Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

And their new target audience is the generation that most likely missed MK9. Anyone that doesn't like retcons and lore being messed is clearly being told to fvck off. And new players, they don't really care about the lore. They like what they see, as they don't know better. MK11 is the standard now. Nobody will play Deadly Alliance, Shaolin Monks or Deception and compare which game was made with passion and which one was done half assed. For people now, MK11 is the best thing since sliced bread.

Actually, MK1, MK2, and UMK3 are the best thing since sliced bread. In fact, those 3 games are the Holy Grail of MK and should be copied as much as possible for all future MK games.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Actually, MK1, MK2, and UMK3 are the best thing since sliced bread. In fact, those 3 games are the Holy Grail of MK and should be copied as much as possible for all future MK games.

Well Tarkatan here is a news flash. Nobody gives a shit. You can't even get MK1, MK2 and MK3 on steam anymore. Nobody plays those games, nor play them. Only the old community remembers those games. You, me, and everyone else that grew up with MK, is out. We are not the target audience. If some of us still enjoy the game, they are fine with that. But if you don't like the changes, if you don't follow the agenda. You're not true fan.

And pretty ironic Tarkatan. You are definitely not the true fan now. You dislike the retcons? Well NRS devs have officially made it clear. You don't like them, you're not a true fan. Ask Xenon. He was the one who showed, how devs were marking everyone after arcade endings have been revealed.

Point is. You can forget seeing old MK remastered or new ones done with the same spirit. It will be all Esports now, and lore is gone. Literally. Welcome to a new age of MK. No more consistency, politically motivated retcons, broken ports, forced online and hollywood guests taking up spots.

The only way they will change that is if:
A. Going back to old roots will bring more profit.
B. Someone buys the license.

Well Tarkatan here is a news flash. Nobody gives a shit. You can't even get MK1, MK2 and MK3 on steam anymore. Nobody plays those games, nor play them. Only the old community remembers those games. You, me, and everyone else that grew up with MK, is out. We are not the target audience. If some of us still enjoy the game, they are fine with that. But if you don't like the changes, if you don't follow the agenda. You're not true fan.

And pretty ironic Tarkatan. You are definitely not the true fan now. You dislike the retcons? Well NRS devs have officially made it clear. You don't like them, you're not a true fan. Ask Xenon. He was the one who showed, how devs were marking everyone after arcade endings have been revealed.

Point is. You can forget seeing old MK remastered or new ones done with the same spirit. It will be all Esports now, and lore is gone. Literally. Welcome to a new age of MK. No more consistency, politically motivated retcons, broken ports, forced online and hollywood guests taking up spots.

The only way they will change that is if:
A. Going back to old roots will bring more profit.
B. Someone buys the license.

Only stupid people like [MENTION=18752]Sonya Bland[/MENTION] don't give a shit about the roots of Mortal Kombat. If you hate any of the Arcade Era games, you're not a true fan, because the Arcade Era MADE Mortal Kombat a household name to begin with.

Only stupid people like [MENTION=18752]Sonya Bland[/MENTION] don't give a shit about the roots of Mortal Kombat. If you hate any of the Arcade Era games, you're not a true fan, because the Arcade Era MADE Mortal Kombat a household name to begin with.

Welp it doesn't matter. A lot of players that play MK now, don't even know how original 3 looked. Or Shaolin Monks or Deception.

You just gotta face reality. Our kind isn't the preferred audience anymore. They are now hunting for political points and Hollywood junkies.

Welp it doesn't matter. A lot of players that play MK now, don't even know how original 3 looked. Or Shaolin Monks or Deception.

You just gotta face reality. Our kind isn't the preferred audience anymore. They are now hunting for political points and Hollywood junkies.
Anyone who doesn't even know how the first 3 games looked is a person who hates Mortal Kombat.

Anyone who doesn't even know how the first 3 games looked is a person who hates Mortal Kombat.

Please stop spouting nonsense. Not all MK fans were born in the 80s-90s, not all MK fans enjoyed the gameplay of the old games more than that of the new ones. I'm 40 years old, I've played every single MK game from the beginning, and I vastly prefer MK9-11 over the old trilogy in every way. This doesn't make me any less of a fan than you or anyone else for that matter.

