era characters. I would like at least maybe three to four more that haven't been playable yet in the reboot. Other than that the roster seems pretty good, besides dvorah not being playable

Commander, why are you against classic characters? I also don't want every MK game to be a revamped MK Trilogy but there are many MK1-MK3 characters that have to be in the game. A new fighting game nowadays has a minimum of 30 fighters including DLC. Not every game needs a dozen of new characters just for the sake of new characters, because this is what we mainly have got during the 3D era. I would like to list newcomers from MK4 to MKD into good and bad (IMHO):

MK4

good: Shinnok, Reiko, Fujin, Quan Chi, Tanya

bad: Kai, Jarek, Meat

Excluding MKA, only Shinnok and Quan Chi have been on the main roster ever since. Tanya was DLC in MKX, but should have been on the roster from the very beginning, since she is also part of the story mode. It's a shame that Fujin didn't make the cut, but I am sure that he'll be in MK11. And I would love to see Reiko in MK11 as well. He died in the comics but since MK11 is all about timelines death shouldn't be a problem for any character right now.

Kai is very generic, there is nothing special about him, he is completely forgettable. Jarek is a joke and I'd rather have Kano in MK4 than such an uninspired copy.

MK DA

good: Kenshi

bad: Bo Rai Cho, Li Mei, Mavado, Nitara, Hsu Hao, Frost, Drahmin, Moloch, Mokap

Only Kenshi seems to have established himself inside MK. Yes, Bo Rai Cho was DLC in MKX and will probably return, but I'd rather see a remade Drahmin on next gen. Li Mei was kind of there in DA. Nitara needs a solid redesign. Frost is a female Sub-Zero and I've never been a fan of making an opposite gender copy. Moloch is the lamest sub-boss and Mokap is supposed to be a joke character like Meat.

MKD

good: Havik, Hotaru, Onaga

bad: Ashrah, Dairou, Darrius, Kira, Kobra, Shujinko

MKD may be the best 3D Mortal Kombat game but I really think it has the worst newcomers. Dairou, Darrius, Kira and Kobra are so lame, all they're good for is being fatality dummies for other characters. Shujinko is just special because of his backstory with Onaga but otherwise it's a lame old dude. Ashrah could be better but in MKD she's lame too.

In MK11 I'd like to see Havik because he could be great. Onaga is a possibility but only if story mode is something about him.

Taven and Daegon from MKA are also plain stupid.

In MKX the newcomers are much better though I don't want so many characters to be children or relatives of classic characters. I like Cassie and Takeda but Jacqui is a female Jax, even her name is lazy af. Same for Kung Jin. I really like Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah and Erron Black. Ferra/Torr is creative but not very cool.

What I want to say is that they don't need to have that many new characters as they've introduced in MK DA and MKD. I would be fine with returning characters and 2-4 new ones. They just need to be done properly. So yeah, I agree with [MENTION=11230]Guyver Spawn[/MENTION].

Another thing that bothers me is the lack of bad guys. This whole revenant story arc is interesting but if Liu and Kitana really are the bad guys in MK11, I really hope that they have motives for being "bad". I hate this generic "I'm bad because I'm a revenant" thing. It would be great if they were bad by own decisions and not only from being Quan Chi's servants (which they're not since he's dead).

Last edited:
I don't have an issue with the roster (if true, grain of salt).
That said, I find it to be complete BS that anyone knows what the DLC is, as NRS usually starts working on DLC AFTER the base game has gone gold.

I definitely will, that's for sure.
1 of my biggest issues with Inj2 was the stupid motherbox system.

Also, Hara-kiri's only being in the form of Quitalities sounds really good to me (again, IF true).
The winner should never be have their right to a Finisher stripped from them.
Want to do a finisher? Get better and defeat your opponent. Simple as that.

Didn't both MK9 and MKX already had decided which DLC characters were to be included? Pretty sure there were leaks about that too.

Anyways, I believe the leak has some truth to it, and some bullshit. Hence the 50:50...

Whatever the final roster turns out to be, it would be amazing if Havik made the cut.

Would be surprised if he doesn't. One of the most original MK characters.

Considering the story of this game, I would argue that the more Trilogy era characters we have, the better. Seeing these characters who we've watched evolve over the years battle against the old timeline versions we remember from our childhoods. Robot Smoke vs Revenant Smoke, Hero Liu Kang vs DemonKing Liu Kang, Ninja Noob vs Shadow Noob. I'm down for it all. This is a love letter to the classic characters and I'm drooling over every bit of it.

I consider the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube era of MK characters to be the MK equivalent of the 989 Studios Twisted Metal Games characters. Some of them are cool while the others are not very good. I'm fine if characters like Taven, Daegon, Kira, Darrius, Mavado, etc. never came back.

MK9 was already a massive love letter to the fans. Time to move on.

I would agree if they were sticking to the Outworld MK tournament story, but this new timeline merging arc is presenting a unique opportunity and I want them to take advantage of it.

Didn't both MK9 and MKX already had decided which DLC characters were to be included? Pretty sure there were leaks about that too.

Anyways, I believe the leak has some truth to it, and some bullshit. Hence the 50:50...

IIRC, MKX Kombat Pack 1 didn't leak until after MKX went gold.
I even remember someone Tweeting Rigo specifically about which characters would be DLC, and him saying something to the effect of we haven't even decided which ones will be DLC yet.

MK9 was already a massive love letter to the fans. Time to move on.

Yes! This.
We just got a reboot game with MK9.
No need to have another one.
Klassic / legacy characters can be swapped in an out for other dead ones, but there's not reason why this has to be Trilogy 3.0.
Timeline stuff can happen and have cameos, without having all of the Trilogy characters being playable.