Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Hey at least you finished it. I didn't even go through half of it, got bored and just YouTube'd it.

I'm not buying this trophies/achievements list. It seems too lazy and simple for NRS to do so. Around 20 trophies just for performing fatalities with a certain character? This could be a pretty big trolling after all. You just need to compare some difficult trophies in MK9 and MKX to the leaked ones. Hell, I didn't manage to have all of the MK9 trophies because of this ridiculous "Gain mastery of all fighters". I do have 100% in MKX but some of them were not that easy.

The other thing is the lack of male ninjas. I can't imagine NRS not to know about their popularity and the critics after releasing MK3. I don't think they'd dare to have the regular roster with only Scorpion and SZ being in. Scorpion and SZ are given, but Reptile is the third. He usually doesn't sit out. Then there are Noob Saibot and Smoke that were not in MKX. Rain being NPC pissed many people off. The only male ninja I can imagine to sit completely out is Ermac given that there are some endings with his souls being absorbed by Shang Tsung himself.

And if the trophies are indeed true, than there will be more spots on the roster. Similar to the stage select screen. Hence the diamond form of it. It may become bigger on each side without changing the form and is something new to a MK game.

It's something that every developer usually does on Steam (revealing trophy info).
The same thing happened with Dishonored 2, and it's how people found out that there was going to be a Standalone / DLC coming out for it before the trailer even came out for it.
You can monitor the activity for the game under the "packages" section and it shows when there was activity for the game being done on Steam.
It's unfortunate for them that it got discovered this way, but listing achievements / Trophies is something that devs will have to do before the game comes out, regardless.
NRS just happened to use the first 3 letters of their characters for their achievements, and people put 2 and 2 together and figured it out.

Again, I could very well see Reptile being 1 of the "unlockable" characters, as a nod to MK1, and the same goes for Noob and Smoke being possible MKII nod types of unlocks.
As soon as the leaks were discovered, the Steam db stopped updating, so who knows?
Perhaps those few other characters would have also been discovered.

While there could be a few more undiscovered spots for unlockable characters, I really don't think it'll be bigger than 25 for the default roster. IMO, it'll probably be 25 + Shao Kahn and the "?" box, in the same way that MKX was 24 + Goro and the "?" box.

HOLY SHIT! Pre-ordered.

But on a more serious tone, I'd play a game where I could just immerse into MK's lore fully, maybe even with CO-OP. Who knows, maybe in the next 6 years...

I agree that MK lore is there and is interesting. It's too bad that NRS doesn't just go big with it.

NRS should invest on a Konquest mode again. They could have their cinematics, single player and multiplayer untouched, but the story mode experience would be more replayable.

They all know we would play something close to Shaolin Monks, what else is better than a story mode like Deception or Armageddon (maybe more like the first due to exploration) with the cinematics and story nowadays?

But despite the fact they do give importance to story, I think MK would embrace it fully if we had a game surrounding that only. It's not hard to imagine, just pick up an open world game where you can create your character, travel among the realms, make quests, fight people and all of that in a certain period of time (like before Goro killed GKL or something).

Or just throw an open world reality to travel between the realms and the usual story mode we have. I saw some people on the internet saying to not change MK11's story mode, I mean, not change to a lesser version, but adding more is always welcome.

I have decided to accept the leak as the real roster. If it turns out to be fake then i am very hyped again. If not then i am not disappointed

I have decided to accept the leak as the real roster. If it turns out to be fake then i am very hyped again. If not then i am not disappointed

It's the best way to go, imo.
I've gotten to that point, as well, but the opposite.
If the roster turns out to be true, it'll be great to see Kotal, D'Vorah and Cassie again, as well as 3 new characters, and maaaaaaybe Fujin will be DLC.
That said, on the 1% chance that it's fake, hopefully that windy bastard will be on the main roster, then.
If not, then MK11 will be the last game that I'll hold out any hopes to see him as playable again.

Obviously I'm in that boat too, though it helps that I really like the leaked roster so far, I admit I will be slightly disappointed on the slim chance that it is fake, but it ain't the end of the world.

It's the best way to go, imo.
I've gotten to that point, as well, but the opposite.
If the roster turns out to be true, it'll be great to see Kotal, D'Vorah and Cassie again, as well as 3 new characters, and maaaaaaybe Fujin will be DLC.
That said, on the 1% chance that it's fake, hopefully that windy bastard will be on the main roster, then.
If not, then MK11 will be the last game that I'll hold out any hopes to see him as playable again.