Stop with the 'anyone who doesn't agree with me isn't a fan' bullshit. It's embarrassing, childish and cringeworthy.

Last edited:
So you prefer fake Mortal Kombat littered with guest character scum over TRUE Mortal Kombat? The mere presence of guest characters makes MK9-11 lesser games than the original Trilogy...or even the 3D era for that matter.

So you prefer fake Mortal Kombat littered with guest character scum over TRUE Mortal Kombat? The mere presence of guest characters makes MK9-11 lesser games than the original Trilogy...or even the 3D era for that matter.

There are enough MK core characters to make this game a legit purchase. Just because it has Spawn doesn't make this a lesser game for me in the slightest. Would I prefer to have Havik and Quan Chi over Terminator and Ash Williams? Absolutely. Do I think that MK11 is worse than MK2 simply because it has Spawn? Hell, no.

You're making a mountain out of an anthill and that's within your rights to do so. It's when you begin to dictate who's a fan and who's not that the eyes begin to roll.

Don't be that guy. Be better.

There are enough MK core characters to make this game a legit purchase. Just because it has Spawn doesn't make this a lesser game for me in the slightest. Would I prefer to have Havik and Quan Chi over Terminator and Ash Williams? Absolutely. Do I think that MK11 is worse than MK2 simply because it has Spawn? Hell, no.

You're making a mountain out of an anthill and that's within your rights to do so. It's when you begin to dictate who's a fan and who's not that the eyes begin to roll.

Don't be that guy. Be better.

Holy f---ing shit, yes!
A little louder for the people in the back.
Goodness gracious this shit's getting old and the dead horse has been butchered with this "you're not a fan if ________" garbage.

I was also about 10 years old when MK1 first showed up at my local Pizza Hut, but just because I don't fap to the same motherfuggin' 27 klassic characters doesn't mean that I'm any less of a fan, and I can't stand that stupid horseshit argument.
Some of us who have been with the franchise since the beginning also want to see something fresh and new like Kotal Kahn, Jacqui, Cassie, Geras, Erron Black, D'Vorah, Cetrion and Kollector.

Plus, whether people like it or not, NRS have chosen their own 10 must-have characters for every MK game in this new generation of games (MK9 thru MK11, and possibly MK12) and those 10 must have characters for them are the OG7, Jax, Kitana and Kung Lao, and everyone else can be replaced / swapped out for another character.

Last edited:
Id much rather have a proper remake of the first four games (MK, MK II, UMK3, Trilogy) than MK12. They could even have different versions of the games available. So many games are being remaked, I can't believe they have not done this yet.

Did you not play MK9?
Because that's what it was: a reboot of MK1, MKII, MK3 and UMK3.

Of course I did and I loved it. But thr remakes will be very different than the reboot that is MK9. It should use the original mechanics, difficulties etc but have polished graphics.

Of course I did and I loved it. But thr remakes will be very different than the reboot that is MK9. It should use the original mechanics, difficulties etc but have polished graphics.

They tried doing an HD Kollection a while ago (Other Ocean was developing it) but it was scrapped.

Jacqui Briggs said:
I want MK11 Ultimate with all the playable MK characters from 9-11 with no guest and DLC being other MK characters

I'd love to see Takeda or Ferra / Torr come back, but I still think that the "big news" could be the leaked stages, finisher type and the rest of KP2.
Something just tells me that KP2 will also have 3 guests, though. :roll:
Otherwise, 3 more character slots could open that up to just about any other of the highly requested characters.

I want MK11 Ultimate with all the playable MK characters from 9-11 with no guest and DLC being other MK characters

With the classic run button or by pressing forward and the switch stance button so the characters can run.

What would actually be better is if all the characters from MK9-MK11 (including ALL DLCs as selectable characters) be in Ultimate MK11 plus a new set of DLC characters that are only consisting of MK Kombatants.

One of the DLC characters should be Kronika.