Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you know that there is a Mortal Kombat 11 event taking place in London on January 17th.

We would be delighted if you would join us for some exclusive Mortal Kombat 11 reveals, gameplay and much more!

Tickets to the event are on sale tomorrow at 10am GMT/11am CET and additional information can be found here:

http://www.mortalkombat11.com/thereveal

See you there!

Hello everyone!

We just wanted to let you know that there is a Mortal Kombat 11 event taking place in London on January 17th.

We would be delighted if you would join us for some exclusive Mortal Kombat 11 reveals, gameplay and much more!

Tickets to the event are on sale tomorrow at 10am GMT/11am CET and additional information can be found here:

See you there!

If we can't make it to the event, can we still tune in via Twitch?

Hello everyone!

See you there!

FÜCK. I have to work on the 17th!

Liu Kang and Sub-Zero confirmed via a Canadian Best Buy site mentioning some pre-order stuff.

Won't come as a surprise to anyone, but there you have it.

Great, so special moves / abilities will be locked behind another bullshit rng system? Way to fvck that up NRS. If it end up being anything like Injustice 2's rng system, sadly I don't see myself playing the game for too long.
The bullshit grind-fest only to never be able to unlcok special moves was total ass, and I quickly lost interest in it.
Robin plays like Nightwing with the Staff Of Grayson and The Flash's Sonic Bolt and Sonic Parry completey change the way that I used the character, but locking special moves behind RNG is utter horseshit.
I doubt that. From the leaks, it seems to be more about 'adventuring' to unlock content, as distinct from collecting "loot boxes" (which would be illegal, given the game is confirmed to have associated "in-app purchases" for those who want it all, at any co$t).

Having said that, a protip for hurdling the IJ2 grind wall (if you're on PC) is to download a trainer -> give yourself currency -> buy gold Mother F#$%er Boxes -> mash 'X' button while watching a few movies (*you can buy a maximum of 50 at a time).

I unlocked all the specials (et al.) after a few hours of doing that. An onerous way to unlock content, to be sure; but, at least it's a method for circumventing their dastardly game design--that literally locks out a lot of content all but permanently for non-OCD-afflicted players (...If doing so is even worth it at this point, seeing as online is dead and, for some hair-brained reason, only player-1 can use the content in offline versus mode/s :roll: ).

NRS doesn't ban anyone for using trainers? Wow. What's stopping anyone from using cheat engine and oneshotting every kid online...

MK11 The Reveal - London tickets are now on sale!

Get yours before it's too late (max 4 per person) ��

bit.ly/2Lf0dg9

I doubt that. From the leaks, it seems to be more about 'adventuring' to unlock content, as distinct from collecting "loot boxes" (which would be illegal, given the game is confirmed to have associated "in-app purchases" for those who want it all, at any co$t).

Having said that, a protip for hurdling the IJ2 grind wall (if you're on PC) is to download a trainer -> give yourself currency -> buy gold Mother F#$%er Boxes -> mash 'X' button while watching a few movies (*you can buy a maximum of 50 at a time).

I unlocked all the specials (et al.) after a few hours of doing that. An onerous way to unlock content, to be sure; but, at least it's a method for circumventing their dastardly game design--that literally locks out a lot of content all but permanently for non-OCD-afflicted players (...If doing so is even worth it at this point, seeing as online is dead and, for some hair-brained reason, only player-1 can use the content in offline versus mode/s :roll: ).

I hope that you're right in that regard and that it's more like Shaolin Monks, in that sense of unlocking stuff.
An end-goal is fine and I'm fine with ________ amount of finishers unlocks ____________, for example, in the same way that joining every faction in MKX gave you the Onaga card and even though it was grinding, it was meaningful grinding with a light at the end of the tunnel.

I play on PS4, and even though I could technically write up an AutoHotKey to do the same, it just seems like too much of a chore, which is part of what made me say "screw it, after I'm done with The Flash's LMV I'll be completely done with I2, until MK11."