I think Kotal Cassie are in either ways real or fake

UNLESS we are demoting Onaga to sub-boss status that we are not expecting! Who knows if Kronika doesn't want to reset everything to One Being times? Besides, she wants evil, he was so corrupted that he tainted Raiden the same way Shinnok did, and we do know Shinnok's absence is the reason for Kronika to get mad.

Also, Geras has a chest crystal or whatever that's called that is a direct reference to Onaga.

I like the idea of involving Onaga in some form. But when you mentioned sub-boss status, I heard in the Kombat Kast something that points at Geras. They described him as Kronika's Goro. Kind of a let down because he would be the least interesting sub-boss astedically.

Off to the side though, I'm very pleased to see my guy Kabal return. All I need now is a Noob Saibot reveal.

Also interesting is I swear I spoke of the idea of Shao Kahn being a pre-order bonus similar to Goro in MKX way back. Makes me wonder if they're listening

Last edited:
I like that Geras is a sub-boss since we haven't had a new sub-boss since MKDA. It would be cool to have Onaga as DLC, but I doubt it since he has not been relevant in a long time. Having three of Outworld leaders in one game would be pretty sick.

It would be magic to see Onaga relevant once again.

Imagine what would happen if Shao Kahn came back to dethrone Kotal, but Onaga appeared to take down both lol

I think we could leave Outworld to its own after a challenge like this.

It would be cool if we could get Quan Chi, Goro (with a Kintaro skin) Onaga and Shinnok along with Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung. I'd like to be able to have all of the big bads fighting each other in a 2D game.

We have to hold out hope, because if they're bringing back the parents (minus Kenshi, it seems) and still finding room for Jacqui on the roster whilst also us over with no Rain, Fujin and Smoke then my interest levels are pretty low. There's been so much stuff about Noob's popularity and him winning the Twitter polls that I can't believe he wouldn't be coming back this time, and I think there's a reasonable bet he and Jade may be unlockables (though I still think there'll just be one for doing story mode).

Rain, Fujin and Tanya were all 'in' MKX and so that makes me doubt their return in MK11. Also, because every character now has 3 variants + custom specials + custom intros + custom gear + skins, that's a lot of work... I think a 25 slot roster is what we're getting, and I think the Steam leak was real.

If you wanted one of your favourite characters to return then I'd say pin most hope on Noob, but I think Smoke will either be an NPC again or possibly DLC, and Fujin will never be playable in another MK game. :(

The thing is, and this is what I believe, that there will be many DLC characters and in the end of the day we will have a solid roster. But my personal issue is the fact that DLC characters aren’t really story-relevant. This has been an issue with MKX. Tanya should have been on the main roster. NPCs like Rain and Baraka were ignored, though their part in story mode isn’t much less than Kung Lao‘s.

I would prefer Fujin being DLC rather than don’t having him at all but I can’t understand how he is not part of the story since Raiden is mad. Fujin could take the role of the real protector of the Earthrealm. Leaving him out and letting Frost take over is something I will never understand. It’s a shame to get a SZ clone instead of other iconic characters and fan favorites. I don’t have a problem with her. I wouldn’t if the roster wasn’t that limited. Though I hope it is bigger in the end of the day.

Considering how much criticism NRS got on Jacqui, I'd imagine she's going to be one of the most improved characters on the roster.

If Noob Saibot, Fujin, Rain, or Smoke don't make the main roster (most likely not, agreed the leak is real) then they most definitely will be dlc. The first Kombat pack is 6 characters. Who do you think it will be.

Also agree it's B.s. when dlc characters have almost no role in the story. I'm hoping, at the very least considering this is how things are looking, they'll be practically advertised in the story as NPC's before being sold in the Kombat packs.

What's interesting is the leak doesn't confirm Jax. Does anyone think he'll not make it in the game? Personally, I wouldn't mind Jaqciu replace his roster spot. I like Frost because the lore, just not crazy about having her in over others. But sense there's no stopping that, I can't stop thinking about how cool it would be to see her fight Skarlet with their redesigns. Seems they fit as the new Kitana and Mileena in a way.

Last edited:
It kind of saddens me when I think about all the wasted resources NRS has sitting around. Over 70 characters in the franchise. But we keep seeing the same 30. The more I think about it the more disappointed I am in the roster. Ashra, Nitara, Dhramin, Reiko, Fujin, Havik, Li Mei, Onaga all had so much potential. Ashra probably had the best backstory out of all of them. I don't think they need to make completely new fighters every game. Especially if more than half of the MKX newbies are returning. Could without Geras tbh.

Im really wondering when the players that are requesting 3D era kharakters started playing MK. Are these players that got into MK around MK4 or later?
No judgement or anything just wondering!