Mortal Kombat 11 General Discussion Media Thread

Daegon, Kai, and Ashrah make no sense for DLC because they are not very popular. Post-MK3 characters that are popular or have loud vocal fans only tend to get added from what I've seen over the years.

Not always.
Reiko and Havik have been asked for in social media and people always bring them up on reddit, yet nothing in MK11.
Maybe Havik's konsumable being removed a while ago is evidence of him possible coming as DLC, but for now we have nothing else to go on. As for Reiko, if he doesn't get in via DLC then we can all thank the douche-bag who threatened Shaun Himmerick's wife and daughter for his absence.

Not always.
Reiko and Havik have been asked for in social media and people always bring them up on reddit, yet nothing in MK11.
Maybe Havik's konsumable being removed a while ago is evidence of him possible coming as DLC, but for now we have nothing else to go on. As for Reiko, if he doesn't get in via DLC then we can all thank the douche-bag who threatened Shaun Himmerick's wife and daughter for his absence.
I seriously hope that Reiko fan douchebag got severely beaten by the cops when they got called on him.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I just hope that that 1 dickhead doesn't ruin the chances of Reiko being in for the rest of us.
After the MKX comics I was really hoping that Reiko, Havik and Daegon would make it in as DLC for the next game after MKX (at the very least), especially since we know that DLC isn't canon, anyways.

Not always.

Riko and Havik have popular and vocal fans meanwhile characters like Daegon, Kai, and Ashrah have a small fan base and would be too risky to be DLC in my opinion. MK lives or dies off of MK1-3 sadly.

....That was years ago. "Blacklist" Himmerck probably forgot about that encounter already, and so did the child who made that threat. "Blacklist" Himmerick is also a massive douche and deserves a lot of shit. Doubt he has a lot of say in what gets in to their games. Remember, what matters the most is the bottom line, the rest is whatever floats the boat.

I hope it's true, so that Kittelsen can get fired.

I thought it was some sort of a spin off project, so doubt Kettleson has anything to do with it. Perhaps something to do with that rumored OG Trilogy game pack...

Riko and Havik have popular and vocal fans meanwhile characters like Daegon, Kai, and Ashrah have a small fan base and would be too risky to be DLC in my opinion. MK lives or dies off of MK1-3 sadly.

The question that I have, though, is: How much riskier would Daegon, Kai and Ashrah be in MK11 as DLC, as opposed to Bo Rai Cho in MKX as DLC?
I don't recall THAT many people really requesting Bo Rai Cho between MK9 and MKX, at least nowhere in comparison to Fujin, Tanya and Tremor.
Bo Rai Cho, Ashrah, Kai and Daegon all seem like they would be risky, but at about the same level coming from the same 3D era games (MK4 thru MK:A).

I'm not disagreeing with you that people are blinded to nostalgia, but NRS has added 3D era characters as DLC in this current Trilogy of games, and I do think that some of those characters could have a decent chance especially after the MKX comics (Daegon, Havik and Reiko).

Bo Rai Cho was definitely one of the better known characters from the 3d games. Plus he's one of Ed's favorites

I feel like NRS needs to do guest characters from video games because I feel like they are running out of violent movie characters and horror icons. They have Michael Myers and Pinhead left which will probably be saved for MK12 at this point. I'm surprise Rambo was not added because many people would pay to have a Stallone vs. Schwarzenegger brawl in a video game.

Bo Rai Cho was definitely one of the better known characters from the 3d games. Plus he's one of Ed's favorites

I wouldn't put him above or on equal ground (popularity-wise) with Fujin, Tanya & Kenshi, though, which had the most requests as DLC from the 3D era, ever since MK9.
Hell, I'd even put Havik and Reiko as better known / more relevant than Bo Rai Cho, as well, given that there's been a shitload of requests for those 2 ever since the MKX comics, prior to the release of KP2.
I really don't recall anyone asking for Bo Rai Cho for DLC.
Yeah, he was a welcomed surprise, though.

Bo Rai Cho was one character that even most people that are open towards more 3D era characters being revamp generally felt "meh" towards.

Yeah, but he's not the most liked / asked for, and that also translates to DLC sales.

I actually wouldn't doubt it if he was 1 of the lowest selling MK DLC characters in MKX, and that's probably part of why they only decided to have Frost (and Fujin, as future DLC) in MK11.
Notice how we went from 6 characters from the 3D era when all DLC was said and done for MKX / XL, down to just 2 in MK11?
A farting and puking character than people didn't want likely was part of the many reasons to do with that.

Out of Triborg (which had 3 of the cyborgs from MK3 that people like), Tremor (that had a 5,313 person petition), Tanya and farting and puking drunken master, do you really think that that many people bought Bo Rai Cho over the other 3?

Last edited:
Bo Rai Cho is the Obi-Wan Kenobi of Mortal Kombat: he trained The Chosen One.

Just because he trained Liu Kang, doesn't make him any less of a joke character.
He was and always will be the stupid fart and vomit character and NRS didn't do anything to make me respect him any more in MK11.
Whereas, Obi-Wan is respected in the Star Wars universe.

Just because he trained Liu Kang, doesn't make him any less of a joke character.
He was and always will be the stupid fart and vomit character and NRS didn't do anything to make me respect him any more in MK11.
Whereas, Obi-Wan is respected in the Star Wars universe.
Well, for what it's worth, word on the street is that Obi-Wan is the Master of Trolling.

I still say Bo Rai Cho is the Obi-Wan Kenobi of Mortal Kombat, because Bo Rai Cho trained Mortal Kombat's Chosen One (Liu Kang), while Obi-Wan trained Star Wars's Chosen One (Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader).

Last edited: