Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

The game looks AMAZING!! Once again they went with a song that didn't fit the video just like the MKX trailer but that's insignificant when compared to positives about the trailer. The in game shots look awesome as well, the faces look great! I'm glad they waited until it was closer to release to show it off, we get to see a much more refined looking product instead of early faces that will be changed months later as has happened in the past.

I've seen comments about wanting a female boss, I have to ask why? What would make it better by having a female? That is the totally wrong approach. If they come up with an awesome female character who happens to be a boss that's great but just making a female to be the boss would be silly and that kind of SJW sort of mentality has no place in the creative process IMO.

A female boss for this game would be amazing because it'd be the first ever female MK boss. And I mean final (big baddie) boss. She should be more powerful than the Tekken female bosses (Kazumi and Jun/Unknown)! I can imagine the woman in Jade's MK9 ending having powers similar to Azwell's from Soul Calibur! If the final boss will be a female, I hope she's as powerful as Omega Rugal of the King of Fighters series but with weapons and much more violent, nasty, twisted, oh and PERVERTED! ;)

Really curious to see how they do this timeline stuff. Scorpion's eyes in the ingame cutscene show him with regular pupils. So I wonder if it means he's pre-death Hanzo. Tho the cinematic still showed him with his Hellspawn powers.

A female boss for this game would be amazing because it'd be the first ever female MK boss. And I mean final (big baddie) boss. She should be more powerful than the Tekken female bosses (Kazumi and Jun/Unknown)! I can imagine the woman in Jade's MK9 ending having powers similar to Azwell's from Soul Calibur! If the final boss will be a female, I hope she's as powerful as Omega Rugal of the King of Fighters series but with weapons and much more violent, nasty, twisted, oh and PERVERTED! ;)

You didn't make a case for why it would be better for a female boss, just being a female boss in a video game means nothing. There are plenty of prominent female characters in video games, hell the females in most MK games are cheap to play against already as are most bosses, the last thing I want is a boss who is doubly cheap because they are both female and a boss lol.

Can't wait to see Klassic Shao Kahn. Naked Barbarian dude with the God tier insults :hail:

Indeed. Shao Kahn s pecs alone are bigger than his head. I need to get back to the gym. :lol:

Scorpion looks weird. At first I thought the UMK3 version was Takeda due to how small he looks.

Due to Flashpoint...

Shao Kahn is the champion of the Elder Gods...

Wonder if Hotaru is evil...

In Mortal Kombat canon, Shao Kahn is immortal

a6c1692a4c3fbe9110caed724642f6166e13620e.jpeg

The only badass that rivals Shao Kahn in badassery is Kotal Kahn. As soon as he gets revealed and that Adventure mode gets confirmed I'll pre order.

Just imagine those two tanks running around in SM mode, blowing everyone up. Amazing.

The only problem with that description is that it mentions nothing about the SM mode. "Cinematic story" pretty much means the cutscene fighter we had been getting for the past...10 years. Needs more innovation.

The only badass that rivals Shao Kahn in badassery is Kotal Kahn. As soon as he gets revealed and that Adventure mode gets confirmed I'll pre order.

Just imagine those two tanks running around in SM mode, blowing everyone up. Amazing.

From the looks of your avatar pic you could do some damage yourself :)

You didn't make a case for why it would be better for a female boss, just being a female boss in a video game means nothing. There are plenty of prominent female characters in video games, hell the females in most MK games are cheap to play against already as are most bosses, the last thing I want is a boss who is doubly cheap because they are both female and a boss lol.

It'd be awesome especially if that female boss is twice as perverted as Mileena and Belladonna (Thrill Kill). ;)

Looks like NRS is continuing the injustice 2 gear piece system with this game. Obviously a custom variation system sounds very casual. I was hoping they ditch it all together but according to this it's returning. I'm more interested in the core fighting aspects but NRS isn't talking untill January.

Last edited:
The gear system was by far my favorite thing about Injustice. I'm glad they brought it back for MK11, I just hope they removed the stats from everything. Just let me make my guy look cool and call it a day.

I think with this one tho they're letting you make your own variations. Almost like a mix of MKX and I2. Where we'll be selecting every special move, not just 2.

I could be wrong, but I'm not reading the two scorpions as some sort of time travel element. To me it is just implying the custom variation aspect. The first scorpion you fight and the next scorpion you fight will likely be different (online).

Maybe I just don't want it to be because I'm not a fan of time travel stories for the most part.

Last edited:
It most definitely will have something to do with time. It started with MK9, there's a sand watch in the trailer which is obviously the woman from Jade's ending.

The gear system was by far my favorite thing about Injustice. I'm glad they brought it back for MK11, I just hope they removed the stats from everything. Just let me make my guy look cool and call it a day.

I think with this one tho they're letting you make your own variations. Almost like a mix of MKX and I2. Where we'll be selecting every special move, not just 2.
As long as it doesn't affect competitive mode and is more for looks than sure go nuts. If they are using Injustice 2's idea of a competitive mode (Looks only ) or a custom variation piece mode where the variation completely changes a character than I'm good. Again, until we see these systems explained in more detail we won't know for sure. Damn January is like post christmas with Remake 2 releasing and MK11 gameplay in the same month!