I really do hope that they fix that player 2 issue in MK11 of player 2 not having unlocked stuff, which also happened in MKX, IIRC.
When MKX first game out I played maybe 1 or 2 player matches and had unlocked a few Brutalities in the Krypt, which remained unlocked for me on the player 2 side. Unfortunately, I think it has more to do with PS4 requiring player 2 to have an account for the stats to carry over, which I still think is stupid. The guest playing on my PS4 with me should also be able to access the stuff I unlocked while playing on the same console.

Any move by Doomguy should result in rip & tear. Only problem, there are no demons in this game.

Well, there is Ashrah, Sareena, Drahmin, and Quan Chii as far as playable demons go in the MK series. NRS can always make a new original demon character if the Netherealm plays a role in the story with Kitana and Liu Kang ruling the Netherrealm. I always feel like MK is long overdue for a new demon/oni character.

How about using the names of Belial, Behemoth, Beelzebub, Asmodeus, Satanas, and Lucifer for the new demon characters in MK11?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

"Allegedly this is an NRS email from the marketing department, dated before the VGA. (Note, though, that email timestamps can be faked.) It has lots of accurate details about the VGA rollout, and makes the following additional claims:
Ronda Rousey will allegedly be at the Jan 17 community reveal to announce she's voicing Sonya Blade, which would be a big waste of money unless she's a playable character.
One of the new characters is supposedly named 'Geras', and they say there's potentially a trailer for him coming Jan 17 because Shao Kahn's gameplay isn't ready to show. (This makes sense, as Shao Kahn is the pre-order character, ergo probably doesn't factor into the story mode, and therefore they'd start developing him later on.)
New gameplay elements that the email says need to be introduced: Custom Variations, Krushing Blows, and Supers.
A mode is listed called 'Towers of Time', which would make sense as the new version of the Living Towers.
The email writer pitches showing off a Story Prologue teaser to introduce 'Kronika', presumably the hourglass woman in the Announce Trailer. (A name deriving from Khronos -- Greek god of time -- would track with the way the Elder Gods tend to have names drawn from Japanese or Greek mythology.)
All of this seems pretty believable to me, and while I'm not treating any of it as necessarily real, I'll be updating the OP of my leaks post with this potential information.

We'll have to see for ourselves on January 17, because this absolutely could be faked (with timestamps, etc) but of all the supposed leaks to come out during the MK11 lead-up period, this is the one looking most plausible to me.

If this is fake, it's a master class in fake leaks, so good work to this person if they made it up."

This is what I found. Sounds plausible. If Towers are actually called Towers of Time, then yeah. Most likely they are pulling Injustice 2 universes. Different timelines with different outcomes. Like Sub Zero and Scorpion never making amends, Raiden failing to stop Shao Kahn or that one timeline where FROST IS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER.

Ask those leakers about that adventure mode. So far this sounds like MKX 2.0.

Well what did you expect? They made it pretty clear, that MK11 will be Esports orientated. They know it pays. MK9 wasn't even designed for Esports. That overdecorated multiplayer menu, felt like something you just slap on for basic function and that's it (and that was enough and completely fine), but then MKX came out, they made more adjustments to online play, better menu, more integrated online features, factions, rankings, etc and boom. MKX became Esports worthy... but still not enough. So now following that pattern, MK11 should be designed to the core for Esports.

That timeline thing is nothing, but a way to justify different costumes. Cause story wise it doesn't really make sense. We already had time travel subject in MK9. Why repeat that, so quickly? To justify the gear. Simple.

Here is Raiden from one Timeline, where he stopped Shinnok and ascended, so he wears white or something, while another Raiden actually became a Shinnok's ally and he is dressed in Netherrealm outfit. Etc. Point is. It will be MKX 2.0. But in this case I hope, it will be 2.0 as in actually IMPROVED rather, that just a copy paste with different names and different engine.

P.S I think it is pretty plausible to believe that MK11, might break the current trend of game releases and actually concentrate on long term plan. Rather than 2-3 year lifespan.

I typed nothing about E-Sports. MKX 2.0 shouldn't take 4 years to develop.

Lol @ Ronda Rousey as Sonya Blade though.