Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Don't be THAT person.
Tremor, Kia, Jataaka, the fire god, the earth god, and the water god weren't ever playable in MK games at that time, so yes, the entire cast of playable characters up to that point was in Armageddon.

I'm surprised he didn't also list No Face and Tasia.

I'm surprised he didn't also list No Face and Tasia.

Lol.
I mean, those characters could be made playable in future games like how Tremor made it to MKX, but yeah, Armageddon had everyone that was playable in a previous MK fighting game installment, up to that point.

Lol.
I mean, those characters could be made playable in future games like how Tremor made it to MKX, but yeah, Armageddon had everyone that was playable in a previous MK fighting game installment, up to that point.

Art Lean should be playable before those other Mythologies/SF characters not named Sareena or Tremor.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Art Lean should be playable before those other Mythologies/SF characters not named Sareena or Tremor.

Sareena was made playable in Armageddon, though, so she'd also technically fall under the category of 3D era playable characters, but yes, I agree.
Post-MK3 / 3D era roster characters should take priority over non-roster characters.

Sareena was made playable in Armageddon, though, so she'd also technically fall under the category of 3D era playable characters, but yes, I agree.
Post-MK3 / 3D era roster characters should take priority over non-roster characters.

She was playable before that in MK Tournament :deal:

If I'd install MK11 by some miracle then I'll pick Rambo only. Maining a non-MK character in an MK game...oh well.

Which is exactly why I specified "not named Sareena or Tremor".

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Which is exactly why I specified "not named Sareena or Tremor".

Just pointing that out because Sareena seemed to be more of a 3D era character than not.
She falls under both categories (Mythologies and 3D era), yet lots of people out there would probably call her a 3D era character because of Armageddon where she was first playable.
Likewise, Quan Chi, Fujin and Shinnok could be considered either Mythologies or Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm (Quan Chi), since that's where people first saw them MK media, but most people will refer to them as MK4 characters because that's the game in which they first debuted as playable.
It's like calling Ermac and MK1 character. Yes, technically he was glitch that showed up for Scorpion, but many would say he's an UMK3 character as that's where he was first playable.

The MK12 leaks were hilarious. MK11 Aftermath 2.0 was something else. What can I say? NRS community is really creative when it comes to 40-page fanfics.

I think DVD had some legit info but then started to add his shit on top.

THIS! I feel The Terminator and Robocop are a waste of space! I'd rather have Sareena/Li Mei and any of the MK cyborgs in their place by now!!!

I think DVD had some legit info but then started to add his shit on top.

Agreed.
I think he may have had legit info with regards to KP2, but then he let it get to his head and started adding a bunch of stuff and making things up for KP3 and adding his own story.
This is why when it comes to leaks I only take seriously the ones that at least can be backed by evidence....

- Richard Epcar spilling the beans about Ash? Plausible that NRS had Bruce Campbell read lines (or at the very least written intro lines, as evident) and it was later scrapped due to licensing.
We saw on Test YOur Might that there were data mined intro lines from the beginning with him vs Spawn, not long after the game dropped.

- Old datamining finding gear and Brutalities for Sektor? Possible that they were thinking of putting him in at 1 point and was scrapped.

- Old datamining finding a Test Your _________ mode? Possible that they planned for it and either scrapped it or haven't done it yet.

- TheThiny data mining 11 additional spots after Spawn? Very reliable, as the dude had to use special software in order to hack it, and he even data mined Rambo, Rain and Mileena.

If it isn't a credible source or something that has a chance to be proven with facts, then no, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt.

Just fyi you can do it yourself to double check the datamines. It's not exactly rocket science. Here: https://www.cheatengine.org/. The only thing with MK11 is that I _think_ you need a modded .exe.
Pretty sure if you just search for strings you'll find plenty of stuff in their executable. Bonus points if you have even tiniest bit of UE3 experience and know how MK games are structured.

Hahah NRS/QLOC has actually disabled this recently according to thehiny.

Anyways the leaks can be disregarded simply because Ultimate is coming out soon. To believe that there's another full-blown story mode with more characters releasing in a month is full on bonkers mode. IMO Ultimate's the end of content, it fits into the "years of content planned" and general life cycle of NRS games. Besides more content would mean MK11 would be well over 130gigs on PC, making it twice as big as Cyberpunk 2077. :lol:

Last edited:
Just fyi you can do it yourself to double check the datamines. It's not exactly rocket science. Here: https://www.cheatengine.org/. The only thing with MK11 is that I _think_ you need a modded .exe.
Pretty sure if you just search for strings you'll find plenty of stuff in their executable. Bonus points if you have even tiniest bit of UE3 experience and know how MK games are structured.

Anyways the leaks can be disregarded simply because Ultimate is coming out soon. To believe that there's another full-blown story mode with more characters releasing in a month is full on bonkers mode. IMO Ultimate's the end of content, it fits into the "years of content planned" and general life cycle of NRS games. Besides more content would mean MK11 would be well over 130gigs on PC, making it twice as big as Cyberpunk 2077. :lol:

I agree with you in that I don't think that there's another full-blown story mode.
You can tell that Aftermath was something that they planned for MK11 but later sold it as DLC, given that Fujin, Nightwolf, Sindel, Shang Tsung and Sheeva all had data mined intro lines from the start.
Those characters were planned from the get-go.
Planning, writing, mocapping and doing VO for another story mode like that (especially with the general shittiness of 2020) I don't think is feasible, given that it would probably interfere with whatever could be next.

That said, I DO think that the other data mined 5 characters could come and maybe drop all at once like what happened with MKX/XL, MK11 Aftermath and MK11 KP2 and have that come out early next year (in Q1) with an announcement for their next game being near E3 again.

Yeah, the 5 slots could be filled up later on for sure. IMO won't happen but it's still a possibility. Especially considering the new gen consoles, and they want to milk this game as much as possible. Queue Mortal Kombat 11 Komplete Edition (MKKE cries in the corner :lol:)!

it's still a possibility. Especially considering the new gen consoles, and they want to milk this game as much as possible. Queue Mortal Kombat 11 Komplete Edition (MKKE cries in the corner :lol:)!

Yeah, this was precisely my thought too.
Entice people with Rain, Mileena and Rambo and have them get more money from the people getting it on PS5 / XsX and milk MK11 some more.

They gave her a Zatarran-like tongue, Reptile's invisibility and his eye gouge move.
Not surprising (imo) as some characters seem to share similar moves with each other in MK11.
I wouldn't doubt it if that tongue move / KB ended up being her MKII Man Eater Fatality / Brutality.
Looks like these KP2 characters (or at least Rain and Mileena) are getting invincibility / invisible moves which could make them a bit OP.
I'll wait to see what it entails with the Kombat Kast and what this means for other match-ups.

They gave her a Zatarran-like tongue, Reptile's invisibility and his eye gouge move.
Not surprising (imo) as some characters seem to share similar moves with each other in MK11.
I wouldn't doubt it if that tongue move / KB ended up being her MKII Man Eater Fatality / Brutality.
Looks like these KP2 characters (or at least Rain and Mileena) are getting invincibility / invisible moves which could make them a bit OP.
I'll wait to see what it entails with the Kombat Kast and what this means for other match-ups.

Nah. I doubt Mileena's move is actually invincible, and it isn't even really invisible. You can still see her with the purple smoke.
And Rain's looks like it has WILD recovery. There's a reason they showed Kotal whiffing a whole string on it. If you want OP invicible moves, look at Smoke's Fade in MKX